Paulding.com

Wooo hooo next week Turkeys $.59 per lb,

What brand?

I need to come see you one day with a donation. Will you be buying for your families?

Publix brand. I have used their brand turkeys since they have been open at this location. It's easier for me to just buy our turkey there, the Saturday before turkey day since I don't have enough of freezer space. They are just as good as any other brand!!! They key to a good turkey is how you cook and baste it!!! I use a Turkey Roaster, that sits on top of the counter. This frees up my oven for the different pies (egg custard and sweet potato), cakes (carrot and a cream cheese danish), dinner rolls, mac-n-cheese, sweet potato souffle, dressing and so on. Dang that's a LOT of food, huh??

Publix brand. I have used their brand turkeys since they have been open at this location. It's easier for me to just buy our turkey there, the Saturday before turkey day since I don't have enough of freezer space. They are just as good as any other brand!!! They key to a good turkey is how you cook and baste it!!! I use a Turkey Roaster, that sits on top of the counter. This frees up my oven for the different pies (egg custard and sweet potato), cakes (carrot and a cream cheese danish), dinner rolls, mac-n-cheese, sweet potato souffle, dressing and so on. Dang that's a LOT of food, huh??

I do the same thing. I cook my turkey in the electric roaster so my oven is free for other food that needs to be baked. I cook the turkey in the roaster until the timer pops up and then I throw it in the oven for about 15-20 minutes to brown it. Turns out perfect every year! :yahoo:

I think they are only that price for the first 2 you buy. After that, they are $1.09 a pound. But hey--just go there several times a day and get 2 at a time--right???

I have been buying Butterball Turkeys at Aldi for a good price. And they have a brand of honey glazed ham that they put on sale at holidays that is also really good. Haven't been able to beat their sale prices yet.

No freezer space, is our problem. We need to be eating meats out of the freezer "before" we (I) buy more meats. We have a few, and yes, I mean a few pork shoulders/Boston Butts and I just need to clean out the freezer. Since we have been going to Patak Mets(a couple of months) we kind of just eat the meats we buy from there. OMG, their meats are Awesome!!!! The smoked turkey breast I get it sliced for sandwiches, the marinated pork steaks and the 1" thick cut smoked pork chops is to die for!

Butterball probably has the #1 Brand recognition. And they are a big producer. I have read on some of the poultry blogs that for some yet to be determined reason, they are going to have a shortage of their larger FRESH turkeys. These guys are still at the farms now, and will be until Thanksgiving week, but they are not gaining weight properly for ???? who knows why.

Publix is buying some ones turkey, and they are putting them in Publix bags,

Could be:

House of Raeford

Carolina

Tar Heel

Prestage Farms

Jennie-O

The Turkey Store

Coopers

Perdue

Cargill

Norbest

Jaindels

Willmar

Foster and Zacky Farms in California

And 4 or 5 Co-ops in North Carolina, The Shenandoah Valley, Wisconson Dakotas, etc.

I will be one happy girl!!!!

Are you collecting money or food? I would like to contribute. I'll drop one or the other by this weekend.

Have you chosen your families already this year? I plan to help out a single mom with three kids that just lost her job.

Oh, I have a spare fridge/freezer in my garage (it is for sale) but I can help you store the turkeys if you need some extra space. You're welcome to the garage code :)

The one at 92 and Brownsville was .45 on Thursday

I will check them out, Thank You

Are you collecting money or food? I would like to contribute. I'll drop one or the other by this weekend.

Have you chosen your families already this year? I plan to help out a single mom with three kids that just lost her job.

Oh, I have a spare fridge/freezer in my garage (it is for sale) but I can help you store the turkeys if you need some extra space. You're welcome to the garage code :)

sending you a pm