Paulding.com

Paulding County Youth Detention Center #1 in sexual exploitation

WSB-TV just had a story on youth detention sexual abuse.

They stated Paulding County was #1 in the COUNTRY!

I cant find the story online to offer a link but of the females surveyed, we chalked up 32%.

What in the world is going on?

Shouldnt someone have to answer for this going on?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know what..? I don't care WHO is running the facility, nor do I care how much smaller it is than any others, nor how bad of a job anyone thinks the parents have done on raising their children. T

They ask a question of inmates that a positive response to the question will get their captors in trouble.   Hmmmm not sure I'd take those responses as gospel quite yet...

You copied and pasted crap, as usual.       Your credibility is nonexistent because you don't even understand the crap you spew. The fact that you don't see a problem with this is concerning.

My link Here's the story.

Thank you! :good:

From your link...

The highest incidence of staff sexual misconduct occurred in Ohio, South Carolina, Georgia and Illinois, while other states like New York, Massachusetts and Delaware, reported no abuse. At the Paulding Regional Youth Detention Center in Georgia and the Circleville Juvenile Correctional Facility in Ohio, one in three youngsters surveyed said they'd suffered sexual abuse at the hands of staff members.

WTHeck?

WSB-TV just had a story on youth detention sexual abuse.

They stated Paulding County was #1 in the COUNTRY!

I cant find the story online to offer a link but of the females surveyed, we chalked up 32%.

What in the world is going on?

Shouldnt someone have to answer for this going on?

I think it's a biased hit job, mach4!

Just thought I would get those words in before anyone else in the county.

Edited by The Postman

Just want to remind everybody that there is ANOTHER Paulding County in Ohio. That article was full of generalizations and not much detail. And it mentioned another facility in Ohio, which made me wonder.

Far be it from me to EVER defend this County's lousy government, but please don't jump to conclusions on this one.

• Like 1

Just want to remind everybody that there is ANOTHER Paulding County in Ohio. That article was full of generalizations and not much detail. And it mentioned another facility in Ohio, which made me wonder.

Far be it from me to EVER defend this County's lousy government, but please don't jump to conclusions on this one.

Yes, but the article does say Paulding County Georgia.....unless I am reading it wrong.....and that is definately a possibility!

One first blush, this should be investigated by the GBI and prosecuted by the Paulding County DA.

This is survey is particularly troubling.

pubby

Has the GBI done anything about public corruption sense the state took a biased hit job and was on the bottom of the integrity totum pole, with a big fat "F" in integrity?

That was also #1, in the US, if you count from the bottom.

I didn't see any GBI activity on that report card, nor did I see any FBI activity regarding that. I did see the ethics board get rearranged because they were trying to do something about corruption.

Edited by The Postman

Yes, but the article does say Paulding County Georgia.....unless I am reading it wrong.....and that is definately a possibility!

I saw that, too. But this article is from a news source I'd never heard of before. Not saying it isn't true, but maybe we'd better not light the torches just yet. It would be a lot more believable to me if I saw (or read) interviews with the alleged victim's home towns shown. I have a spidey sense about this. Crappy sensationalism and lousy fact checking is my gut feeling.

And you all KNOW how much respect I have for Paulding government. As in ZERO. Part of me hopes I'm wrong and they are a guilty as sin and the lid blows off the whole place.

I have one question. WHO IS RAISING these juveniles????

Well, I don't know about ALL of them, but there is one who loves to break into peoples homes (regardless if someone is home or not), he also loves to shoot peoples windows out of their cars and homes. His MOM works at the juvenile detention center! This 'child' does not live in my neighborhood, but he lives in a subdivision behind mine and walks through the woods to the subdivision I live in to do his deeds. :angry:

Well, I don't know about ALL of them, but there is one who loves to break into peoples homes (regardless if someone is home or not), he also loves to shoot peoples windows out of their cars and homes. His MOM works at the juvenile detention center! This 'child' does not live in my neighborhood, but he lives in a subdivision behind mine and walks through the woods to the subdivision I live in to do his deeds. :angry:

I could name a few names in criminal acticity, and even cover up activity. I have seen court transcripts get changed right inside the courthouse, I didn't see who did it however, because it was behind closed doors.

I moved out of Paulding County, a few years back. :drinks:

This is referring to Paulding, Georgia. I should hope the GBI would be all over this like white on rice.

• Like 1

The source is a study/survey conducted by the US Dept. of Justice, I assume under a grant of some sort.

Its methodology is based on survey instruments provided to a random sample of youth inmates in the facilities.

Here is a PDF of the report I found online. It distinctly says, as noted above, the facility in Paulding County Georgia.

juveniledetentionsexualex.pdf

As an aside, the regional director of the facility retired (officially) a month or so ago. I know this because he had suffered a heart attack while working and supervising the facilities in Cobb, Paulding and probably Douglas Counties.

