Paulding.com

So it's over...deal reached

Didn't read the article but I will sure be glad not to have to listen to all those deadbeat politicians whining about who is to blame when in reality it's every damn one of them.

I hope every last one gets their ass handed to them in the next election popularity contest.

• Like 6

Still has to go through the House with it's Mad Hatter tea party.

You dont like the Tea Party? I dont get it. Washington D.C. is the slimiest town in America and the richest town in America. Politicians go to Washington and stay in Washington D.C. when they get voted out. Know why? Well Trent Lott told a New York times reported "It's where the Money is". Harry Truman left Washington D.C. after his Presidential term and drove home with no secret service because he wanted to see the new highway. Bill Clinton made over 100 million since he left office making speeches. And the Tea Party is wanting to take Washington D.C. back to those days when the money was spent by the people for the people within budget and drain the swamp. How can you be against that?

• Like 2

Didn't read the article but I will sure be glad not to have to listen to all those deadbeat politicians whining about who is to blame when in reality it's every damn one of them.

I hope every last one gets their ass handed to them in the next election popularity contest.

I agree 100%!!!! Both sides are to blame for this mess. They're in a pissing match with each other and don't give a hoot about the American citizens who were stuck in the middle of it!! Vote 'em all out!!!! :clapping:

• Like 1

I agree 100%!!!! Both sides are to blame for this mess. They're in a pissing match with each other and don't give a hoot about the American citizens who were stuck in the middle of it!! Vote 'em all out!!!! :clapping:

Government is too big, I am glad 17% of it is shutdown. The only Constitutional Agencies of the Federal Government are the military, treasury and the offices that administer Congress and the White House. The rest is nothing more than growth like a big fat tumor..

• Like 1

Government is too big, I am glad 17% of it is shutdown. The only Constitutional Agencies of the Federal Government are the military, treasury and the offices that administer Congress and the White House. The rest is nothing more than growth like a big fat tumor..

Personally, I'm glad it happened too. It clearly proves that the checks and balances that were put in place actually work.

• Like 1

You dont like the Tea Party? I dont get it. Washington D.C. is the slimiest town in America and the richest town in America. Politicians go to Washington and stay in Washington D.C. when they get voted out. Know why? Well Trent Lott told a New York times reported "It's where the Money is". Harry Truman left Washington D.C. after his Presidential term and drove home with no secret service because he wanted to see the new highway. Bill Clinton made over 100 million since he left office making speeches. And the Tea Party is wanting to take Washington D.C. back to those days when the money was spent by the people for the people within budget and drain the swamp. How can you be against that?

I don't like idiots. I don't like a hand full of anarchist dragging the country thru the dirt and to the brink of a financial disaster over a law they knew they had no chance of overturning just to play to their audience back home.

Edited by CitizenCain
  • Like 5

The President wanted the government shut down and planned for it.

Anyone who has worked with the government knows that it takes months to get requisitions, bidding, awarding contracts, etc. through the government procurement process.

In less than 8 hours after the shutdown, they had professionally printed, 3' x 4' signs all over the country by the thousands, saying something about the facility being closed due to the government shutdown.

These were not signs from 17 years ago. These were new signs, designed, made to specifications, requisitions processed, bids posted and vetted, and contracts awarded.

The materials were then ordered, signs manufactured, and sent all over the country. This was well planned months ago.

Millions of tax dollars were appropriated for this process. The paper trail leads directly to the White House.

• Like 9

Anyone who has worked with the government knows that it takes months to get requisitions, bidding, awarding contracts, etc. through the government procurement process.

In less than 8 hours after the shutdown, they had professionally printed, 3' x 4' signs all over the country by the thousands, saying something about the facility being closed due to the government shutdown.

These were not signs from 17 years ago. These were new signs, designed, made to specifications, requisitions processed, bids posted and vetted, and contracts awarded.

The materials were then ordered, signs manufactured, and sent all over the country. This was well planned months ago.

Millions of tax dollars were appropriated for this process. The paper trail leads directly to the White House.

I can get a sign printed at Kinkos in about an hour, maybe they went to Kinkos. Or maybe they had them from the last time Boner and his band of bandits pulled this stunt last year.

* Either way it was it was the Republicans that called the shots and decided not to fund the government, not the President.....unless Ted Cruz is a secret agent planted by those dieabolical Democrats.

Edited by CitizenCain
  • Like 1

Our President is a dufus with no leadership skills who is surrounded by great statesmen like Pelosi and Reid.

