Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Mrs G

Kay-Rogers NOT doubling coupons after Sept 22.......

Kroger will NOT be doubling coupons after Sept 22, I heard this thru the grapevine so please don't ask where I heard it from. :pardon: I was in a hurry to post this, therefore, I did not take the time to put this in the Coupon Clippers forum, Mods please move it if you see that this is worthy of moving it.

That is not true.

Ummm, I just went to Kroger on Ridge Rd and asked one of the front end Managers and she said , Yes Mam, after Sept 22, NO MORE DOUBLE COUPONS!!! A lady at work was telling me that the Crossroads Kroger hasn't doubled coupons, in a long time.

:shok:

Crossroads Kroger still doubles, I was there Friday and they doubled. I called again and spoke to a store manager. He said he had not been told any info of that.

Interesting!!!

Yes, the Cust Serv Lady that I talked to didn't know anything about it. She, then called over for a manager to come to the Cust Serv area and she asked her. She said yes, they had a had been told, just a little bit ago. The Cust Serv lady asked the Manager was it for all stores and she said, YES. :shok: :cray: :crazy: They could have waited until "after" Thanksgiving...............

I sure hope they change their mind. I will do more shopping at Publix...who am I kidding I do more shopping at Publix anyways they are much more couponer friendly!

• Like 1

Kroger will find themselves losing a LOT of customers. Their 10/10 and BOGO will be their main source of drawing folks and it takes a lto of $1.00's to add up!!

• Like 1

It will curb my shopping at Kroger, that's for sure!! I usually buy the soap, deoderant and toothpaste with the double coupons (and end up getting the itmes FREE, I did have to pay the taxes, though) and then the Cream of Chicken/Mushroom soups and Chicken Broth, before and during the Thanksgiving Day Sales. During the last two weeks I've gotten about 30-FREE 2 or 3 bar, packs of soap. About 15-FREE Crest Toothpaste, 5-FREE Brute Mens Deoderant and 5-FREE Sure Womens Deoderant. I can see why they are doing this but then again, it will stop a lot of people from shopping there. Kroger would only let you use 5 coupons on one item at a time. NO I DID NOT BUY ALL OF THIS AT ONE TIME AND YES, I DO OBEY THE COUPON RULES!!!! :pardon:

This is how I get the items for the Thanksgiving Baskets. Good couponing, I'm NOT perfect at doing this but, certain items that just so happen to be on sale AND there is a coupon, I will stock up on those items for my baskets!! :yahoo:

This is true....I work for Kroger and specifically asked the store manager about it today....Kroger is heading towards a new campaign that was decided on after polling shoppers they are currently working on dropping thousands of prices in order to be closer in price to the big blue box store, which is what the poll majority asked for. Look for big sales in the produce section and don't forget that you can download a lot of coupons to your K + card.

I just love the Friday Downloads but the coupons on my Kroger Card, not so much!!! But now, I just may use them if they are good coupons. I get about 1, 2 and sometimes 3 sets coupons in the mail from Kroger, each month. I hardly ever use any of those!! They're NOT what I would buy, except for the FREE eggs and FREE lunch meat.

I also, like the 10 for $10 items and the items you buy 5 get $1 off each item or you buy 10 and you get $.50 off each item. But, I definately will miss the double coupons!!!

I just love the Friday Downloads but the coupons on my Kroger Card, not so much!!! But now, I just may use them if they are good coupons. I get about 1, 2 and sometimes 3 sets coupons in the mail from Kroger, each month. I hardly ever use any of those!! They're NOT what I would buy, except for the FREE eggs and FREE lunch meat.

I also, like the 10 for $10 items and the items you buy 5 get $1 off each item or you buy 10 and you get $.50 off each item. But, I definately will miss the double coupons!!!

They told me that the coupons they send in the mail are geared towards what you purchase. I get free ones for the bottled water and others for items that I usually buy.

This was started last year in other states I posted about it, the news said it would gradually work its way down our way.. so i guess it has now.