Paulding.com

The Drive Thru at

CVS is a pain in the arse <_< !!!

Dallas location

30 freakin' min!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before it's said...

I was in my PJ's doing an errand for my father.

It's not just the drive thru there! It's the whole pharmacy lately! I've been trying to get my prescription from there for a week. They keep telling me they are out of it & will order it & it will be ready the next day - still not ready today! I know they have had a bunch of good employees quit recently due to trouble within the pharmacy. Seriously considering finding a new pharmacy to transfer my prescriptions to.

This makes me feel better. We sat at the drive thru of a Walgreens for 25 minutes a few months ago. After that, we started going inside to pick up prescriptions. So much faster. Only about 20 minutes if you go inside.

Went to get shingles shots. Wait was about 30 minutes to get to the pharmacy counter. Walked out. Went back a few days later, only about a five minute wait. Then found out it was going to be $400 for the two of us to get our shingles shots and we walked out again.

CVS is a pain in the arse <_>

Dallas location

30 freakin' min!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before it's said...

I was in my PJ's doing an errand for my father.

Our insurance requires us to use CVS. If it weren't for that we wouldn't use them. They're horrible! I rarely get anything filled without some kind of problem. :angry2:

I didn't realize insurance companies could make you use a specific pharmacy. Personally, we've saved an astonishing amount of money moving our scripts from Publix ($15 each) to Wal-Mart ($4 each) and a couple others that are still less than $15 at Wal-Mart. I know not all pharmacies accept all insurances, but to be limited to only one pharmacy??? My husband originally had his thyroid meds filled at CVS for years but then they started having problems keeping it in stock.....

My husband originally had his thyroid meds filled at CVS for years but then they started having problems keeping it in stock.....

:blink: That HAS to be one of the more common scrips they fill! Why on earth would you not keep it stocked at all times???

Oddly, I saved about $100/month by moving my scrips from CVS to Walgreens. Store also has good prices and a rewards card. I might save a few $$$ more moving to WalMart, but the thought of going to WalMart any more than I have to kinda makes me want to cry. I figure it's worth a few bucks not to have to do it. :D

I didn't realize insurance companies could make you use a specific pharmacy. Personally, we've saved an astonishing amount of money moving our scripts from Publix ($15 each) to Wal-Mart ($4 each) and a couple others that are still less than $15 at Wal-Mart. I know not all pharmacies accept all insurances, but to be limited to only one pharmacy??? My husband originally had his thyroid meds filled at CVS for years but then they started having problems keeping it in stock.....

Well, they don't actually require that we use CVS but if we use any other pharmacy they don't pay as much. CVS is the "Preferred Pharmacy Provider" on our insurance plan.

Oh gosh, I can so relate!! Hubby is on the Humana Walmart prescription plan. He thought that meant he had to go to Walmart so when I told the doctor we used Walgreens, hubby said that couldn't be right because his prescription plan was a Humana *Walmart* plan. I told him that he didn't have to go to Walmart and it wouldn't change what he had to pay. Doctor confirmed that was what he understood as well. Besides, it is 1.7 miles to Walgreens and over 6 miles to Walmart. I'm the one who usually goes to get prescriptions filled so by golly, I'm going where I'm happier going. If it costs a dollar or two more, who cares? I haven't had to go to Walmart!

I might save a few $$ more moving to WalMart, but the thought of going to WalMart any more than I have to kinda makes me want to cry. I figure it's worth a few bucks not to have to do it. :D

I avoid getting prescriptions filled at that CVS. At one point, they linked my prescription information to another customer. That customer had no discount and was able to purchase their meds at my co-pay rate for several months. I didn't realize it until my insurance company sent me information on how to get "my" meds significantly cheaper by using Express Scripts online. It took months to get it straightened out with CVS.

just wanted to add a little something to this post. Like with all jobs/companies, you don't know what its like unless you have worked there. Now with that being said, as for a pharmacy with a drive thru.....an employee can suggest/ask the customer to "drive thru" or move to the side if there is a problem, but we can't make them. I do not work at the stores mentioned here, but I do work at a pharmacy with a drive thru and I can tell you its horrible. Rushing some one that is filling your medicine is not smart. That;s how mistakes happen. The two questions everyone wants to know is how much and how long? When an estimated time is given its just that an estimate.We try to account for phone calls, other prescriptions, possible problems, walk up customers, drive up customers, customers that walk up and ask where the bathroom is. All these are distractions which add to the wait time. Its not our intention to make a customer wait for hours.