Edited by PowderSpringsDad

Our President is a dufus with no leadership skills who is surrounded by great statesmen like Pelosi and Reid.

The president is a dufus? John Boehner had a better deal agreed to in principle this past summer but let Ted Cruz and the Tea Party run him over. Now look what you're stuck with....GOP approval numbers the lowest of any party in polling history, basically nothing done to Obamacare, party infighting, and no decrease in spending beyond the sequester. It was an abject failure of epic proportions.

What's funny is that folks will complain about Obama/Pelosi/Reid pushing this through when, in fact, the blame lies solely on the Tea Party for killing any and all leverage they ever had. Ted Cruz just did a number on the conservative movement but some folks just don't want to see it. Read Krauthammer's take on Ted Cruz...or is he just a RINO?

mrnn

• Like 6

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clapping: :drinks: :good:

• Like 1

It's not "every damn one of them". This false equivalency is the same thing the media does.

You have two guys in prison. One is a pederast rapist and the other got caught with a couple ounces of weed. Would you say that they're equal nuisances to the public because they're both criminals?

The dems are no saints. The moderate wing of the GOP are no saints. But neither of them are anywhere near as culpable for the absolute madness going on in DC as the Tea Party.

mrnn

• Like 4

The president is a dufus? John Boehner had a better deal agreed to in principle this past summer but let Ted Cruz and the Tea Party run him over. Now look what you're stuck with....GOP approval numbers the lowest of any party in polling history, basically nothing done to Obamacare, party infighting, and no decrease in spending beyond the sequester. It was an abject failure of epic proportions.

What's funny is that folks will complain about Obama/Pelosi/Reid pushing this through when, in fact, the blame lies solely on the Tea Party for killing any and all leverage they ever had. Ted Cruz just did a number on the conservative movement but some folks just don't want to see it. Read Krauthammer's take on Ted Cruz...or is he just a RINO?

mrnn

Hate it, but I agree with you.

Gawd, what a laughing stock, all of them.

The Tea party lost me over pelvic politics. When companies providing insurance start complaining about providing drugs for erectile dysfunction I will see the point of it.

I don't agree with everything that goes on in the capital, I think good leadership is getting harder and harder to find..

This shutdown has to end NOW.

The wife's son got furloughed this week.

Now is the time for the government to get back to work!

Before the son returns home to mama.

Darn stradial - you must have a lot of pull. :) Desperate times call for desperate measures huh? :lol:

Darn stradial - you must have a lot of pull. :) Desperate times call for desperate measures huh? :lol:

Dang right I do!

He is a good kid, but he eats the last of the treats and drinks the last of the root beer.

Some things cannot be tolerated!

(and since momma is there, my objections are overruled)

(well....overruled is not exactly correct....more like ignored)

I don't like idiots. I don't like a hand full of anarchist dragging the country thru the dirt and to the brink of a financial disaster over a law they knew they had no chance of overturning just to play to their audience back home.

I don't like our CONGRESS either.

So there were NO winners. We shut down the gov't, cost middle class folks jobs, cost business loans, pushed back hiring for what? NADA. ZIP. ZILCH. Unless you consider political grandstanding by BOTH parites worth something. Then you factor in we still have Obamacare on the table which no matter your politics is a nice warm fuzzy feeling but mathmatically impossiable to pull off AND you have essentially opened up a credit card for 6 months to live off of only increasing debit we already can't pay. HIP HIP HORRAY. F'n morons.

• Like 1

So there were NO winners. We shut down the gov't, cost middle class folks jobs, cost business loans, pushed back hiring for what? NADA. ZIP. ZILCH. Unless you consider political grandstanding by BOTH parites worth something. Then you factor in we still have Obamacare on the table which no matter your politics is a nice warm fuzzy feeling but mathmatically impossiable to pull off AND you have essentially opened up a credit card for 6 months to live off of only increasing debit we already can't pay. HIP HIP HORRAY. F'n morons.

5,000 American people sees it like this, anyway, G B!

Hel, if more had been asked they would have seen it like this, too!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QPKKQnijnsM

40% of us actually do not count, but Romney thought it was 48% of us who should not count.

Edited by The Postman

Well, then you are just going to love Obamacare's results along with the Debt that will go to your children and your children's children. Its all smooth sailing from here. Good luck.

How many jobs have been lost due to Obamacare? Did you factor that in?

The Tea party lost me over pelvic politics. When companies providing insurance start complaining about providing drugs for erectile dysfunction I will see the point of it.

I don't agree with everything that goes on in the capital, I think good leadership is getting harder and harder to find..

