Paulding.com

rofl.gif It was at the bottom of the page when I was responding with Rainwater's number.

Don't know the folks at Ragsdale. Do know the folks at Rainwater and they are the ONLY people I'll let touch my HVAC system. I wish I could have them come down here (maybe I need to ask Creig about that).

Here, I'll make it easy for you.

Ragsdale

770-443-1821

:)

rofl.gif It was at the bottom of the page when I was responding with Rainwater's number.

Don't know the folks at Ragsdale. Do know the folks at Rainwater and they are the ONLY people I'll let touch my HVAC system. I wish I could have them come down here (maybe I need to ask Creig about that).

I guess it's all about personal experiences and my personal experience is that Ragsdale has serviced this house for the past 15+ years (even before we were here) and always know what they are doing and how to go about doing it.

That's why people ask for recommendations and why a recommendation for someone who has provided a good service for another person is so valuable. You know Ragsdale. I don't. I know Rainwater. They even showed up earlier than they said they would! Can't beat that with a stick.

I guess it's all about personal experiences and my personal experience is that Ragsdale has serviced this house for the past 15+ years (even before we were here) and always know what they are doing and how to go about doing it.

• Like 1

I'm not arguing. mellow.gif I'm saying a referral from someone who has dealt with a business is priceless. I have nothing against YOU or Ragsdale. In fact, I have heard nothing but good things about Ragsdale (they serviced the system where I used to work and were excellent from what the landlord said but it wasn't MY experience). I HAVE personal experience with Rainwater. That's all I'm saying.

I think the OP would get excellent service from either company. But I can't refer someone to a company I don't experience with. That is just plain wrong. I could give them the name of a company but if I have no experience with them, it's nothing that the person couldn't get by using Google or the Yellow Pages. I think they were looking for more than a name, don't you?

Starr, you would argue with a tree.....so long as its name is Rockysmom.

It's all good.

Ragsdale ruined my unit so they won't get near any home of mine again. Air Command is amazing. PM me and I'll give you contact information. Office may be in Marietta but part of the ownership lives out here and I believe some of the techs do, too. Great company, great people.

edited to remove contact information of non-commerce member business.

Edited by Aunt Bea
  • Like 2

We had that happen once, too. Never did it again, either.

We also had a capacitor go out on ours. If hubby had felt like crawling under the house, he could have fixed it himself. He didn't and called Rainwater. They were out there in about 90 minutes and had it fixed in about 5. Apparently the capacitor is something you can see if it's gone out. Well, if you don't have to crawl under the house to see it.

But I agree. Check the circuit breaker.

A year ago my upstairs ac quit. Turned out it had tripped the circuit breaker. Don't know why and hasn't happened again since then, check the breaker.

Beats Ragsdale and Rainwater.

I won't let anybody but Craig Rainwater can touch our HVAC stuff.

Great man, and I love W. They do wonderful work and are great people. Very fair and reasonable in price.

• Like 1

One of the company's referred here (Ragsdale) was called in to check the 6 year old unit that was not cooling in one of my son's houses.

The tech diagnosed the unit as having a "busted coil" and quoted a replacement unit.

My son has always been quick on his feet about not throwing money away.

My son called in Dickerson Heating & Air for a second opinion.

The unit needed servicing and a little freon. It's been cooling just fine since spring.

I'm assuming an individual tech can misdiagnose a problem and in my opinion its worth the trouble to get a second opinion when faced with a major replacement cost.

We had that happen once, too. Never did it again, either.

We also had a capacitor go out on ours. If hubby had felt like crawling under the house, he could have fixed it himself. He didn't and called Rainwater. They were out there in about 90 minutes and had it fixed in about 5. Apparently the capacitor is something you can see if it's gone out. Well, if you don't have to crawl under the house to see it.

But I agree. Check the circuit breaker.

Often, but not always, the capacitor will swell up or even blow apart when they fail. Most capacitors are made in either Mexico or China these days and and they are utter crap. Used to, it was rare to see a capacitor fail. Now they drop like flies.Like most things these days, the HVAC industry has become all about low price and quality has taken a back seat.

The industry has made such a fuss about it. the suppliers have started to source American made capacitors of much higher quality. They cost considerably more, but they are absolutely worth it.

We had one go out on each unit--ours and at our rental. Hubby replaced the one at the rental but couldn't have crawled under our house to work on that one had his life depended on it.

Often, but not always, the capacitor will swell up or even blow apart when they fail. Most capacitors are made in either Mexico or China these days and and they are utter crap. Used to, it was rare to see a capacitor fail. Now they drop like flies.Like most things these days, the HVAC industry has become all about low price and quality has taken a back seat.

The industry has made such a fuss about it. the suppliers have started to source American made capacitors of much higher quality. They cost considerably more, but they are absolutely worth it.

I've used Todd malcom for years-they are members here too. (phone removed) -not as expensive as the others and a darn good job. Nice man too!!! You'll feel confortable around him. My renters have always commented that he did such a great job and was in and out with no problems-if you know what I mean!!!

Edited by PUBBY
Please no phone numbers or street addresses for non-business members. PM the poster for information.

KIRKLAND fixed ours 3 years ago.

We were really VERY impressed with their technicians...

polite and professional and experienced.

We did feel their costs were quite reasonable.

They were very prompt and I would recommend them in a heartbeat.

Over 25 years in business....

No ...Im not related to anyone who works for them :)

]

Edited to remove contact information regarding non-commerce member business. PM poster for contact information.

Edited by NEWTOHIRAM

My son bought a 3 year old house that had "Rag" advertising stickers all over the unit. Shortly after moving in the heat quit working. When the front of the unit was removed the reason was apparent. The installer used a #12 wirenut to connect the heat. The inside of the unit was black from soot, lucky the house never burned down.