Paulding.com

Student Yells At Teacher About Her Teaching Methods

It appeared to be a special class but it didn't show what the teacher did to get this lecture.

I have had teachers that bored me and that I disagreed with but I was taught to be respectful of elders and teachers.

From what I saw, the young man need a serious spanking.

• Like 3

The kid is a kid and he was kicked out of class.

I'd have to be in the class to know if his criticism of the class were true.

While his use of bowdlerized language showed a bit of passion as well as restraint, the lack of a response from the teacher is really restrained as well as appropriate.

But he is not a hero; he's just another kid caught up in a factory-style school and is rebelling against the Pavlovian principals are being taught.

Tuesday night PBS teamed with TED talks for an hour exploring the need for innovation in education because, frankly, what we're doing now is failing the kids.

One of the most inspiring of the talks was by a fellow who has a charter-like school that has graduated 100 percent of its students and 100 percent of them have been admitted to college for something like the last fifteen years. Oh, and this school is in a black working class neighborhood in Harlem.

The messages of this guy - he's a PHD - and the student are similar in their frustration.

Here's that video.

pubby

Here is another Ted talk that I saw, in truncated form, on the PBS special (They edited the items down to about six or seven minutes for the PBS broadcast.)

The topic for the special 'event' on PBS was to bring talkers like those TED is famous for to use them to spur a national discussion of education. There are a lot more of these on the TED.com site.

The topic here is that the greatest determinant of success not just in school but in life is that character trait summed up simply as grit.

It is a worthwhile way to spend some time. Enjoy:

pubby

However, on the topic brought up by the kid, this next piece is possibly the most on-target of the three Ted Talks in the show to address the frustration.

The speaker, a woman with 40 years teaching experience, explores the simple notion that kids don't learn well from teachers they don't like.

I think we can all agree the kid in the post that Newsjunky posted didn't like that teacher. We could even surmise that the reason he didn't like her is that she was making no real effort to do much beyond passing out the 'daily packet.'

Here's the video:

The only motivation I have is to keep my kids out of government schools. If teachers are being protected by unions even when they suck I dont want my kids there. The government is a failure in most aspects so why would i trust them with my most precious children. I would work 5 jobs to keep my kids out of government schools...... And by the way Pubby, this kid exercised the right to free speech. why was he kicked out of class. You said in Government schools constitutional rights are protected and you can drop F bombs on kindergarteners and teach shirtless without being fired. What gives?

If all she did was pass out packets the kids parents should have had some serious discussions with the Administration. I feel for the kid but I also know we don't have all of the story. I hope more comes out about this.

The is no excuse for what this kid did. None at all. He should have had a boot up his ass helping him out of the school, but with how he acted I bet he has parents that are so proud of him. Bad lazy parents.

• Like 2

The only motivation I have is to keep my kids out of government schools. If teachers are being protected by unions even when they suck I dont want my kids there. The government is a failure in most aspects so why would i trust them with my most precious children. I would work 5 jobs to keep my kids out of government schools...... And by the way Pubby, this kid exercised the right to free speech. why was he kicked out of class. You said in Government schools constitutional rights are protected and you can drop F bombs on kindergarteners and teach shirtless without being fired. What gives?

First I have been in both public and private schools. The individual educators made the difference. The financial organization had little to no impact. You find good and bad teachers everywhere. Your are welcome to exercise your choice in regard private school.

Where I object is your wholesale condemnation of public schools. If you were to average public schools vs. private schools overall, there is little or no difference.

Regardless, our grand fathers to great-great grandfathers intuitively knew that a free public education was a responsibility of government that is necessary for the perpetuation of the society ... unless of course your goal is to turn the US into a third world country like those in Africa or south America that are dominated by a small plutocracy (Which for all intents and purposes seems to be where the most reactionary elements in today society seem to be headed, IMO. Certainly there is more evidence for that than right-wing Benghazi conspiracies that are said to be ten times ten times Watergate.)

