Paulding.com

Question about middle school........

Middle school open house is on the 30th, do the kids get their schedules then or on the first day of school?

I think they get them then, at least they did last year. After they give you the map, and schedule you get to go to the classes. Sometimes the teacher will have the supply list for that class. I really wish they would let us know before hand. DS will be going to school with just the basics, for bout a week. This momma don't do crowds.

I think they get them then, at least they did last year. After they give you the map, and schedule you get to go to the classes. Sometimes the teacher will have the supply list for that class. I really wish they would let us know before hand. DS will be going to school with just the basics, for bout a week. This momma don't do crowds.

I'll do them, just not very well. I tend to get bumfuzzled! I hope he gets it so we can walk through it at least once before he starts 6th grade. It's so stupid, but I'm a wreck about this. I know it's because he's been at the same school from K-5 and admittedly, I don't deal with change very well. Added to the fact that he is going to be riding the bus.............OH LORD...........I may not survive!!! :wacko: :blink: :blink:

Edited by momof 3

I'll do them, just not very well. I tend to get bumfuzzled! I hope he gets it so we can walk through it at least once before he starts 6th grade. It's so stupid, but I'm a wreck about this. I know it's because he's been at the same school from K-5 and admittedly, I don't deal with change very well. Added to the fact that he is going to be riding the bus.............OH LORD...........I may not survive!!! :wacko: :blink: :blink:

You will be OK. (Save this for me next year) We have survived middle school so far. Which school is going to? You can PM me.

You will be OK. (Save this for me next year) We have survived middle school so far. Which school is going to? You can PM me.

He's going to Moses. From what I understand, most of the kids at Moses come from Abney, Northside and Shelton. I think it's just weird that he won't be at the same school as the grandbabies. We always took all three and picked up all three at the same time and they are all going to be bus riders this year, their choice not the Moms!!! Once again, change is not my thing.

I've been a Moses Mom for five years and we have always gotten at the very least a home room assignment at Open House and if memory serves our schedules as well. High School is different. I have heard horror stories from my North friends - no schedules ready at Open House, kids with two of the same class for two weeks, another with a blank period. The first year we were at East my daughter got her schedule over the Summer, then last year not until Open House. Both my kids were stuck in the wrong class for the first week until my husband went in and refused to leave until my daughters was corrected (she's and AP / Advanced student and every day counts). Hopefully things will go smoothly this year. Sorry to get off topic. Anyways, I wouldn't worry about Moses. If they aren't ready you won't be the only one upset :).

I've been a Moses Mom for five years and we have always gotten at the very least a home room assignment at Open House and if memory serves our schedules as well. High School is different. I have heard horror stories from my North friends - no schedules ready at Open House, kids with two of the same class for two weeks, another with a blank period. The first year we were at East my daughter got her schedule over the Summer, then last year not until Open House. Both my kids were stuck in the wrong class for the first week until my husband went in and refused to leave until my daughters was corrected (she's and AP / Advanced student and every day counts). Hopefully things will go smoothly this year. Sorry to get off topic. Anyways, I wouldn't worry about Moses. If they aren't ready you won't be the only one upset :).

Thanks! I'm going with a good attitude and an open mind. Middleschooler is so excited and maybe just a little nervous and in trying to be a good Mom, I'm talking it up at every opportunity I can. 'Are you excited'? 'It's sooo cool that you are going to 6th grade'. 'You're going to do great'. All the things you're supposed to say all the while thinking, 'But you're only a baby......don't go'! I'm a nut, I know!! :wacko:

Edited by momof 3

He's going to Moses. From what I understand, most of the kids at Moses come from Abney, Northside and Shelton. I think it's just weird that he won't be at the same school as the grandbabies. We always took all three and picked up all three at the same time and they are all going to be bus riders this year, their choice not the Moms!!! Once again, change is not my thing.

I will deferre to brown eyed girl for that. We're at South Paulding, truthfully I think they are AWSOME!!