Paulding.com

Look for a refurbished one at Game Stop. I bought my son a Nintendo DS for christmas there three years ago for $50 less than the retail of a brand new one...ne never knew the difference.

Or Anything Joes if they are still open....

Back in the day, when I had a career in retail, I was asked to go this store to help straighten it out.

I told the area supervisor (the area supervisors were the top of the food chain just below the owners) that I wouldn't transfer because the rumor on the street was that store was going to close before the end of the year.

The supervisor assured me that the store was not scheduled to be closed.

In fact he gave me his word that it would stay open.

Well....nine months later, after we received word that we were to close in two weeks, this supervisor came to meet with me.

After I told him I didn't appreciate being lied to, he responded that he understood how I felt, because he had been lied to and told that the store would not be closed.

That is when I learned that a company will tell their people anything but the truth, when they have plans to close or sell the company.

Like was said, the people who work in the store will be the last one's to know.

ETA I have no idea what is going on with Best Buy

• Like 2

Back in the day, when I had a career in retail, I was asked to go this store to help straighten it out.

I told the area supervisor (the area supervisors were the top of the food chain just below the owners) that I wouldn't transfer because the rumor on the street was that store was going to close before the end of the year.

The supervisor assured me that the store was not scheduled to be closed.

In fact he gave me his word that it would stay open.

Well....nine months later, after we received word that we were to close in two weeks, this supervisor came to meet with me.

After I told him I didn't appreciate being lied to, he responded that he understood how I felt, because he had been lied to and told that the store would not be closed.

That is when I learned that a company will tell their people anything but the truth, when they have plans to close or sell the company.

Like was said, the people who work in the store will be the last one's to know.

ETA I have no idea what is going on with Best Buy

Agreed.

Was it the one in Dallas?? :o

Oh please Lord no!!!!

I did hear that Fred's closed.

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!!!When?? :pardon:

Was it the one in Dallas?? :o

Agreed.Oh please Lord no!!!!

I think Imma be sick...I loved that store! Say it ain't so!!! :sobbing:

:D

I could understand if they did close. I haven't been in there in several years because of the

prices compared to other places. Most of the time I just use Amazon as it is cheaper

and I don't have to fight the Hiram traffic. As for computer parts there are much cheaper

places either Newegg online or Microcenter in Marietta.

• Like 1

Best Buy has been having trouble for a while and their demise has been predicted for a couple of years now. It's been on the list of stores to close along with JCP for about a year now.

They suffer from poor, misinformed customer service and online sales are beating the socks off of them.

Just Tuesday was a bad stock day for Best Buy.

Best Buy reports loss amid plans to sell European venture and close stores

Electronics retailer sees shares lose 5% in midday trading, despite adjusted earnings beating Wall Street expectations

Associated Press in Minneapolis

guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 21 May 2013 17.09 EDT

Best Buy Co on Tuesday reported a loss for its fiscal first quarter, as it planned to sell its stake in Best Buy Europe and worked on a turnaround plan that includes cutting costs and closing some stores.

The company's adjusted earnings beat Wall Street expectations, as cost cuts helped offset tough pricing competition during the quarter. Nonetheless, shares fell 5% in midday trading.

Best Buy has been working on a turnaround plan as it faces increased competition from online retailers and discount stores. The plan includes closing stores, cutting costs and investing in training for employees. In April, it also said it would sell its 50% stake in its European joint venture, in order to streamline its business and strengthen its balance sheet.

source

You don't visit p.comland very often do ya??????????

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fred's closing is a HUGE and ONGOING joke on here. Right up there with the "tunnels" .

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah I've noticed that too. I guess I wasn't frequenting Pcom during that bit and missed it. So I don't get it either. :pardon:

Has anyone had strange things happen at BB? I normally don't go there but I wanted to touch and feel the GPS I was looking at. So I bought it. The charge showed up on my card. Next day another charge showed up for near triple the cost. Turns out 2 hours after my purchase "someone" ordered a camera, bag and SD card online from Best Buy. Of course I suspect someone at the store.

Yes I have already contacted Best Buy, will be filing a police report, disputed the charge and canceled my credit card.

Has anyone had strange things happen at BB? I normally don't go there but I wanted to touch and feel the GPS I was looking at. So I bought it. The charge showed up on my card. Next day another charge showed up for near triple the cost. Turns out 2 hours after my purchase "someone" ordered a camera, bag and SD card online from Best Buy. Of course I suspect someone at the store.

Yes I have already contacted Best Buy, will be filing a police report, disputed the charge and canceled my credit card.

I have bought quite a bit from there and never had an issue.... :pardon:

I tried using that story on my wife, she didn't buy it.

:)

I hope they get the ******** that did that.

Cancelled your credit card?? Was it a Best Buy card?? I also, have been doing business with BB fro many, many years and have never had a problem such as this.

I sure hope Best Buy doesn't close. Hubby is the kind of person when he wants something, he wants it right then and does not want to order off line because he has to wait. He can only find certain things at Best Buy that Walmart and other stores does not carry.