Paulding.com

Spinoff: What Movies Did you Watch in School?

I am probably forgetting some, but some stand out to me.

Brian's Song

The Miracle of Life

The Princess Bride (it was a PE Fencing class)

Glory

Romeo and Juliet (the old school one)

Bridge to Terabithia (the original one)

Fiddler on The Roof

The Great Gatsby

I'm sure there were more, but those are the ones that stand out.

Romeo & Juliet,(the Olivia Hussey one) watched it in English b/c we were studying Shakespeare.

Field trip to see Othello at the Royal Poinciana playhouse. Back in the early 70s. We also went to the art museums, and other places of cultural interest.

That was back when they had real field trips.

I almost for got we watched Old man and the sea. I think it had Bogart in it. Again in English class.

Edited by gog8tors

We went to the theater to see Fiddler on the Roof, we watched Kon Tiki in the gym and in one class we watched a Disney documentry movie about animals in the desert.

We also had those "duck and cover" movies (you know, how to get under your desk and how to tell where a bomb shelter is) and the ones about why boys are different from girls.

That is about it.

Romeo & Juliet,(the Olivia Hussey one) watched it in English b/c we were studying Shakespeare.

Field trip to see Othello at the Royal Poinciana playhouse. Back in the early 70s. We also went to the art museums, and other places of cultural interest.

That was back when they had real field trips.

I almost for got we watched Old man and the sea. I think it had Bogart in it. Again in English class.

Spencer Tracy was in The Old Man and the Sea.

Romeo and Juliet

To Kill a Mocking Bird

Those are the two I really remember.

I'm sure there were probably more.

Yeah, we saw To Kill a Mocking Bird as well, forgot about that one.

The only one I can remember was 'Gone with the Wind'...over, and over, and over.

Probably one of the reasons it is one of my most hated films of all time.

I know, that's anathema spoken from a native Georgian, but I hate that film.

:ph34r:

We went to the theater to see Fiddler on the Roof, we watched Kon Tiki in the gym and in one class we watched a Disney documentry movie about animals in the desert.

We also had those "duck and cover" movies (you know, how to get under your desk and how to tell where a bomb shelter is) and the ones about why boys are different from girls.

That is about it.

Spencer Tracy was in The Old Man and the Sea.

Thanks I knew it was one of those old movies stars.

We didn't have the duck and cover films, we did have the "birds, and bees" film.

You just made me feel really old.

:D sorry. It was released in 1994, I graduated in 95. So at that point it wasn't like we were watching it because it was a classic. I would assume it hadn't been on DVD that long yet at that point. We watched it after our finals were finished at the very end of the year. You're not THAT much older than me, ya know!

:D sorry. It was released in 1994, I graduated in 95. So at that point it wasn't like we were watching it because it was a classic. I would assume it hadn't been on DVD that long yet at that point. We watched it after our finals were finished at the very end of the year. You're not THAT much older than me, ya know!

You're not helping. :lol:

The oddest one that I remember watching was "The Breakfast Club". I guess we were learning about stereotypes, etc.

What was the movie with "Pony Boy" and "Milk something or another"?

That was The Outsiders.

"Stay gold, Ponyboy."

I think that was my favorite book that I ever read during school. I was super excited when we got to watch the movie.

Romeo and Juliet (the old school one in middle school and new one with Dicaprio in high school)

The Outsiders

Little Women

Homeward Bound

Glory

Jumanji

The Secret Garden

Many more I'm sure but I just can't remember.

I heard they are coming out with yet another Romeo and Juliet movie sometime this year.

http://www.imdb.com/rg/s/4/title/tt1645131/#lb-vi3636831769

Most of the movies y'all watched were not even made when I was in school, or even soon after I was out of school.

But as someone said, you are as young as you feel.

That is why I try and feel any young thing I can.

(just a joke, don't be taking any warrants out on me)

The only two movies that I can remember is The Time Machine – also known promotionally as H.G. Wells' The Time Machine – is a 1960 science fiction film.

AND

Our 2nd grade class (maybe 67 or 68) went to the Movie Theater, in Smyrna, by the Zayre's store, on So. Cobb Dr. To see the movie "Song Of The South". I loved that movie!!! I would like to have it on blue ray, if I could find one. This movie theater was NOT the one at the top of the hill, it was just to the left of Zayre's.

The only movie that I can remember is The Time Machine – also known promotionally as H.G. Wells' The Time Machine – is a 1960 science fiction film.

Our 2nd grade class (maybe 67 or 68) went to the Movie Theater, in Smyrna, by the Zayre's store, on So. Cobb Dr. To see the movie "Song Of The South". I loved that movie!!! I would like to have it on blue ray, if I could find one. This movie theater was NOT the one at the top of the hill, it was just to the left of Zayre's.

This reminds me. We watched The Music Man, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and My Fair Lady in music class during middle school. That's when I discovered I love musicals.

I remember we went to the Dallas Theater in 7th grade to watch "A Christmas Carol", that was before they expanded to two theaters. I didn't get to watch much of it though, by 7th grade I had discovered what girls were for and was too busy with my girlfriend behind the curtain that lined the walls... :lol: :lol: :lol:

The only movie that I can remember is The Time Machine – also known promotionally as H.G. Wells' The Time Machine – is a 1960 science fiction film.

It was on the left side, on the end.

I saw Song of the South there also.

I saw a lot of movies there.

The most memorable movie we saw in school was, Gone With the Wind. What was so cool about it is that we got to go on a field trip to the Fox to watch it. That's where my love affair with this amazing movie started. Still one of my all time faves.