Paulding.com

Bikers attack family in SUV

This is just crazy! I hate when motorcyclist think they own the road. I feel bad for the little girl in the car.

Biker charged in SUV chase, attack caught on video

New York City police have arrested one motorcyclist and are looking for two more in connection with a high-speed chase --- caught on video — and beating involving a band of motorcyclists and a man in an SUV with his wife and 2-year-old daughter, the Daily News reports.

The New York tabloid says Christopher Cruz, 28, was arrested and charged with reckless endangerment, menacing, reckless driving and acting in a manner injurious to a child less than 17. The Daily News says police are looking for two more bikers for allegedly pulling Lien from his vehicle and beating him.

Article here

Wow, that's awful. Poor little girl, she'll never forget that. :(

I would have been terrified myself. What's wrong with people? The rhetorical question, I know.

He hit at least 2 bikers. Will he face charges for that?

Doubt it. Who's going to find him guilty? He was trying to protect his family. Those men ganged up on him, beat him senseless and left him on the ground while his wife and daughter had to stand there and watch. When you purposely make people feel unsafe and threatened, people usually react to that.

• Like 2

He hit at least 2 bikers. Will he face charges for that?

I would hope not. Should have hit about 28 more. Personally feel that motorcyclists which engage in terroristic behavior or car drivers whom do so when operating their vehicles should never get the ability to drive again. You commit a felony and lose certain " unalienable rights" then a comparable punishment should be in place, goes for all those DUI drivers also.

• Like 1

I heard on one of the news channels earlier today that the bikers had about 200 complaints called in before this incident happened. I read somewhere else online that some of the bikers did not have tags on their bikes, so police are having a had time identifying all the riders. Not sure how much of that is true, since information comes out quickly and then is retracted. Hopefully, there will be more evidence to come and eyewitnesses that will help in this case.

Not sure how much of that is true, since information comes out quickly and then is retracted. Hopefully, there will be more evidence to come and eyewitnesses that will help in this case.

That is so true. Yesterday it was reported that a black SUV ran over a bunch of bikers.

See, that's when a 30 round mag is needed.

Get rid of a few bad men.

I can assure you, had it been me in that vehicle, the instant that helmet hit the window, there would have been shots fired

and there would have been at least one dead biker.

Afterwards, I would have been in reverse ensuring that I did not stay in that one spot.

I would remove my family from that situation at ANY cost.

As a motorcyclist, people like this piss me off... this is the reason mothers huddle their children close

when a motorcyclists rides by... These assholes give the rest of us a bad name.

Edited by NITR0
  • Like 3

I can assure you, had it been me in that vehicle, the instant that helmet hit the window, there would have been shots fired

Afterwards, I would have been in reverse ensuring that I did not stay in that one spot.

As a motorcyclist, people like this piss me off... this is the reason mothers huddle their children close

I'm with you. I have no issue with running them over either.

I wish some of these wannabees would run into some real bikers.

And maybe vile friends and fellow 'bikers' would think twice before doing this to another family. I see now why Hubby has a loaded gun by his seat whenever he's in the car.

The news reported that one of the motorcyclist stopped short, causing the SUV to barely hit the asshat on the motorcycle . I hope the LE catches the thugs, or better yet, some real bikers catch them and give the thugs a lesson they will never forget.

I don't really care the reason you came at me with your car, texting, playing with the radio, taking care of the kids, spilled your drink, just not seeing the biker, if you come at me and threaten my life, I will react. I know riders that carry and I know riders that have pulled their weapon after they were threatened by someone in a car. This is a video, not a TV show, it doesn't start at the beginning and end at the end. At around 20 seconds of the video the rider who gets bumped is already at the window of the SUV getting in the guys face. Why? They say the group was trying to stop traffic to do stunts, they don't stop or even try to stop the white Ford van, they don't all ride to the front of the group once stopped to do burnouts, they all stop around that SUV. Most, especially those in the front, wouldn't have seen the SUV bump the bike so they didn't know that it happened. And they were already in the act of stopping so they didn't stop because of the contact seen in the video. Something happened before the helmet cam was turned on.

In heavy traffic on I-95 outside Miami I had a guy come up a ramp, look me straight in the face and come into my lane running me almost under an 18 wheeler. I'm supposed to sprout wings out my butt? I don't have rights to my lane? If I was carrying I'd have perforated that guys sheet metal not caring if I hit the driver. 8 of us coming across I 20 and a Jaguar actually hit a friends foot because that DeKalb County nit-wit was cutting in and out of traffic with no regard for anyone else on the road. We called the cops but there was nothing they would do even with the license plate number we had. I've been pushed up against concrete medians, shoved out of lanes, cut off, had cars take an off ramp from two lanes out, people who don't signal, people that just stop in the road....and it's almost as bad when I'm in my car. Far too many people these days think that what THEY are doing is more important than anyone else in the world.

