Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Lady Raider

when do you start defrosting your turkey

I will put mine in the extra frig on Sunday morning it is just a 10# turkey... when will you get yours out?

Lowrider I know you use the bath tub for your turkey

I took mine out on Thanksgiving morning a few years back....then put in hot water ...can you say DRY.....

Last year mine was still partially frozen on Wednesday, but putting it in brine for the last 24 hours helped it finish thawing.

We bought ours at Publix last night and put it in the bottom of the frig, I forgot one small detail,........ we will be cooking it on Saturday morning. :blush: :blush: Oh well, hubby put it water and it's defrosting, now.

I listened to the Trucking network the other night and they said they called Butterball and it is recommended to cook the Turkey within 1 to 2 days at the most after it is defrosted.

I buy mine already cooked! LOL

your not gonna cook a good homemade dinner for your little family this year? your daughters first thanksgiving? come on now.... :pardon:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has trouble with this. Won't have to worry about it this year since I won't have any money until Wednesday to even buy one. Wonder if I could still find a fresh one Wednesday. I guess I could brine it for 24 hours - maybe that would work.