I think the video's above point to a basic conservatism in the way education is administered that simply seeks to avoid change.

As far as the kid, yes, he was kicked out of class for disrupting the class. That shouldn't imply that he was suspended or barred from school.

The big difference in the school flag stomping case and this is not a possible violation of the constitutional rights of the student but the real measure and barrier to justice in these United States of America. That difference is lawyers and litigation.

I don't figure the kid's parents - he looks to be approaching college age - would relish spending ten or twenty thousand dollars in legal fees to preserve his kids' constitutional rights in this case, if, indeed, they were violated. The kid had the option of sitting at his desk and writing a memo to the teacher concisely expressing his feelings on the matter without disrupting the class and while not following the teachers lesson plan. He could have, before the next class started, distributed the memo to all the students in the class urging them to sit quietly that day and simply refuse to open the 'packet' until the teacher engaged them and answered the questions and concerns brought up by the memo. (This communication strategy, BTW, invokes that time-honored strategy in negotiation which states, he who speaks first loses.)

The plain fact is that government, schools and other public institutions often and often without thought violate the constitutional rights of citizens. If we were to go through the 3.75 million posts on pcom I'm sure we could identify dozens and dozens of cases where, if there was enough money, the principals of the constitution or even specific statutes would force federal, state or local governments to reverse their decisions.

One of my pet peeves is the commission which passed a county ordinance barring group home facilities of any kind in Paulding except on parcels greater than three acres and then only with a rigorous permit which is routinely denied by the planning board and commission.

This situation is summed up in a bit of advice former commission chairman Johnny Helms related he got from then Speaker Tom Murphy. "Johnny," he said, "Do what you want to do until a Superior Court judge tells you different."

What I don't think even the Speaker didn't count on is a willingness by the county to spend millions in legal fees to avoid cases challenging their decisions to ever get to court.

pubby

I want to know what he did before his lecture. He had obviously had already been kicked out of the class. The student was trying very hard not to curse and at one point he say B*@#h..

The teacher stayed very calm. I was shocked at how calm she was. The kid should have gotten in trouble for talking to the teacher that way. If every student did that it would be terrible. The teachers already have a hard time with what they can do to punish the students.

She is probably one of the bitter teachers that is tired of all the furlows (miss spelled I Know) and pay cuts. The teachers now, really take a beating and can't really teach anything but to test. I really feel so sorry for teachers..

Edited by orrby

I say good for the kid. He was sick and tired of the teacher not teaching and just being handing out a packet and having to do it himself. But on one hand it is good to try to figure it out, but if she isn't helping the student, when they get stuck then she is just lazy. Then she is the problem. Some teachers NOT ALL OF THEM are lazy. Paulding county, has awesome teachers, that get so involved and get right into it. One of those teachers comes on this board. When we went to school, we had books, the teacher always taught at the beginning of a new chapter and then we were on our own, then test, then so on.... The only thing I didn't care for was the colorful language, he could have made his point without the swearing!!

• Like 2

First I have been in both public and private schools. The individual educators made the difference. The financial organization had little to no impact. You find good and bad teachers everywhere. Your are welcome to exercise your choice in regard private school.

Where I object is your wholesale condemnation of public schools. If you were to average public schools vs. private schools overall, there is little or no difference.

Regardless, our grand fathers to great-great grandfathers intuitively knew that a free public education was a responsibility of government that is necessary for the perpetuation of the society ... unless of course your goal is to turn the US into a third world country like those in Africa or south America that are dominated by a small plutocracy (Which for all intents and purposes seems to be where the most reactionary elements in today society seem to be headed, IMO. Certainly there is more evidence for that than right-wing Benghazi conspiracies that are said to be ten times ten times Watergate.)

I think the video's above point to a basic conservatism in the way education is administered that simply seeks to avoid change.

