Paulding.com

For any one keeping score......

Looks like I'll be headed back to doc on Monday.

Ears never did fully clear up after being sick all of May.

10 days of amoxicillin and they got better, but never cleared completely.

Two days after finishing amoxicillin my right ear all plugged up again and right side of my throat hurts bad.

Can barely talk or swallow it's so painful. Monday is as soon as they could see me.

Groan....

On a side note, Papi is happy I finally shut up. LOL

And Jmatt is moving around better now. Not limping as bad and the swelling has gone down some in his right leg.

He's injured it before. I think he gets it caught when he gets up on the lake drain.

Damn duck thinks he's a Canada goose. At least until dinner time, then he's a duck again. :lol:

At least one of us is feeling better.

They going to have to do something. Hurts.

Papi says I have brown spots on my tonsils on the right side.

You still have your tonsils? Dude, you might want to get those suckers taken out. But, I would defiantly get the antibiotics changed. Ask about augumentin. When amoxicillion doesn't work anymore it's time to change.

Don't you think it's about time for a 2nd opinion ?

unknw.gif

That's why I'm going to the ENT on monday.

Been going to Kaiser's emergency clinc because I could go on saturdays.

You still have your tonsils? Dude, you might want to get those suckers taken out. But, I would defiantly get the antibiotics changed. Ask about augumentin. When amoxicillion doesn't work anymore it's time to change.

Yeah do. But I'm 43 years old. Taking my tonsils out is not a fun option to consider. I was on Augumentin and it tore up my stomach TERRIBLY.

Like REALLY REALLY bad. Even with yogurt 3 times a day.

Guess I'll see what ENT says. May have to suffer through that.

I've always said amoxicillin or any of the penicillin drugs are a waste of time and money. Not to mention what it does to your guts. You need to add a probiotic along with the yogurt.

I've always asked for Keflex or Ceclor. Like someone said, Cipro is very good and insist on something that will work and work quickly. The dosage on Keflex or Ceclor is twice a day and strong as hell.

Tonsils are a nasty thing to have. I had mine out at 6, had my kids out when they were young because of continuous strep. My husband would get it from them and he had his out sometime in his 30's, you would have thought he was dying LOL but he was just a man so you can expect that from them.

Hope you get better soon!

That's why I'm going to the ENT on monday.

Been going to Kaiser's emergency clinc because I could go on saturdays.

Yeah do. But I'm 43 years old. Taking my tonsils out is not a fun option to consider. I was on Augumentin and it tore up my stomach TERRIBLY.

Like REALLY REALLY bad. Even with yogurt 3 times a day.

Guess I'll see what ENT says. May have to suffer through that.

You STILL have your tonsils? Mom had all three of us girls yanked out at the same time. She swore they just kept us sick.

Hope you get well sooner than later. That has to stink.

Doc in box said no sign of infection actually.

WTF!

Then why does my right ear and right side of my throat hurt so bad and I can't talk!

Did give me some tramadol to help with pain over weekend.

And steroid nose spray.

We'll see what ENT days Monday.

Edited by Blondiega1

You STILL have your tonsils? Mom had all three of us girls yanked out at the same time. She swore they just kept us sick.

Hope you get well sooner than later. That has to stink.

Lol... sorry I'm not trying to be a grammar nazi but I had a whole different picture of you three girls and being yanked out of some place.

Eustachian Tube Obstruction Primary and Nasopharyngitis.

Fancy way of the ENT saying I still have infection way up in my sinuses and fluid behind ear drums.

Doc in box didn't see it because on the surface it looks fine.

ENT stuck a scope up my nose and said up near the opening of the tube that connects up to my ear is red and inflamed.

Steroid for a week and another 10 days of a Mac Daddy antibiotic, Levofloxacin 500mg.

He specifically asked if I had interaction with daycare kids. Told him about the girl child's job and he said that little kids do carry a certain bacteria that can cause this infection.

