Paulding.com

What the crap does everyone else do

Because I am the helping kind of guy, I am willing to pick and choose and take a bunch of your food home with me.

That is just the kind of person I am, always thinking of others.

My mother gets ride of her leftovers by making "doggie" bags for everyone.

Eating the food she gives you is optional, taking the food with you is not. :)

• Like 1

Fortunately in this kind of weather, you can store it outside in a cooler or in the garage. I pick and choose what goes outside (drinks, etc.) and food in fridgel

And I freeze things. I even save the carcass and the pan drippings, skin, etc. for wonderful soups and broths later.

Y'all wear pants when you eat on turkey day?

Dang, y'all are fancy!

We eat at the fancy dining table with the sides that don't let your plate slide off and them fancy passing sticks. But only on very special ocasions.

Speaking of the BH, is it just me or has anyone else every noticed how small their kitchen was for a mansion in Beverly Hills.

We eat at the fancy dining table with the sides that don't let your plate slide off and them fancy passing sticks. But only on very special ocasions.

Speaking of the BH, is it just me or has anyone else every noticed how small their kitchen was for a mansion in Beverly Hills.

It's called a Billyyard table.

Here is what a Billyyard looks like:

black-rhino_468_600x450.jpg

About their leftovers????

We fed five adults and two children. We have enough food leftover to feed at least ten more grown men.

There's no way my refrigerator will hold all of this. Unless I get extremely creative.

make dishes out of left overs and freeze them ....after they been in freezer all winter ...toss them JK really you can freeze some dishes

Depending on how long the turkey sat at room temperature, the left overs should be quickly consumed or further cooked/frozen.

I pull the meat off the bones, and segregate. Bones go for soup stock. Right then, or later, depending on what you have bone wise in the freezer. I am doing stock today. The bones from the 2 turkeys, plus what I had in the freezer from previous turkeys bones frozen, I have enought to fill my 12 gallon stock pot.

I will then make a big batch of gravy from the remaining fat, flour, and giblet stock, and maybe some of the stock I am cooking if it is done enought, and I chop the turkey into relatively small pieces, mix with gravy, and freeze in Seal-a-meal bags or chinese quart soup containers for Pot Pie filling.

Thaw, add julienned carrot and onion and celery, a can of peas, and the frozen pot pie mixture. Heavy on the gravy. Bake a pie crust, add the mixuture, cover with a pie crust and bake. A 30 minute dinner to die for.

Some of the sliced white meat I might freeze in some broth/stock for sandwiches.

But it is all eaten, or forzen, with in 48 hours.

And for those that forgot last night, if you had raw turkey in the sink, please, please, make sure you scour the sink well with good hot water and soap.

Surepip. I don't profess to be the culinary master that you are. The turkey carcass got fed to the coyotes, possums, raccoons, and other various and assorted wildlife creatures that travel through our yard. I don't eat food with bones in it, so, boiling body parts to make stock is absolutely out of the question. That crap is cheap as hell to buy at the grocery store.

Baking pie crusts is also not worth my while. Even being so recently unemployed, I'll spring for store bought.

My question was more about dealing with the sheer volume of leftovers versus very limited storage space.

Thankfully I discovered a stash of clean, empty butter runs with matching lids, and am a genius at Tetris.

Problem solved!!!

• Like 1

Surepip. I don't profess to be the culinary master that you are. The turkey carcass got fed to the coyotes, possums, raccoons, and other various and assorted wildlife creatures that travel through our yard. I don't eat food with bones in it, so, boiling body parts to make stock is absolutely out of the question. That crap is cheap as hell to buy at the grocery store.

Baking pie crusts is also not worth my while. Even being so recently unemployed, I'll spring for store bought.

My question was more about dealing with the sheer volume of leftovers versus very limited storage space.

Thankfully I discovered a stash of clean, empty butter runs with matching lids, and am a genius at Tetris.

Problem solved!!!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Genius!!