As far as the kid, yes, he was kicked out of class for disrupting the class. That shouldn't imply that he was suspended or barred from school.

The big difference in the school flag stomping case and this is not a possible violation of the constitutional rights of the student but the real measure and barrier to justice in these United States of America. That difference is lawyers and litigation.

I don't figure the kid's parents - he looks to be approaching college age - would relish spending ten or twenty thousand dollars in legal fees to preserve his kids' constitutional rights in this case, if, indeed, they were violated. The kid had the option of sitting at his desk and writing a memo to the teacher concisely expressing his feelings on the matter without disrupting the class and while not following the teachers lesson plan. He could have, before the next class started, distributed the memo to all the students in the class urging them to sit quietly that day and simply refuse to open the 'packet' until the teacher engaged them and answered the questions and concerns brought up by the memo. (This communication strategy, BTW, invokes that time-honored strategy in negotiation which states, he who speaks first loses.)

The plain fact is that government, schools and other public institutions often and often without thought violate the constitutional rights of citizens. If we were to go through the 3.75 million posts on pcom I'm sure we could identify dozens and dozens of cases where, if there was enough money, the principals of the constitution or even specific statutes would force federal, state or local governments to reverse their decisions.

One of my pet peeves is the commission which passed a county ordinance barring group home facilities of any kind in Paulding except on parcels greater than three acres and then only with a rigorous permit which is routinely denied by the planning board and commission.

This situation is summed up in a bit of advice former commission chairman Johnny Helms related he got from then Speaker Tom Murphy. "Johnny," he said, "Do what you want to do until a Superior Court judge tells you different."

What I don't think even the Speaker didn't count on is a willingness by the county to spend millions in legal fees to avoid cases challenging their decisions to ever get to court.

pubby

IF you have been in both and you do not know the difference then the so called private school you went to must have really really sucked.

I want to know what he did before his lecture. He had obviously had already been kicked out of the class. The student was trying very hard not to curse and at one point he say B*@#h..

The teacher stayed very calm. I was shocked at how calm she was. The kid should have gotten in trouble for talking to the teacher that way. If every student did that it would be terrible. The teachers already have a hard time with what they can do to punish the students.

She is probably one of the bitter teachers that is tired of all the furlows (miss spelled I Know) and pay cuts. The teachers now, really take a beating and can't really teach anything but to test. I really feel so sorry for teachers..

If you listen closely at the beginning, it sounded like he used the F-bomb when he first gets up from his desk.

I say good for the kid. He was sick and tired of the teacher not teaching and just being handing out a packet and having to do it himself. But on one hand it is good to try to figure it out, but if she isn't helping the student, when they get stuck then she is just lazy. Then she is the problem. Some teachers NOT ALL OF THEM are lazy. Paulding county, has awesome teachers, that get so involved and get right into it. One of those teachers comes on this board. When we went to school, we had books, the teacher always taught at the beginning of a new chapter and then we were on our own, then test, then so on.... The only thing I didn't care for was the colorful language, he could have made his point without the swearing!!

Not shocked at all that you would say good for the brat.

The is no excuse for what this kid did. None at all. He should have had a boot up his ass helping him out of the school, but with how he acted I bet he has parents that are so proud of him. Bad lazy parents.

His mother is an educator with 40 years of classroom experience. She is proud of him, but my guess is that she's not a lazy parent.

The kid faced no disciplinary action, and the teacher is on paid administrative leave pending an internal investigation.

• Like 5

Not shocked at all that you would say good for the brat.

Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine!!! I don't care if you are shocked or not! My opinion!!! Carry on my wayward son/daughter!!!!

IF you have been in both and you do not know the difference then the so called private school you went to must have really really sucked.

My college alma mater was Hendrix College in Conway, AR and it is a highly selective school. Look it up in US News and World Report.

