Paulding.com

61 accident

saw a F/B post - they had called a LEO that was off today in to help work it - all it said was very bad - possible fatality - I have a friend that goes that way every morning to feed their livestock - and they werent answering their phone. Usually P.com has info - thank you Mrs G for responding - I dont have the Nixie thing on my phone.

I saw 2 wreckers going down Hiram Sudie a while ago--headed in that direction. One was a roll back and the other was a big wrecker--like used to get a dump truck (or any other big truck). They were both the same company, so I just assumed that they were headed to a wreck.

Went by there, earlier today, on my way to Villa Rica -- was detoured off from 61 -- one of the guys (DOT I think) was directing traffic, told me a lady had lost control of her car, and it was fatal....I could see the ambulance from where I was at, with stretcher out -- and it appeared to have a body on it, covered in a white sheet....Prayers...

Someone on FB was asking about it as well and said it was a lady with two kids. The lady was thrown from the vehicle but the kids were buckled in. Of course I don't want that to be taken as word that is what happened just what I had seen posted earlier. Pray for the family.

From what I have been told, there was a car accident, female driver deceased; three children in the car were "ok". This happened this morning near the New Ga Ballfields on Hwy 61. Praying for this family.

Edited by firehouse

This is my oldest Daughters, ex-sister-n-law. I'm NOT sure how many children she actually had but, actually it's my daughters husbands, brothers, ex. I'm not sure if they were ever married, but they did have 1 child together, a daughter. Is this making sense??

Will you PM me her name? I'm praying for this family, please let me know if you happen to hear of anything we can do to help the children? Stories like this break my heart- they were probably off to an ordinary day & life as they know it will never be the same. Extra grateful for my family today!

Will you PM me her name? I'm praying for this family, please let me know if you happen to hear of anything we can do to help the children? Stories like this break my heart- they were probably off to an ordinary day & life as they know it will never be the same. Extra grateful for my family today!

Yes, sending you a pm, you are oh so right.

People PLEASE, wear your seat belts!!!! AND always make sure your babies, no matter how young/old they are, make sure thye are buckled up and strapped/latched down GOOD!! I'm just glad the children didn't get hurt!!

Her name is Casey Schneider....this sweet young lady was my next door neighbor...we didnt' talk often but our little girls played together almost every day. Her family is devastated. She worked at Grands in the evening by Ingles to provide some extra income to the family. Her common law husband is beside himself. They had one little girl together (Abby, about 2). Lily was her other daughter from a previous marriage. She played quite often in my home and back yard with my little girl. Casey didn't have life insurance. Her viewing is Wednesday and funeral is Thursday at 2 pm. A Funeral Service will be held 2:00 pm Thursday at Mayes Ward-Dobbins Funeral Home and Crematory in Marietta with Rev. Mark Erion officiating. Interment will be in Kennesaw Memorial Park in Marietta. Family will receive friends 6:00 ' 8:00 pm Wednesday at the funeral home.

What I do know from her husband...she dropped him off at work. Left to take the kids to school and was driving South on 61. The hood of her vehicle flew opened and she couldn't see. Apparently, she wasn't wearing her seatbelt (which her hubby said he "stayed on her" about that) and was ejected from the vehicle when it hit the ditch. The vehicle then proceeded to roll three times, landing on her. Lily and Abby were okay...devastated and scared...but physically they were protected by a mothers love and some guardian angels! Lily is now living with her Daddy and Abby is visiting with Casey's parents. Folks, in the blink of an eye we are called home.

Please pray for this family, especially those sweet little girls that look JUST LIKE CASEY! It has impacted the neighborhood kids also. We're still at a loss for words. Brian could use your prayers as he adjusts to doing everything for Abby. Casey helped him a lot with his two boys. Casey took care of her family everyday. She stayed home with the baby while Brian worked, then would when he came home, she would go to work. She loved her kids and being a mom.

My heart is broken for them. If you don't have a relationship with the Lord, I invite you to come to New Season Church on Sundays...either 9:30 or 11:15 am. We would love to help introduce you to Him. We never know when we may be meeting him.

Tara

Edited by Tara V
  • Like 6