Paulding.com

White Water

I've always wanted to go, but have never been. Now of course I have 3 kids and I know they would enjoy it. But I seem to get alot of conflicting reviews from people. Did you have a great experience, or not so much? Fill me in! Is there a certain time of the week or day when it's not as crowded? I would appreciate any advice :)

Thanks,

Stacey

Edited by Deputy Gomer Pyle
Removed name of park (non-commerce member) from title and added it to the post

I think it is one of the prettiest water parks around! Get there early, pack a cooler ( cannot bring it in, but many, many families go back out to the parking lot and tailgate picnic for lunch) they are pretty strict about not allowing food in, but you can probably sneak in a water bottle or two. I have always found lots of shady area to sit in, and they have lockers to store valuables. We love the slides, although I will admit the "wave pool" and "lazy river" can feel a bit like a communal bathtub!! We have bought annual passes with parking and really gotten our money's worth every time! It does get hotter and more crowded as the day goes on, so go early!

this is our family's 2nd year of owning season passes. We really enjoy going! I agree, pack a lunch if you are planning on staying the whole day. Get your hand stamped and go out to your car to eat. their food is really high. If you are not doing a pass (best deal) go online and you can get a cheaper day price by buying at least 2 days in advance, (verify this, it was last year) or if you got a buddy with a pass, they might let you in on one of their cheap coupons! My kids are 13 now and I go and take me a magazine or two and I relax while they do their own thing. If you have little kids, sit in the kiddie area and they will have a blast too. Oh yeah, Greystone Power used to sell discount tickets, see if they still do!

If you got any other ??? feel free to pm.

Kris

I haven't been to White Water in years, but there's a new aquatic center/water park in Cherokee county that is wonderful. For 3 adults and 3 kids to get in yesterday it cost $33.00. It's clean, brand new, the life guards are great and it wasn't crowded. If you google 'cherokee county ga water park' it should pop up.

Glad to hear the positive reviews. This is our first year with passes. We've had six flags passes the last couple of years and in the fall they offered a deal for a combo pass that was just to good to pass up. I think it was @$60 for both parks and includes parking. The coupons are great. We used a discount coupon last year that we got with our six flags passes ($9.99/person) to check out White Water last year and two of my three kids loved it. The third is more of a home body but still had a good time. I haven't made it there yet this year but hope to this week.

I haven't been there since a teenager, before I cared about germs and what not. I'm not so eager to go jump in the water with thousands of people that you have no idea what they've done, or haven't done for that matter, before they got there. And kiddie pools?...No way.

But I had loads of fun when I was a kid! Just take necessary precautions is all. Have fun!

• Like 1

I'm happy to see the good review too! I haven't heard of a water park in Cherokee, that's good to know. And thanks on the tip to "tailgate" for lunch haha That's great! My kids are 9, 6, and 2 so it would be a challenge, but fun I think.

As for all the nasty kids, that's what showers are for. Besides its the same as going in the ocean if you think about it. We will just bathe real good and not drink the water! :lol: eeww

Another thread about White Water was discussing chubby, poorly tattooed chicks in bikinis. That told me all I needed to know. :nea:

So, tell us...where can you go where you DON'T see this trash?? Sign o' the times I'm afraid!!! Welcome to the jungle!!!

water is constantly being filtered, levels are checked every 30 mins.. lots of changes made after kid got sick and died. BTW it wasnt White Waters fault, a kid pooped in the water..

ACK!!!!! :bad: That glowing review just completely ruined me on the place. :bad: Oh that's right, I wouldn't step foot in that place if they replaced the water with Purell and Lysol. But any way....EWWWWWWWW!

• Like 1

IMHO, its nasty. The thought of swimming in the same water with nasty people and thier nasty kids. Shudder!

Enjoy.

If your not part of the solution,your the problem.:clapping:

All I need to know too.. :p ;)

Fat bottom women make the world go round.:unsure:

Fat bottom women make the world go round.:unsure:

Glad to know I'm good for something!!

We didn't get passes this year to White Water. We had them for three years and we got tired of going. Too many snobby Cobbs, trashy people who go to take their weekly bath in the wave pool and waayyy too many tattooed miseries hanging around. After the third time they had to fish a maxi pad out of the pool, we decided it wasn't for us anymore. Also, it took us 45 minutes to get there and then usually another 20-25 minutes waiting in the car line to get in to the parking lot. We took our own food and ate in the parking lot because the food and drinks there are very high priced. You can bring your own water in but the bottle has to be unopened (orginal seal) or you can't take it in.

We went last summer and loved it. I hadn't been in years and hubby and 11-year-old had never been. Lots of great rides and wave pool and lazy river. The kid's areas have their own water filtration system and the water is circulated at a much higher rate. Yes, some kids got sick 15 years ago when a two-year-old wore a regular diaper and had diarrhea while in the water and other kids in the pool swallowed the water. Six Flags bought it after that and pumped a lot of money into it to clean it up and tighten up their filtration system. The water is circulated so much faster than ever before and the kid's areas have their own system and kids under two (and any kid not potty trained) are required to wear rubber swim pants and can buy them from the park if they don't have their own. I felt safe there.

Just be certain the kids shower well and use soap as soon as they can after the park. I know a poor kid that couldn't walk for a week because of a rash he developed after going there. Probably from the high concentration of chlorine and other sanitation stuff.

Yes, some kids got sick 15 years ago when a two-year-old wore a regular diaper and had diarrhea while in the water and other kids in the pool swallowed the water.

Wasn't one of those kids who was really sick the son of Jeff Blauser, the Brave's shortstop?