Paulding.com

Paving on bobo

Someone was honking behind us Friday night like we had a choice to not sit there. Is it just me, or did they make that road terrible to drive on?

Why on earth do people do that when there is an obvious reason for a slow down? Especially, when people are working in the middle of the road. The kicker is, is that many more people would be waaay more upset if this was going on during the day when people were trying to get to or from work or school. While it's been inconvenient and it's made Hubby get home later than usual twice, it's better to be done in the middle of the night and it's not like it's going to last forever.

I always wonder why the guy who's honking believes that his time is more important than anyone elses.

When I went down it Monday (I don't know if they completely paved it now) but they paved it like a patch job. I was hoping they wouldn't leave it that way.

I'm sorry for those that live on that Rd and not getting any sleep.

They are probably just leveling right now. This is done so the final paving work will last longer and not get so many potholes and cracks. They will come back and make it all smooth and pretty.

Yes they are also doing Pace Road and it is been rough. The asphalt smell at night is rough.

My husband has worked in the paving business for the past 27 years. When our son was little, we would be driving somewhere and smell new asphalt. My husband would ask my son "what't that smell?" and my son would say "Money!!!!!!!"