I don't condone chasing someone down and pulling them from their vehicle to apply an a$$woop'n, that was wrong as they should have just held him till the cops got there. In fact I preach to other riders that if someone does something to get you real angry, you need to do a quick gut-check and get over it because that anger can put you into another situation that you don't see coming and you'll get hurt. Appears to be what happened here.

Your damn straight. I would do the same thing, and I mean ANYTHING as would my husband if he were riding with us at the time. There are lots of times where I'm running the kids to different activities and it's just me and the kids. This story makes me want to start carrying. Mess with me, bad enough. Mess with my kids and the claws will come out immediately.

• Like 1

Apparently there is a Facebook page for the guy that got run over by the range rover. Justice For Jay Meezee

I feel bad for this guy and that he was caught in a bad situation. But unfortunately the irresponsible actions of him and his friends is what caused this. I'm sorry but no justice is necessary nor should it be granted. He got what he deserved, there's the justice!

I'm also hearing this guy didn't even have a valid drivers license.

Apparently there is a Facebook page for the guy that got run over by the range rover. Justice For Jay Meezee

I feel bad for this guy and that he was caught in a bad situation. But unfortunately the irresponsible actions of him and his friends is what caused this. I'm sorry but no justice is necessary nor should it be granted. He got what he deserved, there's the justice!

I'm also hearing this guy didn't even have a valid drivers license.

Um, yeah they may want to take that page down.... it doesn't seem to be helping them much.... :huh:

• Like 1

Hubby and I were talking about this this morning and the fact that there is a loaded gun in our car at all times. I know for a fact that neither of us would hesitate to take someone out who was threatening our family in our vehicle. But the part that bothers me the most about that is that someone elses violent and bad behavior could turn one of us into a killer. Not a murderer, but a killer, and we'd have to live with that for the rest of our lives. Violent criminals suck.

Edited by momof 3
  • Like 1

That is so true. Yesterday it was reported that a black SUV ran over a bunch of bikers.

I meant the part about the lack of license plates and the number of complaints, not sure if that is all true. I know the guy ran over the bikers is true, I watched the video. It's crazy and sad all at the same time.

But the part that bothers me the most about that is that someone elses violent and bad behavior could turn one of us into a killer. Not a murderer, but a killer, and we'd have to live with that for the rest of our lives. Violent criminals suck.

Yep!

You are absolutely correct. Big talk is easy, but once that bullet leaves the gun, it doesn't come back

and after the fact, once reality sets in and you realize what happened, it will take it's toll.

I have had to draw my firearm on someone twice.

Luckily, that is all I had to do to stop the aggression.

A shot was never fired, but I was ready and willing.

But, even though it was a mere deterrent, I'll never forget those two incidents.

The first one was shortly after I got married, 18 years ago and I remember it like it was yesterday.

It's a terrifying experience, even though nothing bad continued.

You just have to end up telling yourself,

that it is either them or you and at the end of the day you know the good guy went home.

I don't really care the reason you came at me with your car, texting, playing with the radio, taking care of the kids, spilled your drink, just not seeing the biker, if you come at me and threaten my life, I will react. I know riders that carry and I know riders that have pulled their weapon after they were threatened by someone in a car. This is a video, not a TV show, it doesn't start at the beginning and end at the end. At around 20 seconds of the video the rider who gets bumped is already at the window of the SUV getting in the guys face. Why? They say the group was trying to stop traffic to do stunts, they don't stop or even try to stop the white Ford van, they don't all ride to the front of the group once stopped to do burnouts, they all stop around that SUV. Most, especially those in the front, wouldn't have seen the SUV bump the bike so they didn't know that it happened. And they were already in the act of stopping so they didn't stop because of the contact seen in the video. Something happened before the helmet cam was turned on.

In heavy traffic on I-95 outside Miami I had a guy come up a ramp, look me straight in the face and come into my lane running me almost under an 18 wheeler. I'm supposed to sprout wings out my butt? I don't have rights to my lane? If I was carrying I'd have perforated that guys sheet metal not caring if I hit the driver. 8 of us coming across I 20 and a Jaguar actually hit a friends foot because that DeKalb County nit-wit was cutting in and out of traffic with no regard for anyone else on the road. We called the cops but there was nothing they would do even with the license plate number we had. I've been pushed up against concrete medians, shoved out of lanes, cut off, had cars take an off ramp from two lanes out, people who don't signal, people that just stop in the road....and it's almost as bad when I'm in my car. Far too many people these days think that what THEY are doing is more important than anyone else in the world.

