Paulding.com

Well okay then!

My SIL had her dog in a pen on the back porch a couple of days ago and it was having a fit.(which is not unsual for it.)She noticed it had quieted down a little while later and went to check on it and it was DEAD.It was all swollen and looked like it had been dead for a couple of days ,not hours.In its mouth was a blue lizard.I quess it caught the lizard and they bit each other and both died.I always heard blue lizards were bad.Now I know for sure.

My cat loves catching these lizards and holds them hostage in her mouth. She's still kickin'.

My cat loves the screened-in porch. The lizards love the screened-in porch. I have found more than one lizard trying to escape in the kitchen (the room that opens onto the screened-in porch). I have also found more than one twitching lizard tail (they can separate it in an emergency and grow a new one).

If those lizards were poisonous, I'd be minus a friend. Since I received an e-mail from him this morning, I'm pretty sure he didn't die when he was 10 and bit a lizard in two.

My SIL had her dog in a pen on the back porch a couple of days ago and it was having a fit.(which is not unsual for it.)She noticed it had quieted down a little while later and went to check on it and it was DEAD.It was all swollen and looked like it had been dead for a couple of days ,not hours.In its mouth was a blue lizard.I quess it caught the lizard and they bit each other and both died.I always heard blue lizards were bad.Now I know for sure.

My landscaper told me a month ago that they are poisonous. The tail part is. He said his wife is a VET and one of his pets was very ill from eating one. Probably depends on the size of the animal if it will kill them. :unsure:

Are you talking about the local blackish salamanders that have a purplish-blue sheen to them? We get those around the house all of the time. Over the years I have come across a couple of live ones that the cats had been stalking INDOORS and a couple of dead ones INDOORS! We think they come in around the fireplace. I haven't seen any in a few years but our cats have definitely played with them a time or two and they are all still alive. One of those times my husband went to throw a live one outside upon which he was shocked to realize he was only holding it's tail in his hand! I laughed so hard at that one as the look on his face was priceless! :rofl: It had dropped it's tail and ran off when he was opening the door and wasn't looking.

Edited by MsGaStorm

Could the dog have been having a seizure? Could it have thrown a blood clot? The lizard could've just been a coincidence.

Skinks are very dangerous. They carry Lyme disease and other parasites.

Just because you and your animal did not get sick, does not mean the next one will not make your animal sick.

Parasitic and bacterial infections seem to be on the rise. This is not exactly true. Many of the old time Docs and vets that could diagnose these things based on symptoms have retired.

We are seeing a new generation of doctors that get little or no education in this area.

The consequence is people and animals dieing or becoming extremely sick.

http://www.ask.com/question/are-skinks-poisonous-to-dogs

http://www.ncagr.gov/oep/oneMedicine/noms/2010/Apperson_Charles_Complex_Ecology_of_Lyme_Disease_in_the_South.pdf

I had a friend that almost died from a Brown recluse spider a few weeks ago.

I suggest folks educate themselves on any disease that is transmitted by insects, animals or even rare bacteria of the flesh eating type.

You will know more than the majority of doctors under 50.

http://www.gulfshorelife.com/August-2010/The-War-Between-Cats-and-Skinks/

I didn't think they would kill a dog or cat but reading up on it the lizard produces a pvd which is neurotical and makes their head tilt and much worse they can't walk. I presume it could cause death but I didn't think that fast. Maybe the dog was really small?

Yes it was a small dog.