Paulding.com

Where to get a good salad in PC?

Both, the Dallas and Hiram Wal-Mart have a pre-made

Salad with chicken and southwestern dressing.

Really GOOD for the $3.98 :good: :good:

Oh, they are in the Deli ;)

Thank you for the tip, butwhen Wally World is the best suggestion, it means that this county wcould use a good soup and salad place.

• Like 3

Now you have me craving a salad.

The best one I ever had was from a place near Cumberland Mall called Soup and Salad (or something like that).

We need better restaurants out here.

• Like 2

Now you have me craving a salad.

The best one I ever had was from a place near Cumberland Mall called Soup and Salad (or something like that).

We need better restaurants out here.

Lettuce Souprise You?

Lettuce Souprise You?

No...but that was good too.

Maybe it was Souper Salad.

EDIT:

It was called Souper Salad. I just googled and that location is gone but they have places all over the south and are very good.

Edited by mysterious

I like the California Chicken Salad from O'Charleys, but for a cheap salad Wendys had their Berry Almond Chicken Salad which is pretty good.

I love that salad at O'Charley's but forgot all about it and their carry out. I've been wanting to try that Wendy's salad but we don't do the Dallas location anymore. (the one that is convenient to us :( )

Ingles

We have made these for lunch or picked up late afternoon for dinner later. I didn't know they keep it open during the evenings?

No...but that was good too.

Maybe it was Souper Salad.

EDIT:

It was called Souper Salad. I just googled and that location is gone but they have places all over the south and are very good.

There used to be a Souper Salad over at the intersection of Austell Road/East-West Connector and it was very good. I wish we had something similar to that for a make and go kinda place.

I love the dinner salad at Longhorn. The chopped salad at Teds (not in paulding) is very good as well.

Yes, I love Longhorn's dinner salad. I also like the Wendy's apple and berry salads and Zaxby's has a great chicken salad, grilled or fried. I agree that we could really use a good soup and salad place around here.

Target has Premium Romaine Blend for less than $3. Next aisle is Paul Newman Olive Oil and Vinegar.

BUT....then that requires I have to cut the cucumber, tomato, grate the cheese, etc, etc, etc. Too much trouble for tonight. ;)

Yes, I love Longhorn's dinner salad. I also like the Wendy's apple and berry salads and Zaxby's has a great chicken salad, grilled or fried. I agree that we could really use a good soup and salad place around here.

I love the California salad (not sure that is what it is called there) and their new Wedge Salad with French Onion Soup.

I ended up getting the Zaxby's House zalad with fried chicken. Was good but just did not hit the spot. Half of it is in the frig. I am impatiently waiting for them to return their Zenzation Zalad. One of my all time FAV salads!!!

THANKS for all the suggestions!

Pig in the garden salad with smoked turkey at Jim N Nicks

Amy's salad with grilled shrimp or fried catfish nuggets and remoulade sauce on the side for dipping at Cajun's Cookin

Sirloin or grilled chicken salad at Ted's

Hickory salad at Briar Patch BBQ

Thai chicken salad at Panera Bread

Yeah, I've been eating a lot of salads.....

When you find out, let us know.

Jim and Nicks have a good one, but dang they're high.

I agree about J&N!!! Whew can be pricey!

Pig in the garden salad with smoked turkey at Jim N Nicks

Amy's salad with grilled shrimp or fried catfish nuggets and remoulade sauce on the side for dipping at Cajun's Cookin

Never eaten there

Sirloin or grilled chicken salad at Ted's

Never eaten there

Hickory salad at Briar Patch BBQ

Really like their Hickory Chick Salad especially when it is their $3.50 weekly coupon special)

Thai chicken salad at Panera Bread

Never eaten there

Yeah, I've been eating a lot of salads.....

Obviously I lead a very sheltered life. :lol:

What the hell with the rabbit food!!??

Eat a steak!

:p

Had steak night before last and was just wanting a GOOD salad without having to drive far.

What the hell with the rabbit food!!??

Eat a steak!

:p

Had steak night before last and was just wanting a GOOD salad without having to drive far.

