Paulding.com

Ideas for 1 year wedding anniversary on a super low budget

Hi girls and guys. I was wondering if anyone knew of any places the hubby and I could go to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. I have looked online but everything is so expensive. We owed a good bit in taxes this year- still not sure why- but we are still wanting to get away even if its just for a few days.

Helen or Chattanooga or Tybee even Atlanta. You can find fair priced hotels at most of the locations. Clayton Ga is very pretty. DILLARD GA. road trip around all of north Ga see the sites. Bryson city river tubing lots of fun. Just a few suggestions.

Edited by DallasNebo

The 1st Anniversary is the "Paper Anniversary", maybe you can somehow incorporate that into your celebration. Not sure what but you can get creative. For our first anniversary, I bought my husband and I dancing lessons (two step)...the paper came in the form of a gift certificate LOL.

The 1st Anniversary is the "Paper Anniversary", maybe you can somehow incorporate that into your celebration. Not sure what but you can get creative. For our first anniversary, I bought my husband and I dancing lessons (two step)...the paper came in the form of a gift certificate LOL.

Papi and I bought each other trees.

Get it? Paper comes from trees. :)

We actually bought them with out knowing that's what the other was getting! :lol:

We both thought it a cool idea to plant a tree our first year together and then watch it grow over the years as we spend our lives together.

• Like 2

Taxes might be due to the marriage penalty!!!

Myrtle Beach is very nice and you should be able to find something quite reasonable this time of year. Excellent shows, beaches, golf, etc.

Hi girls and guys. I was wondering if anyone knew of any places the hubby and I could go to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. I have looked online but everything is so expensive. We owed a good bit in taxes this year- still not sure why- but we are still wanting to get away even if its just for a few days.

Again, following the one year anniversary the considered the "paper" anniversary, I would find a store or someone that prints up napkins and have some made up for the whole year, with your initials in them, grill out a terrific steak in your backyard, on the best paper plates money can buy, set a beautiful table with paper table cloth. At the dollar store they sell gorgeous paper lanterns, white Christmas lights, etc. No restaurant can compare!! Hang up a paper sign "Happy Anniversary " above the garage or door, just think paper!! Have fun and congratulations!!!

Again, following the one year anniversary the considered the "paper" anniversary, I would find a store or someone that prints up napkins and have some made up for the whole year, with your initials in them, grill out a terrific steak in your backyard, on the best paper plates money can buy, set a beautiful table with paper table cloth. At the dollar store they sell gorgeous paper lanterns, white Christmas lights, etc. No restaurant can compare!! Hang up a paper sign "Happy Anniversary " above the garage or door, just think paper!! Have fun and congratulations!!!

Go to Expedia.com, find a nice hotel at a reduced price in Atlanta, check in, go swimming, laze around. There are tons of things to do in Atlanta and tons of restaurants that don't cost an arm and a leg. Take a Segway tour, the most fun ever. Have a picnic at Piedmont park or Centennial Olympic park. Go to the Botanical Gardens.

Hubby and I got a king room at the Intercontinental Hotel, 4 stars, on Peachtree st in Buckhead for May 10th for $109.00 plus tax. They usually got for more than $400.00 a night.

Let us know what you decide.

Edited by momof 3

My husband and I just took an early Anniversary trip to the mountains. It was AWESOME. We "backpacked" and camped out. We spent right at $100 for the week, including gas, firewood, and gifts for the kids and Grandma.

Check out the Georiga State Parks webstie.

Happy Anniversary!

Chattanooga TN. is a lot of fun. My husband and I have had a great time there every time we go. Lots to do and explore. You can do the River Boat cruise, the Chattanooga Ducks, Rock City. The best part too is it isn't far from here.

If you have to go overnight, try Chattanooga. Not too far to be bad on gas but far enough to feel "away" from home and nice setting around the town. Or, buy one of the collage picture frames and print some wedding pictures and frame them. Try black and white exposures or accenting just one color, just more than a regular reprint.