So girl child now has to decontaminated when she comes home from work! :lol:

I hope this takes care of it once and for all because next step would be surgery to have tubes put in and I REALLY don't want that. Never had ear trouble in my life till now.

Edited by Blondiega1

I'm so glad you got a diagnosis and some good meds. The steroids will help you feel better immediately.

Thanks!

I'm going to start it in the morning since it's one you take like 6 the first day, then 5 the second, all the way down to 1 the last day.

Glad you found out and hope the meds take care of it. My husband has had a problem with his ear for a while. Finally went to the ENT and they said he has fluid behind his ear and they will have to put tubes in to help. I dont think he has any pain but he is basically deaf in that one ear right now. It's getting pretty annoying repeating myself to him all the time.

Eustachian Tube Obstruction Primary and Nasopharyngitis.

Fancy way of the ENT saying I still have infection way up in my sinuses and fluid behind ear drums.

Doc in box didn't see it because on the surface it looks fine.

ENT stuck a scope up my nose and said up near the opening of the tube that connects up to my ear is red and inflamed.

Steroid for a week and another 10 days of a Mac Daddy antibiotic, Levofloxacin 500mg.

He specifically asked if I had interaction with daycare kids. Told him about the girl child's job and he said that little kids do carry a certain bacteria that can cause this infection.

So girl child now has to decontaminated when she comes home from work! :lol:

I hope this takes care of it once and for all because next step would be surgery to have tubes put in and I REALLY don't want that. Never had ear trouble in my life till now.

Glad you know what's going on. Ear tubes in adults are a very minor procedure. The ENT I worked for would do them in the office. It's a topical anesthetic applied to the ear drum, a special long-handled blade to puncture the drum, suction the fluid out, and ear drop put in. The only reason ear tubes are done in outpatient surgery for kids is they won't sit still. It's a painless procedure but you can hear the puncture being made and suction of fluid.

Glad you found out and hope the meds take care of it. My husband has had a problem with his ear for a while. Finally went to the ENT and they said he has fluid behind his ear and they will have to put tubes in to help. I dont think he has any pain but he is basically deaf in that one ear right now. It's getting pretty annoying repeating myself to him all the time.

Thanks. I'm sure Papi is tired of me saying "What?"

Thanks!

I'm going to start it in the morning since it's one you take like 6 the first day, then 5 the second, all the way down to 1 the last day.

be prepared to sweat like a pig, eat like a horse, and hulk smash everyone who looks at you crosseyed.

steroids are tha debil.

I've had the dose pack of steroids when I've had bronchitis. They're not nearly as bad as several cortisone shots.

But you will get hungry and you just might bite Papi's head off. LOL

I would've started them as soon as I got home.

That's what is going to heal the inflammation.

be prepared to sweat like a pig, eat like a horse, and hulk smash everyone who looks at you crosseyed.

steroids are tha debil.

Thanks. I think.... :lol:

Glad your on your way to feeling better! :)

thanks!

I've had the dose pack of steroids when I've had bronchitis. They're not nearly as bad as several cortisone shots.

But you will get hungry and you just might bite Papi's head off. LOL

I would've started them as soon as I got home.

That's what is going to heal the inflammation.

Last time I took these, they didn't make me angry, they made me......shall we say...."frisky".

Papi enjoyed. :ninja:

Thanks. I think.... :lol:

thanks!

Last time I took these, they didn't make me angry, they made me......shall we say...."frisky".

Papi enjoyed. :ninja:

Cool beans for Papi. I didn't notice that they did anything to me except make me feel stronger, as in getting better.

Those dayum cortisone shots make as hungry as a pig. And it shows. :(.

I had the same thing happen a couple of years ago .. and they were talking tubes. But the ENT gave me a shot of antibiotics and steroids and it cleared up...

Also my poor 7 yr old dd has been sick and they gave her Augmentin.. she was MISERABLE with stomach pain.. but gave her some probiotics and it has helped a TON... not too fond of Augmentin.. think this will be the last time with it..

Hope it clears up for you!!

Edited by jenja1