I loved Kroger because they were so close to where I lived. But I hated the wait. I have been in there when there was not one soul at the drive thru or inside and have them tell me it would be 2 hours on the prescription. This isn't all that bad if it's a cholesterol drug that you take regularly. This was pain medicine for my husband post bladder surgery. He was in extreme pain and what they had given him at the hospital outpatient surgery had worn off. I thought he was going to pass out when we crossed the railroad tracks in Powder Springs. So, I had to go back two hours later, literally minutes before they shut down the pharmacy for the night to get the prescription. I felt so sorry for him for having to endure that pain.

You think CVS is bad, try Kroger. Talk about a ridiculously long time to fill a prescription!

We have become spoiled by Kaiser, it's usually no longer than 10 minutes.

I really think that it depends on the specific location. I use a different CVS and they are awesome. One of the pharmacists at the one I use is fantastic. They are always busy and sometimes there is a wait, but I don't mind because I know they are working hard and definitely have a hustle in their bustle. I went inside one time because I knew I was going to have a problem with one of my Rx's (not their fault) and I was amazed at all the things they were doing at ONE time: answering questions, calling insurance, filling Rx's, answering multiple phone lines, ringing people up, handling a backed up drive-thru, entering things on the computer, dealing with irate customers calling the pharmacist extremely racist names and cussing him out for NO reason, etc. I was amazed. We all want what we need right now, but this is a hard job for them to work. They have to deal with sick patients all day who don't feel well and have better things to do than go to the pharmacy. These people have a job where they cannot afford to make a single mistake or they could kill someone. No, I don't work for a pharmacy and never have, just try to be patient with the people who give us our drugs! ;)

I loved Kroger because they were so close to where I lived. But I hated the wait. I have been in there when there was not one soul at the drive thru or inside and have them tell me it would be 2 hours on the prescription. This isn't all that bad if it's a cholesterol drug that you take regularly. This was pain medicine for my husband post bladder surgery. He was in extreme pain and what they had given him at the hospital outpatient surgery had worn off. I thought he was going to pass out when we crossed the railroad tracks in Powder Springs. So, I had to go back two hours later, literally minutes before they shut down the pharmacy for the night to get the prescription. I felt so sorry for him for having to endure that pain.

The Kroger at Crossroads has always been fast. Never had any complaints. Had to use the one at 61/278 once. Will never use it again they were terrible.

If you sit in the drive thru of anywhere for any extended amount of time, you're an asshole.

Drop your crap off and come back to pick it up. You're not the only sick person in the world.

If you're in your pajamas, fine. Go park and stay in your vehicle. Clogging up the window is selfish.

• Like 2

If you sit in the drive thru of anywhere for any extended amount of time, you're an asshole.

Drop your crap off and come back to pick it up. You're not the only sick person in the world.

If you're in your pajamas, fine. Go park and stay in your vehicle. Clogging up the window is selfish.

PREACH!

Amen!

I started using CVS on Due West Road years ago and loved it--they knew my name, the main pharmacist knew me on sight and had my script already out when I walked in the door, and once my husband called to ask if "my wife's medicine is ready" and the pharmacist recognized his voice and asked how I was doing without my husband having to identify himself or me. I switched to a CVS in Marietta and they were getting to know my on sight and then moved out here, and the trend has stopped. The CVS in Dallas is sooooo busy and there's not the same level of personalized service that I had grown accustomed to with the other locations. It's two stores combined (Hiram and Dallas), and while it's nice and big, it's too busy.

Yes, the drive-thru is only to drop off a script for LATER pickup or to pick up one that you know is ready to go. That being said, I've always had a lengthy wait even under those conditions. At least they've opened both lanes to full-service needs.

I started using CVS on Due West Road years ago and loved it--they knew my name, the main pharmacist knew me on sight and had my script already out when I walked in the door, and once my husband called to ask if "my wife's medicine is ready" and the pharmacist recognized his voice and asked how I was doing without my husband having to identify himself or me. I switched to a CVS in Marietta and they were getting to know my on sight and then moved out here, and the trend has stopped. The CVS in Dallas is sooooo busy and there's not the same level of personalized service that I had grown accustomed to with the other locations. It's two stores combined (Hiram and Dallas), and while it's nice and big, it's too busy.

Yes, the drive-thru is only to drop off a script for LATER pickup or to pick up one that you know is ready to go. That being said, I've always had a lengthy wait even under those conditions. At least they've opened both lanes to full-service needs.

But still one clerk for both lanes.

They made some kind of personnel change in that store back around Aug/Sept 2012. It hasnt been the same since then.