I don't condone chasing someone down and pulling them from their vehicle to apply an a$$woop'n, that was wrong as they should have just held him till the cops got there. In fact I preach to other riders that if someone does something to get you real angry, you need to do a quick gut-check and get over it because that anger can put you into another situation that you don't see coming and you'll get hurt. Appears to be what happened here.

We all deal with cheezety drivers on a daily basis. I, personally, don't have much empathy for folks who choose to make themselves ridiculously vulnerable by riding motorcycles. I'm courteous to them but your stories really don't anger me being you made the choice to get on the roads in an unprotected "vehicle" in each of those instances.

Knowing that the roadways are full of horrible drivers, knowing that instances of road rage are common, knowing that a lot of folks aren't paying attention on the roadways, knowing that there are some people that are just assholes and will mess with you, I don't, personally, understand how the joy of riding a motorcycle is worth putting myself square in harm's way, virtually unprotected.

mrnn

Yep!

You are absolutely correct. Big talk is easy, but once that bullet leaves the gun, it doesn't come back

and after the fact, once reality sets in and you realize what happened, it will take it's toll.

I have had to draw my firearm on someone twice.

Luckily, that is all I had to do to stop the aggression.

A shot was never fired, but I was ready and willing.

But, even though it was a mere deterrent, I'll never forget those two incidents.

The first one was shortly after I got married, 18 years ago and I remember it like it was yesterday.

It's a terrifying experience, even though nothing bad continued.

You just have to end up telling yourself,

that it is either them or you and at the end of the day you know the good guy went home.

I agree. When we first started shooting, I couldn't shoot at a human silhouette, I simply couldn't do it. I have no problem with that now and if it was between the bad guy and me and I actually had to pull the trigger, I'm choosing me and mine. I'll deal with the consequences later.

Edited by momof 3
  • Like 1
1380737803[/url]' post='3845183']

We all deal with cheezety drivers on a daily basis. I, personally, don't have much empathy for folks who choose to make themselves ridiculously vulnerable by riding motorcycles. I'm courteous to them but your stories really don't anger me being you made the choice to get on the roads in an unprotected "vehicle" in each of those instances.

Knowing that the roadways are full of horrible drivers, knowing that instances of road rage are common, knowing that a lot of folks aren't paying attention on the roadways, knowing that there are some people that are just assholes and will mess with you, I don't, personally, understand how the joy of riding a motorcycle is worth putting myself square in harm's way, virtually unprotected.

mrnn

In the last month I lost a dear friend in a motorcycle accident where the car didn't see him. If he would have been on anything other than a bike, he would have survived it......with maybe some airbag bruising.

Just the other week I saw a wiped out bike on my way to work. Driver appears okay, but it ruined my day......the images of crunched bikes haunt me.

My brother quit riding in the last year and I am so thankful.

In the last month I lost a dear friend in a motorcycle accident where the car didn't see him. If he would have been on anything other than a bike, he would have survived it......with maybe some airbag bruising.

Just the other week I saw a wiped out bike on my way to work. Driver appears okay, but it ruined my day......the images of crunched bikes haunt me.

My brother quit riding in the last year and I am so thankful.

My dad was killed on one and when Hubby and I were dating, we saw an accident happen on South Cobb dr, right in front of Lockheed and the driver was killed. We were going on a date and it was so awful and upsetting, we went back home.

Let's talk tactics here for a moment. I agree with what you said but the average person will not catch on to the reasoning.

Shoot the first guy and the others will most likely run away.

Your vehicle is extremely prone to disabling damage on the front end therefore reverse gives the same bang for less critical damage. As well as most of the time there will be more vehicles and people in front of you than behind you.

Finally even with running on rims it is much harder to drag someone out of a vehicle moving at 5 mph than standing still.

Just a few thoughts.

News reports said this morning the guy with the helment cam and the guy bashing in the drivers window have turned themselvels in, and are in custody. News also reported there was a LE officer riding with the bikers. The question is, why did it take the officer four days to come forward to report he was at the scene of the attack.

• Like 1

News reports said this morning the guy with the helment cam and the guy bashing in the drivers window have turned themselvels in, and are in custody. News also reported there was a LE officer riding with the bikers. The question is, why did it take the officer four days to come forward to report he was at the scene of the attack.

Because he was undercover and didn't want to blow his cover.