Paulding.com

It's that time again! - Property Assessment arrived this week

Got the 2013 assessment, went down a little less than 1%.

OK, but since it went UP 17% last year, I was hoping for a better correction.

Had it gone up again, I would have appealed, but 1% down is acceptable.

Loan escrow should be reviewed next month, the 17% rise will be applied then. Not looking forward to it.

Anybody have a major change in value?

No significant change here. I was hoping for an increase so I could do a tax appeal. Worked on a few of them last year and found them informative. Didn't do any in Paulding County but with the counties I worked with I found the county appraisers were very reasonable and professional.

Ours went up a bit...but taxes seem to be slightly down. Not going to complain though because the tax amount is less than a few months of car insurance. We have no mortgage and an INCREDIBLE tenant in the house so I cannot and would not ever fuss about that.

Oh, is that what that paper was? lol..... I just saw numbers and handed it to my father. I didn't take the time to figure it out, I was heading out the door. He looked at it, and when I came home he didn't say anything, so I guess, I don't have anything to pay. lol

No one pays any attention to tax assessment values from a sales standpoint, they know they are wildly inaccurate....

True. When we bought our house last year, it appraised for $93,000. The tax assessment was about $31,000. :rolleyes:

When we got our assessment for this year, it was lower and I called hubby freaking out. He just laughed at me and said it doesn't have any impact on market value..LOL

One thing that has us confused is, weeks AFTER we got our assessment in the mail, a guy from the county came by. He knocked on the door and said he was doing measurements from the outside of the house for tax purposes. OK, that's fine and dandy, but WHY was the measurements taken AFTER I got the assessment? Does this mean it can change and I could get another assessment?