What little discussion we had, and it was minimal, I got the impression that the challenges facing the management were exacerbated by severe cuts to resources because of cuts in the state budget.

pubby

I could name a few names in criminal acticity, and even cover up activity. I have seen court transcripts get changed right inside the courthouse, I didn't see who did it however, because it was behind closed doors.

I moved out of Paulding County, a few years back. :drinks:

Whoa Willie,, back up and say that again. You've seen court transcripts get changed right inside the courthouse but you didn't see who did it. How is that even possible?

And why did you NOT report the crime?

I didn't get the transcript until after it was changed. I went up and read it, and ordered a copy. My copy had been changed. I couldn't get a lawyer, and I had run out of money.

I gave it up, and moved out of the county. :drinks:

Paulding County has no connection to the YDC, it is a state run facility.

What difference does that make, U98! The Sheriff's Dept, is a Paulding County Facility. :pardon:

Staff member have done a good job at the YDC, in keeping youth on youth crime at bay, But, GD, the SOB's themselves are out of line. :unsure:

Edited by The Postman
  • Like 1

Like march4 stated, # 1 for Pauldinmg County regarding sexual misconduct by staff members at its Youth Detensiion Center

Percent of sexual victimization by youth-on-youth = 0.0%

Lower bound (youth-on-youth) = 0.0%

Upper bound (youth-on-youth) = 6.4%

NOW HERE'S THE SHOCK:

Staff sexual misconduct = 31.0%

Lower bound (staff misconduct) = 20.9%

Upper bound (staff misconduct) = 43.4%

Note: High-rate facilities are those in which the lower bound of the confidence interval is larger than 1.35 times the national average. Facilities housed males only unless otherwise noted.

aWeighted percentage of youth reporting one or more incidents of sexual victimization involving another youth in the past 12 months or since admission to the facility, if less than 12

months.

bWeighted percentage of youth reporting one or more incidents of sexual victimization involving facility staff in the past 12 months or since admission to the facility, if less than 12

months.

cFacility housed both males and females. Both were sampled at this facility.

Source: Bureau of Justice Statistics, National Survey of Youth in Custody, 2012.

Paulding County has no connection to the YDC, it is a state run facility.

:drinks:What difference does that make, U98! The Sheriff's Dept, is a Paulding County Facility. :pardon: Staff member have done a good job at the YDC, in keeping youth on youth crime at bay, But, GD, the SOB's themselves are out of line. :unsure:

It matters because the Sheriff of Paulding County has nothing to do with running the RYDC. It's a state facility. Run by state employees.

1370649394[/url]' post='3806581']

Like march4 stated, # 1 for Pauldinmg County regarding sexual misconduct by staff members at its Youth Detensiion Center

Percent of sexual victimization by youth-on-youth = 0.0%

Lower bound (youth-on-youth) = 0.0%

Upper bound (youth-on-youth) = 6.4%

NOW HERE'S THE SHOCK:

Staff sexual misconduct = 31.0%

Lower bound (staff misconduct) = 20.9%

Upper bound (staff misconduct) = 43.4%

Note: High-rate facilities are those in which the lower bound of the confidence interval is larger than 1.35 times the national average. Facilities housed males only unless otherwise noted.

aWeighted percentage of youth reporting one or more incidents of sexual victimization involving another youth in the past 12 months or since admission to the facility, if less than 12

months.

bWeighted percentage of youth reporting one or more incidents of sexual victimization involving facility staff in the past 12 months or since admission to the facility, if less than 12

months.

cFacility housed both males and females. Both were sampled at this facility.

Source: Bureau of Justice Statistics, National Survey of Youth in Custody, 2012.

I will donate $50 to the charity of your choice if you can tell me, without google, what this means.

Paulding was the highest percentage wise because it was the smallest of the 4 RYDC cited in the article of the AJC that are in Ga.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/state-regional/report-georgia-among-worst-for-sexual-assaults-on-/nYDzr/

While the Paulding detention center, which holds up to 75 boys and 25 girls, had the largest percentage with 29 teenage boys reporting staff sexual misconduct, the totals were larger at the other three facilities cited in the report. Eastman, which holds up to 330 boys, had the highest total with 116. Sumter, which holds up to 150 boys, saw 87 report abuse, and 51 reported abuse at Augusta, which holds up to 120 boys.