I had a summer session at Baylor School for Boys while in High School because of the conflicts I had with a public school teacher (who gave me a D in sophomore English) and kicked me out of class two or three times for being a smart ass. I made that course up in summer school at Baylor in Chattanooga and admittedly, the teacher there was better than the first year teacher in my local public school. He had about 35 years more experience than that no-so-bright woman. The Baylor school teacher, in fact, had taught my father English when he was in public schools a generation earlier. (That teacher is why I was sent there.) But I had good teachers at both schools.

At the college level, you choose your teachers in your area. I was smart enough to avoid the bad one's at the private school and chose the good one's at the state colleges I attended in the summers. Perfection eludes all institutions as well as all individuals - but you know that.

pubby

I look forward to the day when the little douche gets his teeth knocked down his throat. Maybe the kid has a point, but this is certainly the wrong way to go about it. However, this is an isolated recording and I wonder if this kid decided to show his ass because he knew it was being recorded. Do people know if this student is a chronic complainer who thrives on disrupting class on a daily basis? Is the class so poorly behaved, the only thing the teacher can do is give packets. Do people know if the teacher tried to come up with exciting lessons only to have the little bastard complain about them as well? This video answers none of these questions, but I guarantee if the teacher ripped this punk a new asshole, they would be fired. I've always told students if they have a problem with what I'm doing, come speak to me privately and I'll be glad to discuss it with them. I also try to speak with a student privately, to avoid embarrassing them if possible. I haven't always succeeded but with age I've calmed down but I let students know if you don't like being dressed down in front of the class, don't do it to me. Respect works both ways.

• Like 2

Oh he just needs some drugs. He has some kind of something wrong with him. Somebody QUICK get some drugs into him, so he will fall right into line with all the other kids. After all isn't that the answer for EVERYTHING? 8)

How refreshing to see a kid who can think for himself. I know the teacher hates that.

• Like 1

The kid was definitely disrespectful and could have handled that situation better than he did. But the message is still the same and I don't fault him for speaking his mind about his education. If some of the teachers I had when I was in school were a little more passionate and actually cared that their students succeeded, then maybe I would have made better grades in school.

I think education is the most important thing in this country and it should be given more of a priority than what it is currently. It seems to have fallen by the wayside and that needs to change.

Way back when we were in school 50 or so years ago we students didn't get to voice our opinions.

I remember Mrs. Dean and her husband Principal Dean walking the halls with their customized paddles waiting for someone to step out of line.

Funny thing is Mrs. Dean was recently mentioned on Facebook with great respect.

Those days are gone forever and will never return. I wonder how the kids in school today will remember their teachers 50 years from now?

I look forward to the day when the little douche gets his teeth knocked down his throat. Maybe the kid has a point, but this is certainly the wrong way to go about it. However, this is an isolated recording and I wonder if this kid decided to show his ass because he knew it was being recorded. Do people know if this student is a chronic complainer who thrives on disrupting class on a daily basis? Is the class so poorly behaved, the only thing the teacher can do is give packets. Do people know if the teacher tried to come up with exciting lessons only to have the little bastard complain about them as well? This video answers none of these questions, but I guarantee if the teacher ripped this punk a new asshole, they would be fired. I've always told students if they have a problem with what I'm doing, come speak to me privately and I'll be glad to discuss it with them. I also try to speak with a student privately, to avoid embarrassing them if possible. I haven't always succeeded but with age I've calmed down but I let students know if you don't like being dressed down in front of the class, don't do it to me. Respect works both ways.

Nice. :wacko:

• Like 1

He doesn't want to be idolized. :huh:

I'm just jealous of his hair.

What he doesn't know, is that God only gives you so much hair for a lifetime.

Like him, I had great hair in my teens and like him, I wasted it all in my teens.

That is why my hair is....well....let's just say not so great, today.

