Paulding.com

Teen addiction programs

Does anyone know of a teen drug addiction program that they have experience with that actually works?

I don't think I would like to refer them to Ridgeview....just based on every adult I know that has attended is still an addict. Wasn't impressed with what i saw when I went to visit some people.

Maybe an outpatient program that involves the parents and family heavily....idk really know what we're dealing with here....so advice and referals are appreciated greatly.

TIA

If it were my kid, I wouldn't opt for an outpatient program. They need to get out of their current environment for a while.

their current environment has changed....thats why I say out patient....that and everytime I visited an addict in rehab....the patients just bonded over what they missed using while chain smoking and drinking coffee because it was the only stimulate around...it didn't seem very conducive to me. Ultimately its not up to me because I'm not a parent to this person. But if someone has a high recommendation of an in patient program, I will certainly pass it along.

Does anyone know of a teen drug addiction program that they have experience with that actually works?

I don't think I would like to refer them to Ridgeview....just based on every adult I know that has attended is still an addict. Wasn't impressed with what i saw when I went to visit some people.

Maybe an outpatient program that involves the parents and family heavily....idk really know what we're dealing with here....so advice and referals are appreciated greatly.

TIA

No kiddin'. My MIL has been 4 times and needs to go a 5th. It's a joke.

Get in touch with Ann Pennebaker. I don't know if she is a member her,but I do know that she has a face book page. She has a 12 step outpatient program that is christian based that helps alot of teens and adults with addiction. She is in downtown Dallas and has nightly meetings. She and her husband George do a wonderful job with helping people.

Family Intervention Services in Hiram, have 7 Challenges classes. The classes go any where from 6 to 12 weeks. From all the reviews for teen addiction, FIS has more success than Willowbrooke.

No kiddin'. My MIL has been 4 times and needs to go a 5th. It's a joke.

idk if they are just overrun and don't have the staff they need or what....but when i went to visit my mom and step mom in there....they had crazy people (i mean CRAZY....scary crazy) in with the addicts....If I was an addict locked in a small cottage full of crazy people...i'd want to use too.

Get in touch with Ann Pennebaker. I don't know if she is a member her,but I do know that she has a face book page. She has a 12 step outpatient program that is christian based that helps alot of teens and adults with addiction. She is in downtown Dallas and has nightly meetings. She and her husband George do a wonderful job with helping people.

Thank you so much. I will look her up!

Family Intervention Services in Hiram, have 7 Challenges classes. The classes go any where from 6 to 12 weeks. From all the reviews for teen addiction, FIS has more success than Willowbrooke.

Thanks a bunch. I will look this up as well :)