Paulding.com

Eric VonHaessler

Eric VonHaessler, of Regular Guys morning show, was fired this morning. Here's his post from Facebook:

At about 10:05 this morning I was "officially relieved" of my on-air duties. In plain English that means I'm no longer a Regular Guy. The last 15 years in Atlanta have been quite a ride. And the years in Los Angeles before that were even crazier. Through it all there have been great, great fans of the show and it's been a pleasure to be a part of that community. Strangely, I don't feel bitter or angry. Obviously, Cumulus and the other members of the show felt my presence was holding them back and keeping them from being able to grow. I disagree with that assessment but wish them the best of luck. Go Bills!

Not sure if there are any fans on here but this is just a bunch of b.s. That show was already struggling to be funny and now it will be painful to listen to. Since Larry got divorced and started hanging around Southside Steve, it's become a ridiculously immature show. I wish EVH could steal Tim Andrews and get on the air elsewhere.

mrnn

Eric VonHaessler, of Regular Guys morning show, was fired this morning. Here's his post from Facebook:

At about 10:05 this morning I was "officially relieved" of my on-air duties. In plain English that means I'm no longer a Regular Guy. The last 15 years in Atlanta have been quite a ride. And the years in Los Angeles before that were even crazier. Through it all there have been great, great fans of the show and it's been a pleasure to be a part of that community. Strangely, I don't feel bitter or angry. Obviously, Cumulus and the other members of the show felt my presence was holding them back and keeping them from being able to grow. I disagree with that assessment but wish them the best of luck. Go Bills!

Not sure if there are any fans on here but this is just a bunch of b.s. That show was already struggling to be funny and now it will be painful to listen to. Since Larry got divorced and started hanging around Southside Steve, it's become a ridiculously immature show. I wish EVH could steal Tim Andrews and get on the air elsewhere.

mrnn

I completely agree with your last sentence. I used to like Larry but he gets on my nerves lately. I can't believe it. I'm shocked and angry! The way he was let go is just wrong.

Von Haessler could only surmise why he was released. He said he noticed in recent months that "every time I tried to speak, someone else was speaking. There's no worse radio than people talking over each other so I pulled back. It got more and more difficult to find clearance to get a point across, much less the ability to have a follow up."

This is absolutely true. I still tried to listen to the news jog on the way to work, but Eric could never get a word in over Larry.

The Regular Guys became unfunny when Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction ruined radio! They should have moved to Sirius/XM years ago so we could hear the Regular Guys the way they're meant to be heard....RAUNCHY!

• Like 2

mrnn

WACHS and SSS are more annoying all the time. I'll miss EVH, I'm not sure what happened, were they scheduled to be off last week?

Considering EVH lost his job (and was sued) because of Larry in the past, I'm really disappointed that Larry didn't raise hell over this and threaten to leave too....unless, of course, he was actually a part of the firing which, imo, is likely.

mrnn

WACHS and SSS are more annoying all the time. I'll miss EVH, I'm not sure what happened, were they scheduled to be off last week?

Yes...but I believe Larry and SSS went on a road trip together during the break...makes you wonder what they may have been talking about.

mrnn

Considering EVH lost his job (and was sued) because of Larry in the past, I'm really disappointed that Larry didn't raise hell over this and threaten to leave too....unless, of course, he was actually a part of the firing which, imo, is likely.

mrnn

Yes...but I believe Larry and SSS went on a road trip together during the break...makes you wonder what they may have been talking about.

mrnn

Good point. and I also believe it's likely.

I've been listening to them on and off for 15 years, it seems weird and wrong that Eric isn't a "Regular Guy" anymore. He IS an original Regular Guy, and as a friend said- the most regular of them all.

While I found Eric to be a bit too laid back at times I still thought he added a little "regular" to the guys. Larry and SSS are narcistic loud mouths especially Larry who I find creepy as hell sometimes. SSS is a self centered dumbass who contributes nothing to the show. I think the ratings will go down even more. JMO

Von Haessler could only surmise why he was released. He said he noticed in recent months that "every time I tried to speak, someone else was speaking. There's no worse radio than people talking over each other so I pulled back. It got more and more difficult to find clearance to get a point across, much less the ability to have a follow up."

This is absolutely true. I still tried to listen to the news jog on the way to work, but Eric could never get a word in over Larry.

The Regular Guys became unfunny when Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction ruined radio! They should have moved to Sirius/XM years ago so we could hear the Regular Guys the way they're meant to be heard....RAUNCHY!

As soon as I could get satellite radio, I did. I'm a huge Howard Stern fan and when he went to satellite, it became a better show and not just for the reasons people would assume.

I miss Christopher Rude.

Lord, I haven't heard that name in years, I loved him!

Good point. and I also believe it's likely.

I've been listening to them on and off for 15 years, it seems weird and wrong that Eric isn't a "Regular Guy" anymore. He IS an original Regular Guy, and as a friend said- the most regular of them all.

agreed!

I wish they would get rid of the Regular Guys all together and just play music!

This is why I have satellite radio, I have never like any of those silly morning shows. When I'm in the car, I just want to listen to music.

I don't get these 'morning shows'. If I want to listen to talk then I find a talk station that discusses things other than high school level fluff. If I want to listen to music then I find one that plays music.

Edited by Ugadawgs98
  • Like 1

Yes they were, The days of the upside down tags and of course, who could forget this?

My friend and I played this through the outside speaker at the building supply company I worked for at the time.

Yes, good times!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeWbL2LdN-E

Papi will occasionally post that on his FB wall on Fridays.

LOL

And I totally had the upside down tag.