Paulding.com

Paving on Bakers Bridge RD

Hello,

Has anyone drove on Bakers Bridge RD where the roads are getting paved? I think the road was smoother before they started this project. The new pavement is thin and has bad places in it. I hope that this is not the finished product cause if it is the county got screwed!

Tim

Hello,

Has anyone drove on Bakers Bridge RD where the roads are getting paved? I think the road was smoother before they started this project. The new pavement is thin and has bad places in it. I hope that this is not the finished product cause if it is the county got screwed!

Tim

Bobo is being paved too.

The base coat was very thin and had old paving showing thru.

The top coat is smoother but does not ride as good as the new paving on 120 / Dallas Highway in Cobb County.

The first course on a repaving such as you describe is a leveling course. It's designed too take out highs and lows. There will be roughness at the transitions, the more uneven the original surface, the more tansitions, the rougher the leveling feels.

The friction course (riding surface) of the repave will normally have to meet a roughness index target. That target is lower on interstates than state routes, and the requirement loosens as you move down the infrastructure hierarchy.

As of recently, roads repaved on projects funded by programs such as LARP (basically any program in which state money is funneled down to the local government for use in their repaving program) do not have to meet a roughness target at all.

Hello,

Tim

They aren't finished yet. Think of it in terms of a manicure. You get one base coat, two coats of polish and a top coat. There are more layers yet to come on Bakers Bridge. I have noticed however that the traffic light in front of Bridgewater is operating differently now causing traffic to back up.

They aren't finished yet. Think of it in terms of a manicure.

Golly SusieQ, men don't know anything about manicures. I do know that when Aunt Bee makes apple pie, she puts a layer of crust in the pan, then pours in a layer of the good stuff, then covers it with another layer of crust. Is paving the road something like that?