Paulding.com

Great dinner at Japanese restaurant

We went to dinner with our daughter and son-in-law at Taki Steakhouse this past weekend. Everyone talked about RT being really bad and prepackaged --- go to Taki. It's cooked right in front of you. You see the fresh food splayed out in front of you and cooked! It's a wonderful experience, and you're in and out in no time! A little pricey - but what isn't??? This is really good food. And you don't HAVE to have SUSHI! Yuk!

Edited by Aunt Bea

I actually think Taki has gone down hill in the last couple of years. Our last two visits there have taken literally hours because the server hasn't put our order in correctly. And, we've never been offered any compensation for our time. We actually avoid that place now.

I agree that you see what is being cooked for you and that is a plus. The issue I have is that you get SO much cabbage or rice that the protein you ordered is lost. It is also really expensive for what you get, I mean really expensive. I was shocked at the price the last time I ate at a Japanese Steakhouse.

We went to dinner with our daughter and son-in-law at Taki Steakhouse this past weekend. Everyone talked about RT being really bad and prepackaged --- go to Taki. It's cooked right in front of you. You see the fresh food splayed out in front of you and cooked! It's a wonderful experience, and you're in and out in no time! A little pricey - but what isn't??? This is really good food. And you don't HAVE to have SUSHI! Yuk!

Agreed we have been to Taki for special occasions and always enjoyed it. And also agree a little pricey.

Now the one behind Jim & Nicks. We went during cold weather with friends. I should have made note the parking lot was empty.

They waited a while for the chance of more than 4 being seated, I assume. When the chef was in the middle of the show he threw his knife in the air then missed catching it. He picked the knife off the floor and preceded to cut the meat for the meal. Seeing shock on our faces he stopped and wiped the knife on his apron. The 4 of us got up and walked out leaving him by himself.

I did say it was a bit pricey. But unless you want to eat pizza or hamburgers, you won't find anywhere less pricey. Applebees, TGI Friday's, RT, all use the same food. At least you're getting fresh food at Taki.

Please note that I am not going to be eating there very frequently, mainly because we just don't eat out a lot. But, it is nice to know that we can eat somewhere that serves fresh food.

And there wasn't any cabbage in my meal. I had the Hibachi salmon ($18.95) which included some vegetables (broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, onions), lots of fried rice, and 4 pieces of salmon cooked the way I wanted (done all the way through!). I had to bring some of it home with me. Just couldn't eat it all. And, I have to add, we had soup and salad prior to the meal being cooked.

YUM!

I did say it was a bit pricey. But unless you want to eat pizza or hamburgers, you won't find anywhere less pricey. Applebees, TGI Friday's, RT, all use the same food. At least you're getting fresh food at Taki.

Please note that I am not going to be eating there very frequently, mainly because we just don't eat out a lot. But, it is nice to know that we can eat somewhere that serves fresh food.

And there wasn't any cabbage in my meal. I had the Hibachi salmon ($18.95) which included some vegetables (broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, onions), lots of fried rice, and 4 pieces of salmon cooked the way I wanted (done all the way through!). I had to bring some of it home with me. Just couldn't eat it all. And, I have to add, we had soup and salad prior to the meal being cooked.

YUM!

Glad your experience was a good one.

I agree that you see what is being cooked for you and that is a plus. The issue I have is that you get SO much cabbage or rice that the protein you ordered is lost. It is also really expensive for what you get, I mean really expensive. I was shocked at the price the last time I ate at a Japanese Steakhouse.

Last time I ate there we had a Mexican chef.