Paulding.com

Digital TV Converter

I participated in the free digital tv converter program but have misplaced the converter. Does anybody know of a place where you can buy a reliable one. I don't need the analog conversion as the tv is digital. I just need the reciever to pick op digital signals.

If your tv is digital why do you need the converter? The tv tuners are much better then the converters and most do stereo

audio or even 5.1 audio.

Do you still need the converter to receive the antenna signals? Or just hook the antenna lead to the TV and start receiving.

Do you still need the converter to receive the antenna signals? Or just hook the antenna lead to the TV and start receiving.

Yes just hook the antenna to the tv and scan for channels. If you are in a good location you will find lots

of channels. If you have a new tv it may even have a cat 5 connector on the back that you can hook to your

network and watch hulu or netflix. Local tv leaves a lot to be desired it is still only the networks except

for the. channels, even then I find that we watch hulu more then local. Most people are dropping

cable and dish to go with internet. If you have a problem pm me.

We get 2, 2-2, 5, 5-2, 11 [none of the 8s], 11, 11-2, 17, 30, 34, 34-2, 36, 36-2, 36-3, 46 and 69 on the digital tv with rabbit ears. Wish we got 8, but hey.

We just can't see paying $75 a month for dish, cable, etc. The only other shows we want are the rest of PBS, FoodNetwork, FoodTV, DIY, H&G, etc.

I am ready to drop my landline as well. I finally have my older international associates using Viber on their cell phones so I no longer HAVE to have the landline to dial 011 for the UK, France, Spain, Mexico, Brasil, Australia, etc.

But I do miss my foodie programs since turning off the dish. Other than the Braves and the Falcons, I couldn't really care about the sports.

Other suggestions ?

We get 2, 2-2, 5, 5-2, 11 [none of the 8s], 11, 11-2, 17, 30, 34, 34-2, 36, 36-2, 36-3, 46 and 69 on the digital tv with rabbit ears. Wish we got 8, but hey.

We just can't see paying $75 a month for dish, cable, etc. The only other shows we want are the rest of PBS, FoodNetwork, FoodTV, DIY, H&G, etc.

I am ready to drop my landline as well. I finally have my older international associates using Viber on their cell phones so I no longer HAVE to have the landline to dial 011 for the UK, France, Spain, Mexico, Brasil, Australia, etc.

But I do miss my foodie programs since turning off the dish. Other than the Braves and the Falcons, I couldn't really care about the sports.

Other suggestions ?

This provides some good ideas: http://www.digitaltr...o-cut-the-cord/

Other suggestions ?

If you put up a real antenna you can get 8 and all it's . channels. Channel 8 stayed on channel 8 which is vhf so if you buy a antenna don't

just get one because it says hd. Has to cover vhf and uhf. If you can find one of the older antennas that mount outside they work best.

• Like 1

Other suggestions ?

Your getting these with HD Rabbit ears. Does it have a preamp?

If you put up a real antenna you can get 8 and all it's . channels. Channel 8 stayed on channel 8 which is vhf so if you buy a antenna don't

just get one because it says hd. Has to cover vhf and uhf. If you can find one of the older antennas that mount outside they work best.

We really would prefer NOT to have an antennae on the roof. Not to mention lighting strikes, we just prefer not to. But......

If we can get the others we want off the internet, we would be happy.

• 2 weeks later...

I hooked up a pair of rabbit ears I found and was pleasantly suppressed. I got 11 wxia and a weather channel then 5 and a channel 5 movie channel. ION, Qubo and the most powerful stations was QVC and the Shopping channel. They had full bars on the signal meter.

• 7 years later...