Paulding.com

Look what I made today!

I was thinking about my bestfriend that died of pancreatic cancer a year ago the past November 1st. So I went to the tire place on Legeon Rd and got those tires that they were going to throw away. Basically I'm recycling. Any way, I went and bought spray paint and colored them the colors of cancer ribbons and planted flowers in them. My small tribute to my bestfriend!

• Like 3

I was thinking about my bestfriend that died of pancreatic cancer a year ago the past November 1st. So I went to the tire place on Legeon Rd and got those tires that they were going to throw away. Basically I'm recycling. Any way, I went and bought spray paint and colored them the colors of cancer ribbons and planted flowers in them. My small tribute to my bestfriend!

I really like the colors and the tribute, it's very pretty.

I think you're getting Southernized. 8)

I really like the colors and the tribute, it's very pretty.

I think you're getting Southernized. 8)

I really think you need to bite me!!! Because hell will freeze over before that happens!!!!

I'm not from the south, but I think it's cute!

And I was even hating on the bottle trees earlier.

Go figure.

I'm not from the South either......WHAT a bottle tree??? YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME??? You just made me laugh.....Who on earth made that one up? Seriously, who made that up???

Lucky:

Last time we talked on a post you said you were in Boston... Is this bit of art there?

(I suspect they have a Legion road in Boston too and there could be a tire shop there too.)

So is this Southern Artwork at a yankee house or Yankee artwork at a Southern house?

pubby

Lucky:

Last time we talked on a post you said you were in Boston... Is this bit of art there?

(I suspect they have a Legion road in Boston too and there could be a tire shop there too.)

So is this Southern Artwork at a yankee house or Yankee artwork at a Southern house?

pubby

Pubby:

I never said I was in Boston, you assumed I was in Boston. And if this is an attempt of you being funny, then :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Good for you!!! Oh and for the record, you won't find any southern artwork in my home!!!!

EDIT: I deleted some of my post: I'm not going to start an argument that might have happened from the rest of my post.

I envision her sitting on her front porch, on a white swing drinking sweet tea in her white lace dress soon... rofl.gif

Really? I see her telling you to F off.

See, I'm a Yankee too. :D

And that was a joke blah blah.

Lucky what a wonderful way to create a memorial garden for your friend. I have made a memorial garden for my mama and daddy when i get done wit hit I will post a photo of it. it is very therapeutic to work in memorial garden.

I envision her sitting on her front porch, on a white swing drinking sweet tea in her white lace dress soon... rofl.gif

or she could sit in a rocking chair :ninja:

Lucky what a wonderful way to create a memorial garden for your friend. I have made a memorial garden for my mama and daddy when i get done wit hit I will post a photo of it. it is very therapeutic to work in memorial garden.

or she could sit in a rocking chair :ninja:

How could she do that when someone, who shall remain nameless, keeps taking the rocking chairs everyone has... dry.gif

Oh and our new house has a big ole rocking chair front porch AND a security system... :p

Lucky you should make some of these my husband works at the Tire store on Legion Road and he is going to make some for my mom. http://www.wuvie.net/tireplanter.htm

Hey Bacon's How on earth did you find these? I have never seen these before. Tell your hubby I said he better get to work on those. I want to see the finished product..LOL

Is he making them at your house then taking them to your moms or making them at your moms house?

I think you made a beautiful tribute to your friend. I remember when almost every little country farm house had white washed trees and old white washed tires for planters.

Hey Bacon's How on earth did you find these? I have never seen these before. Tell your hubby I said he better get to work on those. I want to see the finished product..LOL

Is he making them at your house then taking them to your moms or making them at your moms house?

LOL hey chevygrl he is going to make them here and then take them up there I guess. Mom said her dad used to make some but they were the V shaped on the ends I think these look better like a flower.

LOL hey chevygrl he is going to make them here and then take them up there I guess. Mom said her dad used to make some but they were the V shaped on the ends I think these look better like a flower.

I have never seen anything like that before. LOL Guess little bro will have fun making them....LOL

How's Britt? Mom told me what happened...LOL KIDS! :lol:

What a wonderful thing to do! Now, you will always, always smile and think of her daily. :wub: