Paulding.com

Another child was hit by a tree limb at school in Atlanta (Brandon Elementary). Trees are beautiful especially the old 100 + year old ones, but people need to realized that trees that old become very dangerous.

Another child was hit by a tree limb at school in Atlanta (Brandon Elementary). Trees are beautiful especially the old 100 + year old ones, but people need to realized that trees that old become very dangerous.

does that mean the community has to put up with multiple topics again and a chick night for another child not from the area?

does that mean the community has to put up with multiple topics again and a chick night for another child not from the area?

What the hell is wrong with you? Can't stand people caring for something? Again, a tasteless, humorless mind fart. God forbid anything tragic happens to someone you care about.

• Like 2

I volunteer at egleston a few days a month, i know there are other sick and dying kids out there. You do anything comparable or just buy a chicken sandwich?

DIdn't buy a chicken sandwich, but then again I'm also not on a message board bitching about the topics I could easily overlook, or the lines at a crappy fast food place.

• Like 3

There were three in that area, one in front of the animal hospital and two in front of the hair salon across the street. The tree located between the parking lot of the hair salon and the street to the right has been reduced to a rather large stump. It's possible that the tree was weakened from insects or diseased and it had to be cut down or it was posing a threat to the roadway. It does look odd without it there.

There were three in that area, one in front of the animal hospital and two in front of the hair salon across the street. The tree located between the parking lot of the hair salon and the street to the right has been reduced to a rather large stump. It's possible that the tree was weakened from insects or diseased and it had to be cut down or it was posing a threat to the roadway. It does look odd without it there.

Always hate to see those old trees go, but realize that can be hazards. Thought it might also have something to do with the widening of 92? I believe I read here somewhere that there was a good bit of activity on 92 lately with surveyors and such.

Crazy how any thread can turn in to drama here, even on a tree. :wacko:

Always hate to see those old trees go, but realize that can be hazards. Thought it might also have something to do with the widening of 92? I believe I read here somewhere that there was a good bit of activity on 92 lately with surveyors and such.

Crazy how any thread can turn in to drama here, even on a tree. :wacko:

I haven't heard of any widening activity that'll occur in that section of 92. The section to the south will utilize the bypasses, not sure what the plan is to the north. Did you notice that there are zoning variance signs on the property to the north of the animal hospital? Right behind the old Hiram ES sign, not sure what might be planned there.

Oops, sorry, trying to be informative when this thread is supposed to be dramatic...I meant to say "Oh yeah? You're one too!" LOL

We have a giant dead oak just before the traffic Go-Round on Palisades Parkway.

And the developer actually did curve the road around the tree so as to not have to cut it....but ended up damaging the roots too badly for it to survive. Of course on OUR stretch of road, they curved the road INTO our land, and bull dozed every tree which was in the right of way.

The dead oak has limbs in excess of 12" in diamter out over the roadway. Everytime there is a bad storm, there is all kinds of smaller limbs and debris in the road. And we are just waiting for the limb itself to come down and smash a car. Just hoping no one gets hurt in the process.

Did make us smile a little as we watched the Oak die 18 months ago, since they found it necessary to kill all of ours, and then bend the road to save that one....which died anyway. Karma's a bitch ain't it.drinks.gif

spucketts...they will widen 92 through Hiram... they even bought the church out down near 278.

Sarcasm?????????

I don't think they'll ever straighten out the legal wrangling from the last widening project, which is why it got cancelled and completely expunged from state records. Anyway, since we have the west Hiram bypass, we have "absolutely no use for a 4 lane through Hiram", RIGHT!?!?!?!

We should cut all the old trees down. They are dangerous and turn little kids into vegetables. /s

In defense of this poster, I don't think he was meaning any disrespect to Tripp's situation. It seemed to me he was responding to the poster above who talked about old trees being dangerous in general, when the original topic was just about the sadness of seeing a huge old tree gone. He did put a sarcasm mark. JMHO. Flame away.

Y'all do know they are widening 92 right? :drinks:

Sure, they are. Uh, huh. Riiiight. :snort: