Paulding.com

Okay Pcom docs.....

Or if you stayed a holiday in last night.....

Y'all know I been sick, well now this afternoon my right ear is stopped up!

It's been fine all day and in the last hour has stopped up,

Just slight pain now and that may be because I tried putting peroxide in it. (Which didn't help by the way)

Suggestions?

(Yes, I know.....go to doc. And I may very well have to.)

Just slight pain now and that may be because I tried putting peroxide in it. (Which didn't help by the way)

Suggestions?

Take the pad of your thumb and roll it around in the hollow behind your ear lobe. If my Eustachian tubes get clogged, I can "massage" them and get the tube to drain and take the pressure out of my ear.

Suggestions?

No fair answering your own questions.

• Like 1

Cough drops.

Breakfast of champions.

I've bought and taken so much OTC cold medicine, Kroger probably thinks we are making meth in the basement.

I am single handedly causing the rise in the stock price of Kleenex and Hall's cough drops.

And now it's affecting my ears which is screwing with my balance!!!!

Finally broke down and made doc appointment for this afternoon.

Papi's driving me. With my balance all screwy, I'm not sure I'd be good to drive myself.

Never hurts to keep some ear candles on hand. They used to sell them at the Ingles pharmacy but you can usually get them online or in holistic type health/vitamin stores. Some people swear by them. They do seem to help us some. You will need to use two or three on the ear that has issues IF the issue is extra wax being produced. You can also get drops to put in afterwards so that your eardrums still have some protection.? Anyway, it's been around forever. Never heard of any side effects from it. Worth a try.

It could be a sinus infection.

Hope he makes you feel better soon!!

Thanks.

I just hope he can give me something to clear up the congestion, ear blocked up and the coughing!

I can't sleep at night for the coughing!!

Never hurts to keep some ear candles on hand. They used to sell them at the Ingles pharmacy but you can usually get them online or in holistic type health/vitamin stores. Some people swear by them. They do seem to help us some. You will need to use two or three on the ear that has issues IF the issue is extra wax being produced. You can also get drops to put in afterwards so that your eardrums still have some protection.? Anyway, it's been around forever. Never heard of any side effects from it. Worth a try.

Good advice. thanks.

A good decongestant should help. When you have fluid behind your ear drum, its snot. Gross as hell. Not much you can do from the outside, as the eardrum isn't permeable. Gotta treat it from the inside.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!

PS...drink lots of water if you take a decongestant. It will seriously dry you up...

A good decongestant should help. When you have fluid behind your ear drum, its snot. Gross as hell. Not much you can do from the outside, as the eardrum isn't permeable. Gotta treat it from the inside.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!

PS...drink lots of water if you take a decongestant. It will seriously dry you up...

Thanks.

No decongestant I've taken is working worth a flip so I'm hoping doc can give me something better.

Drinking LOTS of water. The ice cold water feels good on my poor sore raw throat.

Cough drops.

Breakfast of champions.

I've bought and taken so much OTC cold medicine, Kroger probably thinks we are making meth in the basement.

I am single handedly causing the rise in the stock price of Kleenex and Hall's cough drops.

And now it's affecting my ears which is screwing with my balance!!!!

Finally broke down and made doc appointment for this afternoon.

Papi's driving me. With my balance all screwy, I'm not sure I'd be good to drive myself.

Please let us know what they say, I have the same thing.

Thanks, and hope you get to feeling better.

Take some Jeremiah Peabody, poly unsaturated, quick dissolving, fast acting, and pleasant tasting green and purple pills, Blondy! .

Ray Stevens - Jeremiah's Peabody's Poly Unsaturated Quick ...

Edited by The Postman

Well, what did he say.............

Beats the hell outta me. :pardon:

Thanks.

No decongestant I've taken is working worth a flip so I'm hoping doc can give me something better.

Drinking LOTS of water. The ice cold water feels good on my poor sore raw throat.

How did doc appt. go? Hope he was able to give you some medicine to make you feel better. :wub:

Just got home.

Severe Sinus infection.

10 days of Augumentin and a cough syrup with codeine at night to help me sleep.

