Paulding.com

Don't Forget Birthmothers This Saturday

While the 2nd Sunday of May is Mother's Day, did you know that the 2nd Saturday of May is "Birthmothers Day?"

If you know a woman who selflessly surrendered her child, give her a call and let her know you thought of her. Send a card. Give her flowers.

For many of us, who had no other children, Mother's Day is VERY hard. We are the forgotten mothers.

I pray one day to be face-to-face reunited with my daughter. While I found her a little over a year ago on line, we've had no other contact except FaceBook. I treasure each "like," private message and "share" from her. :)

• Like 11

While the 2nd Sunday of May is Mother's Day, did you know that the 2nd Saturday of May is "Birthmothers Day?"

If you know a woman who selflessly surrendered her child, give her a call and let her know you thought of her. Send a card. Give her flowers.

For many of us, who had no other children, Mother's Day is VERY hard. We are the forgotten mothers.

I pray one day to be face-to-face reunited with my daughter. While I found her a little over a year ago on line, we've had no other contact except FaceBook. I treasure each "like," private message and "share" from her. :)

Thank you for being a great Mother! Your daughter will be so proud when she meets you knowing you made the right choice and chose life for her. You are a fantastic Mom, happy Mothers Day!!!!!!!

• Like 3

Happy birthmothers' day! What a selfless thing t do, hope you keep getting closer and closer to your daughter! :wub:

I know it's Saturday but I'll prolly forget by then, LOL!

Happy Birthmother's Day to my Birthmother who did not have any other children and does not want to meet me, still to this day. I hope you have enjoyed your life. I'm sure that mine turned out much nicer than it would have had you kept me.

:(

Maybe one day you will realize that I don't want your money. I would just just like to be friends.

Happy Birthmother's Day to my Birthmother who did not have any other children and does not want to meet me, still to this day. I hope you have enjoyed your life. I'm sure that mine turned out much nicer than it would have had you kept me.

:(

Maybe one day you will realize that I don't want your money. I would just just like to be friends.

I'm so sorry, her loss. You seem like such a nice person. :(

I am blessed that I have a wonderfully close relationship with my birthmother. I have sent her a Mother's Day gift every year since I found her 15 years ago. It's always a pain in the butt to find a Mother's Day card that seems appropriate. Maybe one day Hallmark will come up with a card along the lines of "Thank you for giving birth, being selfless while never knowing me, until I found you 22 years later".

Thank you too all the parents who chose life.

This is the first year I get to celebrate Father's Day :)

I am blessed that I have a wonderfully close relationship with my birthmother. I have sent her a Mother's Day gift every year since I found her 15 years ago. It's always a pain in the butt to find a Mother's Day card that seems appropriate. Maybe one day Hallmark will come up with a card along the lines of "Thank you for giving birth, being selfless while never knowing me, until I found you 22 years later".

Thank you too all the parents who chose life.

This is the first year I get to celebrate Father's Day :)

I'm sure she would love getting a card you made especially for her. Have you thought about that? Then the words would be your own. There are lots of ideas online for making greeting cards for every occasion---many styles---from simple to more complex designs. Pinterest would be one place to check out ideas.

How is it your first year to celebrate Father's Day?

How is it your first year to celebrate Father's Day?

My adoptive "father" was an ass. But this past December, my biological father contacted me. We've talked, texted, emailed, etc almost everyday since. There's no doubt he's my Dad (I never used that term until recently). We are two peas in a pod, I'm like a clone of him. I love him and am over the moon that he's such an incredible man. Finally, at 30+ years old that I can say I have a Dad. So that is why it's my first real Father's Day :wub:

• Like 2