I think the kid acted like a mature kid. He still acted like a kid but at the same time you could tell he held back while trying to get an important message across. Most kids wouldn't say anything even if they were thinking the same thing or they wouldn't really care enough in the first place. Yes he was disrespectful in some ways but I don't know what else he had already done prior to this video (not just that day but previously) to make his point. He seemed frustrated and passionate. I find it refreshing in that he cared about learning. I bet he and his classmates talked about this class and he just happened to be the one to stand up and say something. I'm sure this wasn't the first time something had been said to this teacher by him. Maybe he's made polite requests that have gone ignored.

My kids have had some awesome teachers. They have also had a few that clearly did not want to be teaching anymore and were there because it's their job and how they make a living. I don't doubt that at one time it was their passion but I believe we all can burn out in our chosen careers at times. Teaching just happens to be one of those jobs where it affects more than just yourself. I don't blame the teacher. Life can be hard and sometimes it is all you can do to just get through the day.

• Like 5

Just a warning leave my kids out of it. Paulding is a very small world and can get a lot smaller.

Wow!!! I can understand where you are coming from, but you didn't have to publicly threaten her!! Everyone will protect their children no matter what, but SOLO you need to chill...!!!!!

• Like 3

The kids frustration had clearly been building, he stated that. He expressed his feelings, I believe in the only way he knew how to. He has some very valid points. Everyone does not learn the same. There are teachers, not all, who just shove packets at them or put assignments on the board and tell the students to do them. No instruction or anything. I've been in the schools and I've seen a couple of cases of this. I've seen kids in these classrooms get very frustrated and upset because they need help and no one will give it to them. They resort to not working at all because they get so far behind and overwhelmed that they feel, why bother. Looks like the kids are in a special ed. room and special Ed is a term I use loosely. They group every kid who struggles under one umbrella, special Ed. They don't separate the ones who throw desks across the room and can't or wont work from the ones who are just struggling, quiet, well behaved, and are trying. I've seen it with my own eyes. Very, very sad. These kids get frustrated just like everyone else. They're viable human beings who are capable of so much if they could get a little help in these classrooms. I'm not blaming all of the educators, they have to deal with over crowding and can only be spread so far. I have also seen cases where this was far, far from the case too. An example of this would be inclusion classes or small group.

I understand that it's not the school's sole responsibility, it's also the parents. I can tell you that from my experience, there are a whole helluva lot of parents who aren't involved. Not the kids fault. What's the answer, I don't know. All I know is that I see the kid in this video has had it, and reached his breaking point. There has to be some validity in what he's saying or the teacher would not be under investigation. You can say that's standard practice all you want, but it's not. The times where I've been in a classroom where a student was CLEARLY in the wrong, they have been disciplined every time. I'm glad he spoke up. He may not have went about it the right way but he may not possess the skill of voicing his opinion in the correct manner. He obviously felt very compelled to speak out. The important thing to me is that he may very well get some help now. He may help other students as well, at least now it's being talked about. So many think that kids who struggle are just throw away kids, they're not! They just need a little more time to do things, maybe have a test read to them, taken to a room to work with little to no people in it, there are lots of ways to help.

I have a learning disabled child and I have worked with him from day one. He is now a sophomore and on his way to being a junior. That's thanks to the wonderful educators he's had who were always more than willing to work with him and me. I think a key point is having the parents involved so that the teacher, parent, and kid can all work together. Well, in a perfect world, wouldn't that be great! Well, guess what? World's not perfect. The kids who do not have the luxury of having parents at home to help them shouldn't have to suffer for that, IT"S NOT THEIR FAULT!

TJB, are there any aspects of your teaching career that you enjoy? Was there ever a time you enjoyed your career? I'm just asking a sincere question. What has happened to get you to this point because I know many educators, a few in my family who are really feeling burned out for a myriad of reasons.

Why do you feel like it's ok to wish this "douchebags" teeth be knocked out? Do you know him personally? Just asking.