The other figures (which are based on RESPONSES, not inmate populations):

Eastman - 24.4%

Sumter - 20.8%

Augusta - 20.9%

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2013/06/06/juvenile-report.pdf

I would also note that the other three facilities are YDCs (larger by nature - fewer of them [7] and they house longer-term inmates...I call them the "kid prisons"). RYDCs are smaller and there are more of them (20).

http://www.djj.state.ga.us/FacilitiesPrograms/fpRYDCAndYDC.shtml

Good Luck !!!! :lol:

How the HELL did this get about me, You, especially need to get off my case gfh! :pardon:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Juvenile facilities with the highest rates of staff sexual victimization, by use of force, National Survey of Youth in Custody, 2012

13 facilities were in the count for the highest rates of staff sexual victimization, BY USE OF FORCE. It was a National suevey.

Paulding Reg. Youth Development Ctr, (GA)

Sumpter Youth Development Campus, (GA)

Eastman Youth Development Campus, (GA)

Agusta Youth Development Campus, (GA)

Correction Facility, Soioto, (OH)

Resident Treatment Center, Corsicana, (TX)

State Training center for boys, Eldora, (IA)

John G. Richards, (SC)

Arkansas Juv. Access Treatment Ctr, (AR)

Juvinile Correction Ctr, Cuyahoga Hills, (OH)

Beachwood, (SC)

Juvinile Correction Facility (OH)

Illomois Youth Ctr. Juliet, (IL)

GA gets 4 places out of 13. That's a pretty good average on forceable sexual

victimization by staff persons.

:huh:

Edited by The Postman

I have one question. WHO IS RAISING these juveniles????

Many by "parents" who are not far beyond being a juvenile themselves. And "parents" more concerned with begin their offsprings FRIEND rather than PARENT. The day we live in, unfortunately.

Do you think, perhaps, you should refrain from posting things to which you have no knowledge of?

Do you think perhaps it is none of your business, what the **** I post? . I copied and pasted from the PDF file, that in included in this line of posts and reoplies.

What difference does that make, U98! The Sheriff's Dept, is a Paulding County Facility. :pardon:

Staff member have done a good job at the YDC, in keeping youth on youth crime at bay, But, GD, the SOB's themselves are out of line. :unsure:

Do I need to repeat my statement in another language for you to understand? Once again, Paulding County government has no connection with the Youth Dentention Center which is ran by the Georgia Department of Juvenile Justice.

Do I need to repeat my statement in another language for you to understand? Once again, Paulding County government has no connection with the Youth Dentention Center which is ran by the Georgia Department of Juvenile Justice.

I don't care who runs it, it's in Paulding County; is it not?.

Are you sating the Paulding County Sheriff's Dept. has no jurisdiction against crime in that county?

Most Americans usually deal with law enforcement officials at the state and local levels. For example, each state has a state police force or department and a sheriff's department for each county (or "borough" in New York or "parish" in Louisiana). On top of that, practically every city, town, or village has a police force - whether it's made up of hundreds of officers or just one.

How do they all work together? As a general rule, each has authority or jurisdiction to enforce the laws of and within their state, county, or city. So, for instance, a state trooper in State Y doesn't have any authority to enforce State Y laws in State Z; a police officer in City A doesn't have jurisdiction to enforce City A laws in City B, even if A and B are in the same state.

Edited by The Postman

Many by "parents" who are not far beyond being a juvenile themselves. And "parents" more concerned with begin their offsprings FRIEND rather than PARENT. The day we live in, unfortunately.

Could be the system losing the kids not "helping" them become productive. Getting any services to help troubled kids is like pulling teeth in this county. If their parents suck, and the local programs suck....it doesn't mean "we" should throw them in a place to be raped and come out at the age of 18 unstable and uneducated. Pretty much sets them up for failure and future jail time.

You do know the juvy officers are big on charging kids for being with someone committing a crime. Lets say a kid drives a kid to Walmart, said kid gets in a fight, they both get the same charges.

Edited by overit
1370653449[/url]' post='3806614']

Do you think perhaps it is none of your business, what the **** I post? . I copied and pasted from the PDF file, that in included in this line of posts and reoplies.

You copied and pasted crap, as usual.

Your credibility is nonexistent because you don't even understand the crap you spew. The fact that you don't see a problem with this is concerning.

• Like 3

You copied and pasted crap, as usual.

Your credibility is nonexistent because you don't even understand the crap you spew. The fact that you don't see a problem with this is concerning.

Who do you think you are, my boss!

I don't have a boss, and thank GOD for that. Go jump in a lake, swollow a snake, and die with a belly ache wfal! :aggressive:

1370655074[/url]' post='3806624']

Who do you think you are, my boss!

I don't have a boss, and thank GOD for that. Go jump in a lake, swollow a snake, and die with a belly ache wfal! :aggressive:

You just had a very common psychological reaction to being in the wrong......getting angry and lashing out.

• Like 3

This is a very legitimate question The Postman. Are you really as stupid as you appear on p.com or do you just play the part? Maybe you are just an attention seeker?

Really, I have to hope and pray that you are just "playing the part."

• Like 2