Mucinex and robotissin during day, with antibiotic of course, so I can stay awake for work.

Papi's already getting sore throat and coughing more and the girl child is already relapsing, so I imagine they will be going to doc for antibiotics too.

Looks like we are in for another 2 weeks a least to shake this.

Groan........

Edited by Blondiega1

Just got home.

Severe Sinus infection.

Mucinex and robotissin during day, with antibiotic of course, so I can stay awake for work.

Papi's already getting sore throat and coughing more and the girl child is already relapsing, so I imagine they will be going to doc for antibiotics too.

Groan........

Get well soon.

Just a curious question here:

You have been using new toothbrushes everyday, right?

Seriously.....people tend to stay sick because they keep using the same toothbrush daily.

I always go to the dollar store and buy about 15 cheap toothbrushes so I can toss them in the trash after 1 use and I get better faster.

Just a thought.

Get well soon.

Seriously.....people tend to stay sick because they keep using the same toothbrush daily.

I always go to the dollar store and buy about 15 cheap toothbrushes so I can toss them in the trash after 1 use and I get better faster.

Just a thought.

Never thought of that!

Maybe one of us needs to buck up and go to store!

• Like 1

Have Papi call my mother and have him tell her your symtoms over the phone.

While my mother has no medical training, did not finish high school (had to go to work picking cotton), nor did she stay in a Holiday Inn Express; she thinks she can diagnose anyone's medical problem, without ever seeing or speaking to that person, over the phone just by hearing their symptons.

Weird thing is, she is right around 90% of the time.

Have Papi call my mother and have him tell her your symtoms over the phone.

While my mother has no medical training, did not finish high school (had to go to work picking cotton), nor did she stay in a Holiday Inn Express; she thinks she can diagnose anyone's medical problem, without ever seeing or speaking to that person, over the phone just by hearing their symptons.

Weird thing is, she is right around 90% of the time.

mama's just have that gift! :)

K, now that you know for sure that it is a sinus infection, add this to your bag of tricks.

Wet a facecloth, put it in the microwave for, like 40 seconds, get it as hot as you can stand it. Lay down and put the hot towel across your sinus and nose across your face and keep it there untill the towel is no longer warm. I promise it will help melt that crud.

Hope you feel better.

K, now that you know for sure that it is a sinus infection, add this to your bag of tricks.

Wet a facecloth, put it in the microwave for, like 40 seconds, get it as hot as you can stand it. Lay down and put the hot towel across your sinus and nose across your face and keep it there untill the towel is no longer warm. I promise it will help melt that crud.

Hope you feel better.

Be willing to try it if it will help my ear too!

Be willing to try it if it will help my ear too!

Maybe put the towel across the side of your neck and use an ear candle? Not sure about how, or if, that would help.

I KNOW the hot towel across your face helps.

I'm sorry you're miserable.....it will get better.

Told ya it was a sinus infection. :p

My mother used to get them all the time, she would get so sick and wait about going to the doctor. I Finally convinced her to keep all meds on hand and start taking them as soon as she knew it was coming on.

The anitibiotics will kick ass soon and you'll start to feel better.

And the toothbrush thing is true, especially after a cold or flu you need to get a new one.

Just got home.

Severe Sinus infection.

Groan........

[/quote

change or sterilize your toothbrushes or you will relapse.

Get well soon.

Just a thought.

Stick your toothbrush in the microwave once a week or more often if you're sick, it'll kill any germs.

Thanks for the toothbrush advice.

I finally got some sleep right now and feel a little less dead today.

I also kind of shocked my system with antibiotics.

The augumentin is every 12 hrs.

Well I took one when we got home yesterday at 6-ish, then one before bed, and then again this morning.

So 3 close together.

I'll take the next one tonight before bed and be on schedule from there.

Edited by Blondiega1

Thanks for the toothbrush advice.

I finally got some sleep right now and feel a little less dead today.

I also kind of shocked my system with antibiotics.

The augumentin is every 12 hrs.

Well I took one when we got home yesterday at 6-ish, then one before bed, and then again this morning.

So 3 close together.

I'll take the next one tonight before bed and be on schedule from there.

Glad you got some sleep, feel better! :wub: