Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
JessicaHouston

Babies in public pools

Babies in public pools  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Is it gross to allow babies to swim in public pools?

• Yes, its disgusting. They cant control their bowels
    • Never thought about it before and i dont care
    • Nah, put a swim diaper on em and throw 'em in

Help me out. I am thinking of taking my baby to swim in the neighborhood pool. I purchased the proper waterproof swimwear but i was curious as to if its gross. I know you have to assume that all kids pee in a pool but i was wondering if it was different with babies. please tell me what you think!

Help me out. I am thinking of taking my baby to swim in the neighborhood pool. I purchased the proper waterproof swimwear but i was curious as to if its gross. I know you have to assume that all kids pee in a pool but i was wondering if it was different with babies. please tell me what you think!

If it were a problem they would have signs that say "No babies" so go for it and let the baby have a blast. JMO

• Like 2

As long as you use the swim diaper no issues that u can think of. Go and enjoy your day! Hope to go on Friday myself.

My girls go to neighborhood pools, and I put them in swim diapers. My oldest is in the midst of potty training, and will actually get out of the water to pee. She won't go to the bathroom, but she runs over to the rocks or mulch and stands and pees. The swim diapers do nothing about holding in pee. However they do stop poop from floating out.

However, in the times I have had them in the pool I don't think they have ever pooped in a swim diaper. They usually wait until they are in dry diapers.

I'm pretty sure a lot of adults still pee in pools, so I'm not concerned.

Swim diapers are great if/when the parents are decent enough to change them every once in a while. They aren't supposed to hold everything for 8 straight hours.

Babies are one thing, but I don't swim in public pools because of the adults who are too lazy to get out and use the restroom to pee . Same thing goes for a public jacuzzi aka virus vat.

If there are waterproof diapers / swimsuits for babies then have a nice time at the pool.:)

Well poop on what they think, well, maybe not poop, you know what I mean, let the little one have a grand old time in the pool !!! :yahoo:

Swim diapers are great if/when the parents are decent enough to change them every once in a while. They aren't supposed to hold everything for 8 straight hours.

My daughter had been in her swim diaper for less than an hour, she got out of the pool and walked to the edge of the side walk and stood there with pee just running down her leg. There is no way that it was in need of being changed. I think the only real purpose of the swim diaper is to contain poo. And I think it's a bit against nature anyway to poop in water for kids. At least my kids.

Babies are one thing, but I don't swim in public pools because of the adults who are too lazy to get out and use the restroom to pee . Same thing goes for a public jacuzzi aka virus vat.

If there are waterproof diapers / swimsuits for babies then have a nice time at the pool.:)

NOTE: I do not pee in pools but having said that....pee is sterile and harmless.

How is a public any different than a pool at a hotel or resort?

It's not. Hotel and resort pools are gross too.

NOTE: I do not pee in pools but having said that....pee is sterile and harmless.

Humm, pee on he rocks with a twist if lime...:lol: sounds refreshing.

If they maintain the required chlorine levels, not much in the way of bacteria can live in it.

• Like 1

I don't think it's gross - the chlorine levels in most public pools are so high it burns your eyes. Pee is pretty much harmless at that point. My little man swims in a cloth diaper under a waterproof cover - he's never pooped in the pool and this is his third summer. Today, he even got out to pee (which he doesn't do at home, go figure).

I mucho prefer the half dozen cute little babies that were at the pool today than the couple dozen unattended 10-13 year olds acting like hooligans. wink.gif Take the baby and have fun!

• Like 5

Our 'hood pool was closed several times last year for a poop floater so it does happen and they shut it down for the day. But my thing is, those swimmy diapers aren't water tight so how is the poop floater any different than the water circulated around the poop in the diaper? :blink:

Like someone else above said, I can take the little ones all day long but the teens are a huge pain in the arse as well as most of the adults who think they are teens.... :)

Yes, babies in a public pool is gross. But all public pools are.

It's not the responsible parents that do everything right, it's the rednecks with the Marlboro hanging out their mouth telling the kid to just go away and leave them alone, they gotta catch up with the articles in Auto Trader.

• Like 2

Depends, If it is truly a baby I dont mind, but IF its a 10 year old that mom still feels the need to breastfeed in public and he/she still wears a diaper, GROSS!

I pee in the lake.

8)

the fish do too!

Depends, If it is truly a baby I dont mind, but IF its a 10 year old that mom still feels the need to breastfeed in public and he/she still wears a diaper, GROSS!

the fish do too!

There for a second I thought you was gonna talk about me... :rofl:

angry.gif A recent study showed there is a significant amount of fecal material in public pools. I feel a baby is a notable cause of this since they are most likely to pee or poo in anything they are wearing. In or out of a pool.

I say keep the kid in the kiddy pool with the kiddy poop.

The pool in my parents neighborhood requires the rubber/plastic diapers. As far as I can tell, the only purpose of the swimming diaper is that it doesn't bloat like a regular diaper when submerged in water. It doesn't offer protection from floaters or urine.

angry.gif A recent study showed there is a significant amount of fecal material in public pools. I feel a baby is a notable cause of this since they are most likely to pee or poo in anything they are wearing. In or out of a pool.

I say keep the kid in the kiddy pool with the kiddy poop.

Fecal matter can also come from people not properly cleaning after going to the bathroom. FYI, if you keep your toothbrush in your bathroom there's probably fecal matter on that too.

My 2 year old wears a swimmy at the pool but he's only in the big pool for maybe an hour or less all day. He's usually in the little pool and it gets dumped and refilled daily. Older kids are in the big pool all day and some I rarely see ever get out so it's those that I would worry about. Then there's the drunk adults.....

Its only a problem when the "parents" are not being parents. If you know your child and keep an eye on them so you can catch any potential floaters, that's fine. Its the ones who don't pay any attention that are the problem. I know Sara Babb was closed several times a few years ago because of "parents" who couldn't be bothered to change their children's diaper when they should have. I don't know if that is still a problem at that pool or not, we haven't been to Sara Babb in a couple of years because of this problem and the problem with older children.

Firstly, as gross as ot sounds urines is STERILE and actually drinkable. It has been ised as a teeth whitener and detergent to was with in ancient times. They actually had boys go around and collect ot in buckets for use later. And as mentioned the chlorine prettyuch cleans all that up anyway. The lil swimmers are great. Their sole purpose is to contain "big business". They do that well. You just have to keep an eye out for it amd your wife when it happens. Mine wanted to take my daughter to the pre swim shower are to c lean her up. I had to run over and stop her. Anyway children are even more prone than adults to sucumbing to the urge to urinate when you swim. They don't know any better.

I have a strong opinion about this. Now, granted, swimmy diapers might have come a long way in 16 years, but....

...we frequented Sun Valley Beach in the days it was open. If my son, then a baby, had only his bathing suit on then he was fine. He never went #1 or #2. If I put a swimmy diaper on him, he would always go #2. There was a policy at Sun Valley for all under 3 years old to wear the swimmy diapers. I told the managers that in my son's case, not having one on would be better for all. They would not change their policy.

When my son went #2, and it was a wet swimmy, it would seep out. I would immediately let the lifeguard know and leave. It happened 2x in a row and I knew that I couldn't take him swimming.

(He would die if he knew I was posting this)

I voted yes, it is disgusting. I don't know if anyone's child did the same thing or not. Totally gross!!

I have seen the pools at the condo in PCB closed numerous times because of babies in the pool. It's not fair to everybody else that goes there for it be be closed because of that.

There was a policy at Sun Valley for all under 3 years old to wear the swimmy diapers.

But what if they are already potty trained? My niece is 2 and potty trained.

Why would anyone put the baby in a big community pool? Don't they have kiddie pools for that?

I certainly don't want to share a pool with your kids poop! Yuk.