Edited by dana
  • Like 3

The kids frustration had clearly been building, he stated that. He expressed his feelings, I believe in the only way he knew how to. He has some very valid points. Everyone does not learn the same. There are teachers, not all, who just shove packets at them or put assignments on the board and tell the students to do them. No instruction or anything. I've been in the schools and I've seen a couple of cases of this. I've seen kids in these classrooms get very frustrated and upset because they need help and no one will give it to them. They resort to not working at all because they get so far behind and overwhelmed that they feel, why bother. Looks like the kids are in a special ed. room and special Ed is a term I use loosely. They group every kid who struggles under one umbrella, special Ed. They don't separate the ones who throw desks across the room and can't or wont work from the ones who are just struggling, quiet, well behaved, and are trying. I've seen it with my own eyes. Very, very sad. These kids get frustrated just like everyone else they're viable human beings who are capable of so much if they could get a little help in these classrooms. I'm not blaming all of the educators, they have to deal with over crowding and can only be spread so far. I have also seen cases where this was far, far from the case too. An example of this would be inclusion classes or small group.

I understand that it's not the school's sole responsibility, it's also the parents. I can tell you that from my experience, there are a whole helluva lot of parents who aren't involved. Not the kids fault. What's the answer, I don't know. All I know is that I see the kid in this video has had it, and reached his breaking point. There has to be some validity in what he's saying or the teacher would not be under investigation. You can say that's standard practice all you want, but it's not. The times where I've been in a classroom where a student was CLEARLY in the wrong, they have been disciplined every time. I'm glad he spoke up. He may not have went about it the right way but he may not possess the skill of voicing his opinion in the correct manner. He obviously felt very compelled to speak out. The important thing to me is that he may very well get some help now. He may help other students as well, at least now it's being talked about. So many think that kids who struggle are just throw away kids, they're not! They just need a little more time to do things, maybe have a test read to them, taken to a room to work with little to no people in it, there are lots of ways to help.

I have a learning disabled child and I have worked with him from day one. He is now a sophomore and on his way to being a junior. That's thanks to the wonderful educators he's had who were always more than willing to work with him and me. I think a key point is having the parents involved so that the teacher, parent, and kid can all work together. Well, in a perfect world, wouldn't that be great! Well, guess what? World's not perfect. The kids who do not have the luxury of having parents at home to help them shouldn't have to suffer for that, IT"S NOT THEIR FAULT!

TJB, are there any aspects of your teaching career that you enjoy? Was there ever a time you enjoyed your career? I'm just asking a sincere question. What has happened to get you to this point because I know many of many educators, a few in my family who are really feeling burned out for a myriad of reasons.

Why do you feel like it's ok to wish this "douchebags" teeth be knocked out? Do you know him personally? Just asking.

I don't know if the class was a special ed setting or not. The video of the interview of the kid with his mother, who is also a teacher, suggests that there was parental involvement.

The problems of education were discussed in the first video by the guy in the TED Education seminar. It went roughly like this. We had problems 50 years ago with kids dropping out and failing in their education. What did we do about it? Nothing. What are we doing about it? Nothing.

The point is that excellence in education is not an average kind of thing. Every minute in every class in every life can either be good, interesting, engaging, exciting, pleasant or joyful or boring, boring, boring, unrelated, absurd and boring.

One could make the case that the latter is torture under the fourth amendment and therefore unconstitutional ... and that is why the kids video has gained resonance.

pubby

PS: I'm jealous of his hair too :)

I don't know if the class was a special ed setting or not. The video of the interview of the kid with his mother, who is also a teacher, suggests that there was parental involvement.

The problems of education were discussed in the first video by the guy in the TED Education seminar. It went roughly like this. We had problems 50 years ago with kids dropping out and failing in their education. What did we do about it? Nothing. What are we doing about it? Nothing.

The point is that excellence in education is not an average kind of thing. Every minute in every class in every life can either be good, interesting, engaging, exciting, pleasant or joyful or boring, boring, boring, unrelated, absurd and boring.

