Paulding.com

Weird at Hiram Movie Theater

We were standing in line at the theater for the 1:15 show today of "Man of Steel" when the girl selling tickets yelled out that the 1:15 movie was canceled and the 3:00 show would be delayed to 4:00. No explanation was given?

Could have been any number of things. Could have had equipment problems, staffing problems or could have been sold out and they told the people in line it was cancelled. Kinda strange to reschedule later show though so that doesn't sound like a sold out show. That leads one to believe equipment problems. Happened once when I was working at a theater. Something happened to the projector and we had to cancel one showing of the movie.

We were there Saturday night and one of the showings for Man of Steel was cancelled because the air conditioning was broken in that theater.. Maybe some more problems like that? But I definitely would have asked...

We were at the end of a long line of people.

A couple of weeks ago, we went to a movie there, got into the aud. and the manager comes in about the time the feature should start and said there was a delay and it start soon. We waited and it started. It ended close to the right time because they skipped some of the commercials and previews.

I think it was probably an equipment issue that created a late start and that is why they canceled one show and delayed a later show to get back on time.

We were at the end of a long line of people.

A couple of weeks ago, we went to a movie there, got into the aud. and the manager comes in about the time the feature should start and said there was a delay and it start soon. We waited and it started. It ended close to the right time because they skipped some of the commercials and previews.

I think it was probably an equipment issue that created a late start and that is why they canceled one show and delayed a later show to get back on time.

I was there for 4:30 show for Man od Steel with grandchildren. Names of movies were not showing on ever movie entrances. They said they hadpower failure last night and still had issues. When movie finally started after ALL the commercials/previews, it was not in 3D, as I had paid for. Most people were watching with and some without their 3D glasses on. I gotup and went and told someone. They came turned movie off and applogized and offered to restart movie in 3D or remain in regular viewing, most said leave it likeit was. But I heard a ladies voice said start it at same place in 3D,they did.Then someone came through with free tickets for another show later!! I was happy!!