Paulding.com

suggestions or advice

After 3 incredibly hard years my family and I will have a home again. We found a place that offers us a new beginning. Now the BUT - it has been vacant for about three years and of course thieves vandalized some of the pipes. The gas cant be turned on until it is checked out and the water cant be turned on until it is also checked out. We have to get the power on to be sure all of it is correct as well. It had power when we looked at it, but has been cut off until it is put in my name.

I am hoping I can find someone to check and repair at a reasonable cost. I am on a fixed income and want someone that will be honest and not take advantage of someone that doesn't know anything about fixing things. We have been allowed to remain where we are until we get the necessities taken care of but have to be proactive in getting moved. I would like to find someone that would appreciate the work during these hard times, but is also equipped to do it. Generally folks in P.com know where to look so I am asking here first.

After 3 incredibly hard years my family and I will have a home again. We found a place that offers us a new beginning. Now the BUT - it has been vacant for about three years and of course thieves vandalized some of the pipes. The gas cant be turned on until it is checked out and the water cant be turned on until it is also checked out. We have to get the power on to be sure all of it is correct as well. It had power when we looked at it, but has been cut off until it is put in my name.

I am hoping I can find someone to check and repair at a reasonable cost. I am on a fixed income and want someone that will be honest and not take advantage of someone that doesn't know anything about fixing things. We have been allowed to remain where we are until we get the necessities taken care of but have to be proactive in getting moved. I would like to find someone that would appreciate the work during these hard times, but is also equipped to do it. Generally folks in P.com know where to look so I am asking here first.

Did you purchase the home or is it a rental? If it's a rental, the landlord should take care of these things. If I'm not mistaken a home has to be habitable in order to rent it out and no gas and no water don't fit that bill. If you purchased it, I'm sure that there will be recommendations and help coming from Pcommers.

Congratulations on getting a new place to live and getting back on your feet!

I am thinking the plumber checked my gas line when we moved in. If so a plumber could do both.