Paulding.com

Popcorn not so good?

I have noticed that at the local movie theater that the popcorn is old, stale and hard. I think it is old, stored popcorn before they pop it.

Am I the only one to notice it?

I thought about talking to the manager if he is there.

I haven't been to the movies lately so I can't answer your question.

I would go to the manager though. You paid for food that may be stale or old, that's not acceptable to me.

Also, If no one complains, he'll never know about it and be able to fix it. JMHO

I know this is one of those "personal" opinion things. I know from years of popcorn that the popcorn tastes old and stale.

I do believe it was better a few years ago.

I wonder if is imported from China? Those ship rides are long.

The one at 278 had HUGE bags of popped popcorn siting on the counter the last time we were there last week made me wonder if they were pre-popping it.

That is a common practice but it can still be good. I try to get them to give me popcorn coming out of the cooker but it still taste old.

• Like 1

Actually, if you are getting popcorn that isn't all that crunchy, then it is fresh. When corn is popped in coconut oil (the good artery hardening stuff) it will soak up the oil making it seem somewhat chewy. Popcorn that is crunchy was usually popped at an earlier time and has been reheated.

I love movie popcorn but could care less about most of the movies they make today.

A few months ago I had some time to kill so I went to a movie here in town, mainly just to get some good popcorn.

The 1st bag I had was as stale as it could be.

I ended up dumping it out and getting some that was coming straight out of the popper.

While it was a little better, it too was stale.

I have no idea what movie I saw, but I remember my disappointment with the popcorn.

First trick to selling popcorn is to pre-pop a lot of it and get that smell in the air. Some office buildings won't let popcorn be sold in their vending machines or popped in their microwaves because once the smell gets on the floor or in the elevator, work stops as people head for their own bag. It's possible you got one of these bags that had been sitting.