Paulding.com

Everyone's trying to save money, but what thing

Tetley Tea

Tide

Downy

Clorox Bleach

Blue Plate Mayo

Hair products

I used to be a coffee snob, but after drinking the very strong and bitter Starbucks Verona for years with former bosses--I can drink anything now.

All "off brand" products are made by "brand" name companies; but they "cheapen'" it up a bit. I mostly buy good shoes because as I get older, my feet rebel against the cheapies.

good pet food - TOTW

Earl Grey Tea

Dunkin D coffee

Good cat litter - Fresh step

Canned goods

I like "home sense" paper products at Kroger

Blue Plate Mayo

Not that it is name brand but no steaks from Walmart. Taste like they were soaked in water everytime. Even when marinated.

I don't and won't buy ANY meats (Pork, Chicken or Beef) from Walmart!!!!!!!!!! I take that back, Walmart has some Spiral Sliced Ham pieces, that is prepackaged, that I WILL buy. I love to cut up small pieces of this and make omelets.

1367126375[/url]' post='3794545']

Hellman's mayoLipton or Luzianne teaFresh Step cat litterColgate total toothpasteCampbell soupsKellogg's pop tarts

Name brand bread, store bought is too dry!!

Idk why that is all so close together. That's not how I typed it

Good choice. 22 years in the Deli business and I can tell you for certain, you DO GET what you pay for.

For me it's Viva Paper towels.

Don't take away my Viva.

I have found that Bounty towels do a great job on glass, because they do not leave lint. When I do kiln fusing of glass, it must be immaculately clean, and Glass Plus cleaner and Bounty towels work the best for me. No streaks, no lint.

The absolute best glass cleaner for general use is at HomeDepot. It is "Sprayway", a foamy-like cleaner in a blue can. When I use that cleaner, I use the blue paper shop towels. It works great on automotive glass. It's relatively cheap, and works great.

If you have a decorative leaded glass window in your front door or over your garden tub, DO NOT use a cleaner with ammonia. Ammonia will attack and soften the putty that is used to stiffen and waterproof the glass. The putty is in between the glass and the strips of lead, usually a concrete grey color.

I use Bounty also. And Windex, but I may have to try the "Sprayway", for the life of me I can't get my front inside windshield clean without streaks!!!

Over the years, I've cleaned a lot of glass. Windex does the worst job of anything I've ever used.

Suggestion: Spray the glass cleaner on the windshield. Take an athletic sock, turn it inside out, so the rough knit is exposed, and wipe it all over the glass. Scrubbing with a soft abrasive, if you will.

Then wipe dry with a paper towel. If you have a lot of film built up because of nicotine or off-gassing by plastics when the car gets hot inside, you may have to do this twice.

Edited by Glassdogs

Band Name doesn't mean things are better for that reason. I have bought things with no brand name attached, and those things have lasted lust as long, looked just as good, felt just as comfortable, and I enjoyed them even more, because they WERE less expensive. And, even if I have to sacrifice a little to gain a lot I sacrifice that little.to save that lot.

Many things are no different than the shoe that Nike makes, for only an example.

drinks.gif

Nikes used to cost the company almost nothing to produce, because they used cheap, "unskilled" labor in factories in East Asia and SE Asia (places like S. Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam, etc.). They had little overhead, yet they sold the shoe for a ridiculously high amount because they had a sought after brand name, and therefore they made money galore

Now, though, in recent years they have been changing their labor up a little bit to avoid claims in the media that they use child labor and sweat shops. Don't let anyone tell you any different, but practically every major clothing brand in the U.S. that has been around for a while has used both sweat shop and child labor at some point. From a strictly business point of view, it makes sense: you get a product made as cheaply as possible and sell it for as much as possible, that's just business. But these days the public is aware of child labor and sweat shops, so some companies try to avoid it, but most still use it to some degree.

I, also, buy American made, when I can afford it. The only people I care about, in this world, are my closest friends and neighbors.

Edited by The Postman

Yes definitely good cat litter

Have you tried the Publix brand of cat litter??? I have been using it for some time now and I like it just as well and it is only 2.99 for a 25 lb bag (20 lb if you get the scented kind).

I use Bounty also. And Windex, but I may have to try the "Sprayway", for the life of me I can't get my front inside windshield clean without streaks!!!

You can get Sprayaway at Targe and Krogert. I've been using the stuff for a number of years and I keep a can in the kitchen, each bathroom and every vehicle.

Shoes are my number one name brand must have. Rockport, Clark, Allen Edmunds, New Balance and Redwing.

• Like 1

Luzianne or Tazo tea.

Blue Plate (preferable) or Kraft (as a second choice) mayo.

Peter Pan peanut butter.

Scott Tissue.

Smartwater, Dasani or Aquafina.

Nutro Natural Choice dogfood.

Purina Cat Chow.

Patak or Boar's Head deli meat.

Aussie hair spray and conditioner.

l'Oreal haircolor.

Cacique bras :p .

Luquitex gesso and varnish.

I'm sure there are more I just can't think of them right now.

Tide

Clorox

Jif peanut butter

Proactiv for my face

Dukes mayo

Folger's coffee

Everything else can be no-name brand.

Clorox for sure. I've used off brand bleach and it doesn't even remotely do the same job as Clorox. It's weird, I'd think bleach is bleach, but apparently it's not.

The only thing that I really have to have name brand for is Mayo, and that's hellman's. I do buy name brand baby formula, but that will end soon. I also buy name brand baby food, but that's because there isn't as much of a selection for store brand.

Also recently I bought Walmart brand clorox wipes, and they are not as good and won't buy them again.

But to sum it up. I try to buy generic as much as possible until I find that the generic isn't as good. I'll always give the generic a shot.