One could make the case that the latter is torture under the fourth amendment and therefore unconstitutional ... and that is why the kids video has gained resonance.

pubby

PS: I'm jealous of his hair too :)

I do understand what your saying and I appreciate it. I didn't even watch the second video, I was addressing the one with the kid in it. I was giving my opinion based on experiences I've had in the school setting.

I too, am jealous of the hair. :)

Edited by dana

I also like freedom of speech, DhKy, and I agree with you. Nevertheless, some people don't want to learn things from a more realistic standopoint.

Conservatives, who also like their freedom of speech, are old fashion for the most part. They believe things like cheaters never win, the early bird catches the worm, and doing unto others as they wish others weould do unto them.

In my world that doesn't always happen, I've seen cheaters win, big time. I,ve seen the late bird catch the worm. And, I've seen people who wish others would do them the same way they have done others, be treated much better by other people than the other people were treated.

Conservatives are much more upset by the violation of their expectations than they are about what actually happened. This boy was upset, and I think it was more because of a violation of his expectations. :drinks:

Edited by The Postman

For those curious enough to wonder what happened to the off-topic discussion of past personal conflict, the Hell Hole is now the repository of those exchanges. The password to the forum if you're unaware, is: ON

pubby

TJB, are there any aspects of your teaching career that you enjoy? Was there ever a time you enjoyed your career? I'm just asking a sincere question. What has happened to get you to this point because I know many educators, a few in my family who are really feeling burned out for a myriad of reasons.

Dana, with all due respect, unless you've gone through what I've gone through in the last several years, you have no idea. I like most of the kids but I've gone through things with administration, that I can't really discuss here. In many of the education threads, teachers are constantly bashed, mostly by those who've never set foot in a classroom. I still stand by my statement the kid in the video is a little douche and has no right to speak to an adult in such a manner. I love teaching but more and more it's about covering my ass and wondering when the next unscrupulous administrator will throw me under the bus; blaming me for the behavior of kids they are unwilling to discipline. I had 5 different preps last year; grades 6-12 and no time to prepare. This meant working until midnight and getting 4-5 hours sleep. On top of all this, my wife is bedridden with M.S. and I'm the primary caregiver. It got to the point where I had to seek help for depression. Yes, teaching has become a paycheck for me,but I still try to do the best I can but I will not kill myself anymore because there is a life outside of teaching, especially when I would regularly stay late, staying after my principal left but still told I wasn't doing enough. Teachers are leaving the profession because they are being sh*t on by everybody from students, the media, parents and politicians and they don't know the whole story. I wish there would be an investigative report where a someone would go undercover; being a teacher in a troubled school and show how poorly teachers are treated. Unfortunately, the media lacks the integrity to do this, but it would be eye opening.

Thanks for explaining in a respectful manner, I was just curious. I also strongly agree with the bolded part, seen it up close and personal. I can also relate to the part where you say no matter what you do, it's never enough.

Well, I can't say I really blame you for feeling the way you do, do you think another school would treat you better, is that even an option? I feel for your wife and I know it has to be hard on you both, your a good husband to stand by her like that. :)

I hope sometime, in the near future, things get better for you and your wife.

Here's the bolded part I was referring to: teachers are constantly bashed, mostly by those who've never set foot in a classroom

Edited by dana

Thanks for explaining in a respectful manner, I was just curious. I also strongly agree with the bolded part, seen it up close and personal. I can also relate to the part where you say no matter what you do, it's never enough.

Well, I can't say I really blame you for feeling the way you do, do you think another school would treat you better, is that even an option? I feel for your wife and I know it has to be hard on you both, your a good husband to stand by her like that. :)

I hope sometime, in the near future, things get better for you and your wife.

It's not a good job market and my wife will get worse and if I was only responsible for me, I would walk away. I love teaching when I get a chance to teach and have a reasonable chance of being successful. It's frustrating to be repeatedly put in situations where it's almost impossible to do a good job.