Since when does the Federal Government Constitutionally have the right to endulge in any health care matters? The only reason SCOTUS said it was constitutional is based on the premise that its a tax.

You must have been listening to Obama. He likes to blame the bad economy on the Republicans. He is to blame and he needs to own it.

You must have been listening to Obama. He likes to blame the bad economy on the Republicans. He is to blame and he needs to own it.

Obama has been spiking the football today making an A$$ out of himself. Wait till Obamacare kicks in and the rest of the country understands why this fight was necessary. Also Obama was complaining about the money lost. The only money lost was in Washington D.C. and God knows they dont need anymore money, that place is loaded.

You all do know that the Constitution requires that the full faith and credit of the United States has to be upheld without question, right? This is what Ted Cruz was attempting to leverage - the full faith and credit. He was willing to have our country default on bills already rung up by Congress, even though doing so would violate a Constitutional mandate. Marco Rubio, Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Phil Gingrey and a host of other Tea Party types all voted to default on our obligations. Consider that a default would have cost our nation trillions in interest rate hikes that would have resulted from a downgrade. Let's put this in perspective: If Senator Cruz had been successful he would have cost our country tens of trillions, the decimation of the value of the dollar, the absolute destruction of the ecomomy, our place as a world financial leader -- all, according to Cruz -- in the name of fiscal responsibility! You see it's not responsibility he's concerned with, it's power.

Consider that the money spent on fighting universal healthcare could have been used for -- universal healthcare! When you look at it that way, you see that Cruz isn't interested in folks. He has no plan for the way things should be - He just wants to have the power taken from others and bestowed upon him. There's absolutely no regard for the damage that he did this time or for future collateral damage done to citizens, due to his anti-establishment tactics.

Why would anyone elect someone to Congress to do the business of the people, only for him to shut down the government he was hired to help run and to try to defund it and default on its obligations, in violation of the Constitution that he swore he'd uphold?

• Like 3

You all do know that the Constitution requires that the full faith and credit of the United States has to be upheld without question, right? This is what Ted Cruz was attempting to leverage - the full faith and credit. He was willing to have our country default on bills already rung up by Congress, even though doing so would violate a Constitutional mandate. Marco Rubio, Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Phil Gingrey and a host of other Tea Party types all voted to default on our obligations. Consider that a default would have cost our nation trillions in interest rate hikes that would have resulted from a downgrade. Let's put this in perspective: If Senator Cruz had been successful he would have cost our country tens of trillions, the decimation of the value of the dollar, the absolute destruction of the ecomomy, our place as a world financial leader -- all, according to Cruz -- in the name of fiscal responsibility! You see it's not responsibility he's concerned with, it's power.

Consider that the money spent on fighting universal healthcare could have been used for -- universal healthcare! When you look at it that way, you see that Cruz isn't interested in folks. He has no plan for the way things should be - He just wants to have the power taken from others and bestowed upon him. There's absolutely no regard for the damage that he did this time or for future collateral damage done to citizens, due to his anti-establishment tactics.

Why would anyone elect someone to Congress to do the business of the people, only for him to shut down the government he was hired to help run and to try to defund it and default on its obligations, in violation of the Constitution that he swore he'd uphold?

you did when I copied it.

pubby

I do not like Ted Cruz.

I do not like him when I snooze.

I do not like him when I booze.

I would only like for him to lose. I do not like Ted Cruz.

Sen. Ted Cruz's hometown paper yanks support

The Houston Chronicle, in a scathing editorial, rescinded its endorsement of the firebrand pol, who it had backed during his 2012 election to the U.S. Senate.

Read more: http://www.nydailyne...4#ixzz2i5kkbDRZ

Edited by CitizenCain

:blink:

Ummmmmmno.

BTW, who you voting for up in KY, McConnell or Bevin?

mrnn

Bevin.

I do not like Ted Cruz.

I do not like him when I snooze.

I do not like him when I booze.

I would only like for him to lose. I do not like Ted Cruz.

Sen. Ted Cruz's hometown paper yanks support

The Houston Chronicle, in a scathing editorial, rescinded its endorsement of the firebrand pol, who it had backed during his 2012 election to the U.S. Senate.

Read more: http://www.nydailyne...4#ixzz2i5kkbDRZ

\

The Houston Chronicle is a left winged rag. Big deal.

:blink:

Ummmmmmno.

BTW, who you voting for up in KY, McConnell or Bevin?

mrnn

No? Meaning you dont think Washington D.C. has your money leaking all over the beltway?

Edited by DiehardKy