Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Caped Crusader

Kids BEGGING for MONEY on the Street Corner!

Thanks, CC!

My Pleasure!!!

Or if someone needed $$$$$ for their Christmas Party at work...

(10 Employees... ='s $750.00 !!! ) :drinks:

or money for their Light Bill :pardon: :good:

There is a better way...

(Watch Video for DETAILS!) :wub:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1Y_B-hB3HVU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is the way they pay for their vacations. I say I paid for mine to play sports, so you pay for yours.

I have often wondered how it is that so many ball teams make to the "world series" every year from the same county.

I have often wondered how it is that so many ball teams make to the "world series" every year from the same county.

And they all think they are World Series Champs. I think a bunch of teams get together, and say we are have a World Series.

How many World Series do we need?

My Pleasure!!!

Or if someone needed $$ for their Christmas Party at work...

(10 Employees... ='s $750.00 !!! ) :drinks:

or money for their Light Bill :pardon: :good:

People are going to need much help, CC! And, things like you are offering will give them hope. What happened to them over a period of many years, as they became unable to fend for themselves, was their own fault.

These people think they need Wal-Mart, for instance, when things like Wal-art is responsible for the so called Downfall of America.

I apologize for my detailed, thinking, on this, and I am just happy you are doing what you are doing. :drinks:

Edited by The Postman

And they all think they are World Series Champs. I think a bunch of teams get together, and say we are have a World Series.

Exactly. As far as I know, there is only one real Little League World Series and it's HIGHLY unlikely that that many teams from one county or state would be eligible to go.

CC, you will have to let us know how many will take you up on your offer.

People are going to need much help, CC! And, things like you are offering will give them hope. What happened to them over a period of many years, as they became unable to fend for themselves, was their own fault.

These people think they need Wal-Mart, for instance, when things like Wal-art is responsible for the so called Downfall of America.

I apologize for my detailed, thinking, on this, and I am just happy you are doing what you are doing. :drinks:

This is the way they pay for their vacations. I say I paid for mine to play sports, so you pay for yours.

I am ALL-IN to HELP a Ball team (As long as they help themselves) ;)

I don't consider BEGGING on a street corner a good thing to teach

young people. I know my Boy cut grass, washed cars, etc.

We even let groups use our facility (OFFICE) to do those things! :good:

(all they have to do is ask) ;)

Exactly. As far as I know, there is only one real Little League World Series and it's HIGHLY unlikely that that many teams from one county or state would be eligible to go.

CC, you will have to let us know how many will take you up on your offer.

I try to get the word out and keep you all posted.

Please SPREAD the WORD if you know people that could benefit

from our program! :wub:

• Like 2

Paulding County teams play Dizzy Dean League -- not Little League. Every age group has a different World Series -- that's why so many teams from the same county go each year. And yes--if they go to a World Series they are Champs!

I don't think this is what CC wanted with this topic though -- I'll pass your info along to those I know doing fundraising--thank you!

• Like 1

The part I hate is when the so called beggars come from other area's outside our county.The car washes and boston butt sales are good and not as dangerous as being on corners of heavy traffic.:yahoo:

• Like 1

I'll have to call you sometime tomorrow. I know someone who is wanting to start a bakery, and needs help raising capital.

Paulding County teams play Dizzy Dean League -- not Little League. Every age group has a different World Series -- that's why so many teams from the same county go each year. And yes--if they go to a World Series they are Champs!

I don't think this is what CC wanted with this topic though -- I'll pass your info along to those I know doing fundraising--thank you!

But, how can it be a real World Series if every vacation spot with a ballfield close by has a World Series???

I just left PCB and it was ridiculous at the crowd at Frank Brown Park. Let kids be kids.

Rec baseball has changed with the explosion of travel teams. These "World Series" are profit driven tournaments. Depending on the association that is running the tournament; you can assemble a team of kids of the right age; pay the 800.00 plus entry fee and your good to go. Yes, it is a vacation for the family. If you need additional money EARN it. Wash cars, yard sale, sell stuff on ebay.. EARN it. What do we teach our kids by begging.. We teach them ENTITLEMENT. I don't stand on the corner and ask for the public to fund a trip to Disney World..

Here is a list of Ideas to raise money;

Sell yard service coupons - offer to have members of your team to do simple yard work

Wash Cars

Bake Sale

Work concession stand at Georgia dome

Have BBQ

Offer Dog wash

Golf Tournament

Skeet shoot tournament

Turkey shoot

Work out a deal to wash a fleet of cars or trucks

Host sporting tournament

Host sporting camp

Coupon Books

Candy Sales

Texas Hold'em poker tournament

Wash golf clubs at golf course

Wash cars at golf club

Set up paypal account for team and sell items on ebay

Rec baseball has changed with the explosion of travel teams. These "World Series" are profit driven tournaments. Depending on the association that is running the tournament; you can assemble a team of kids of the right age; pay the 800.00 plus entry fee and your good to go. Yes, it is a vacation for the family. If you need additional money EARN it. Wash cars, yard sale, sell stuff on ebay.. EARN it. What do we teach our kids by begging.. We teach them ENTITLEMENT. I don't stand on the corner and ask for the public to fund a trip to Disney World..

Here is a list of Ideas to raise money;

Sell yard service coupons - offer to have members of your team to do simple yard work

Wash Cars

Bake Sale

Work concession stand at Georgia dome

Have BBQ

Offer Dog wash

Golf Tournament

Skeet shoot tournament

Turkey shoot

Work out a deal to wash a fleet of cars or trucks

Host sporting tournament

Host sporting camp

Coupon Books

Candy Sales

Texas Hold'em poker tournament

Wash golf clubs at golf course

Wash cars at golf club

Set up paypal account for team and sell items on ebay

Thank you, this so true.

The thing with all of this is that it seems to be more for the parents than the kids. I see way too many parents pushing these "World Series" than the kids.

Even last week in PCB--I saw numerous families at our complex. They would be at the pool (or see them out eating) and the parents would be telling the kids that they had to go play ball and the kids wanted to stay at the pool or go to the beach???

I am ALL-IN to HELP a Ball team (As long as they help themselves) ;)

I don't consider BEGGING on a street corner a good thing to teach

young people. I know my Boy cut grass, washed cars, etc.

We even let groups use our facility (OFFICE) to do those things! :good:

(all they have to do is ask) ;)

Gutting grass, for people, on the basis of what they are willing to give to the teem, is a good thing. But, it will require coaching.

Letting the kids do the work, and coaching their work, not only helps the kids learn, but it helps people who don't have time to cut their own grass, or are disabled in some way.

That is not just grass cutting, but many things around the homes. Some people may not be able to pay anything, but that is just part of the plan. A good coach can tell if if someone is cheating the system by manipulation.

Gutting grass, for people, on the basis of what they are willing to give to the teem, is a good thing. But, it will require coaching.

Letting the kids do the work, and coaching their work, not only helps the kids learn, but it helps people who don't have time to cut their own grass, or are disabled in some way.

That is not just grass cutting, but many things around the homes. Some people may not be able to pay anything, but that is just part of the plan. A good coach can tell if if someone is cheating the system by manipulation.

Most kids are not taught to do anything now. Heck a lot of the parents don't know how to do chores. A lot kids only know how to

play ball and video games.

But, how can it be a real World Series if every vacation spot with a ballfield close by has a World Series???

I just left PCB and it was ridiculous at the crowd at Frank Brown Park. Let kids be kids.

I imagine it's called "World Series" because it's the top tournament of each league for each age group.

A family vacation and playing baseball--I think that is kids being kids--not ridiculous.

BTW--I do agree parents should pay or kids should do fundraisers.