This is one of those night I REALLLLLLYYYYY wish David still had the Dugout open.I LOVED his Chef Salad (especially when Elizabeth made it - at David's suggestion) with homemade ranch and DH coulda had his cheeseburger he LOVED!!

Gawd, now I'm hungry.

I might have to go fix a salad, and yes I have the stuff with real lettuce (not out of a bag) MY tomatoes, MY cucumber and MY peppers. Some radishes and pickled beets and a little cottage cheese.

BRB.

Greek salad at Mellow Mushroom. Doesn't beat the one at Marietta Diner, but it's a lot closer!

It is good, I get one when I get a pizza there.

But I would really love to have a great salad place, a build your own.....and NOT Ruby Tuesday. Their salad bar is nothing like it was 10 years ago.

Anybody remember Steak and Ale in Smyrna? Now THAT was a salad bar with wonderful fresh baked bread!

• Like 1

I love the California salad (not sure that is what it is called there) and their new Wedge Salad with French Onion Soup.

I ended up getting the Zaxby's House zalad with fried chicken. Was good but just did not hit the spot. Half of it is in the frig. I am impatiently waiting for them to return their Zenzation Zalad. One of my all time FAV salads!!!

THANKS for all the suggestions!

Girl, their French onion soup is soooo good!

What is the zenzation salad? I've not heard of it.

I, like so many others would love o have an olive Garden.

You know, the Majic Pan used to have the best Cobb salad around, I miss that place.

I'll let you know if I come across any other good ones.

You know, the Majic Pan used to have the best Cobb salad around, I miss that place.

Dang girl, how old are you?

Didn't that close down in the early 80's?

(if you mean the crepe place at Cumberland)

Dang girl, how old are you?

Didn't that close down in the early 80's?

(if you mean the crepe place at Cumberland)

Now don't you know it's not polite to ask a woman her age dear heart? :p

I believe it closed around '89 or '90. I was in my twenties.

I met hubby when I was 19 and we had a tradition of going to Cumberland Mall every Christmas Eve with my parents to do last minute shopping and have our Cobb salads. We actually enjoyed hangin' with them. They were and are still so much fun. Good times and great memories.

But I would really love to have a great salad place, a build your own.....and NOT Ruby Tuesday. Their salad bar is nothing like it was 10 years ago.

Anybody remember Steak and Ale in Smyrna? Now THAT was a salad bar with wonderful fresh baked bread!

We so need a Sweet Tomato over here!!! That is one of the best soup and salad (build your own) restaurants I've been to. Too bad the closest one is on Barrett Pkwy by Carmax.

• Like 1

Gawd, now I'm hungry.

I might have to go fix a salad, and yes I have the stuff with real lettuce (not out of a bag) MY tomatoes, MY cucumber and MY peppers. Some radishes and pickled beets and a little cottage cheese.

BRB.

Now THAT is a good salad. But, I'd have to have EXTRA tomatoes, omit the beets and cottage cheese by adding shredded Colby Jack cheese. (There, you have my order. ;) )

I agree 110%!! I miss the RT salad of "old".

OMGOSH ~ YES it was!!! About 35 years ago we would drive from Heflin, AL to Birmingham, AL just to eat at Steak and Ale. The BEST salad bar EVER. And, the prime rib was =@ !!

I liked Sonnys BBQ salad bars...They were good but closed down...My favorite now is the Hickory Salad from the "Hickory Hut" in dallas across from the hospital.

ME TOO!! Still get one when go to the Sonny's on Cobb Pkwy.

As far as the Hickory Hut....when we moved here in 1996 we heard SOOOOO much about this place. Went one time....the LAST time, too!!!

YES it is........IF it is fresh!!! And, that is hit and miss. I've had it several times with their new Wedge Salad and it was good. On the contrary I've gotten it several times when it was SO salty I couldn't eat it. The high sodium means it has been sitting a day or two. :(

THANKS for everyone's input and I will definitely keep it in mind.

And, when I want a Greek Salad I will try either Mellow Mushroom or Olive Tree. The BEST I've ever had was at Mata's Greek Pizza and Grinders in Anniston, AL. The salad with their supreme pizza is to die for and always on the agenda when we go "home".