Paulding.com

15 year old girl commits suicide after rape.

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — Awakening in a friend's bedroom after drinking too much at a sleepover, 15-year-old Audrie Pott looked down and realized she had been sexually assaulted and her attackers had written and drawn on intimate parts of her body, her family's attorney said Monday.

Eight days after the attack, she called and asked her mother to pick her up at school. She said she couldn't deal with it anymore but would not say what was wrong.

And then she hanged herself.

http://news.yahoo.co...-195508441.html

Where are the parents? Why are these kids at parties where there is no supervision to the point this can happen? Who is raising these boys that think this is ok? It's sickening. I hope I can raise my kids better.

• Like 2

Where are the parents? Why are these kids at parties where there is no supervision to the point this can happen? Who is raising these boys that think this is ok? It's sickening. I hope I can raise my kids better.

Those questions went through my mind as well. I raised a girl, and she didn't sleep over at someone's house unless I knew them well and approved. And I was extremely picky about it.

If I was the girl's parent, I would be demanding an investigation and most likely some prosecution of the boys who did this and I would also want to know how minors got alcohol.

Heads need to roll for this. Lots of heads.

• Like 1

Very sad. I seem to be hearing about these type of incidents too much lately. It's very upsetting. Something is not being taught in the upbringing of these young children. I pray for her friends and family and only hope they can eventually find peace.

Those questions went through my mind as well. I raised a girl, and she didn't sleep over at someone's house unless I knew them well and approved. And I was extremely picky about it.

If I was the girl's parent, I would be demanding an investigation and most likely some prosecution of the boys who did this and I would also want to know how minors got alcohol.

Heads need to roll for this. Lots of heads.

They are. I told my DH that the homeowner would also be paying.

You read my mind. My girls NEVER went to parties anywhere but at MY own house and you can bet that there were no shinannigans going on because Hubby and I were right in the middle of whatever was going on.

Unfortunately, I don't think those are popular questions in this kind of situation. The kids who did this are evil and IMO will never amount to anything other than what they've already proven they are........rapists, cowards, thugs and just simply evil and I'm sorry, but they are wasting perfectly air. But a little parental supervision can go a long way to help prevent this kind from happening again.

BE YOUR KIDS PARENT FOR GOODNESS SAKE, NOT THEIR FRIEND.

• Like 3

You read my mind. My girls NEVER went to parties anywhere but at MY own house and you can bet that there were no shinannigans going on because Hubby and I were right in the middle of whatever was going on.

Unfortunately, I don't think those are popular questions in this kind of situation. The kids who did this are evil and IMO will never amount to anything other than what they've already proven they are........rapists, cowards, thugs and just simply evil and I'm sorry, but they are wasting perfectly air. But a little parental supervision can go a long way to help prevent this kind from happening again.

BE YOUR KIDS PARENT FOR GOODNESS SAKE, NOT THEIR FRIEND.

We are lacking involved parents in all levels. My kids are young, so I haven't been there yet. But I would like to think there are things I could do to keep these things from happening. I can't protect them from everything, but at least until the go off into the world on their own I will be an unapologetic nosey parent. I might not be popular, but I will do my best to get them to adulthood in one piece.

• Like 2

The biggest fear that people have is Humiliation. Its not speaking in front of a group or fear of heights or fear of spiders. Its Humiliation and most people fear this so much that just about every decision we make in a social setting is surrounded by this fear. We make a decision not to go sing in public for the fear of humiliation. We make a decision not to join a group of people in a skilled event for fear of humiliation. Some people will not leave the house without being perfect for society or whatever makes you fear being humiliated. When we are humiliated it can be unbearable. She died from shame. She found a permanent solution to a temporary problem. One thing I can say is good thing she didnt have a gun eh Presidente" Obama?

• Like 1

We are lacking involved parents in all levels. My kids are young, so I haven't been there yet. But I would like to think there are things I could do to keep these things from happening. I can't protect them from everything, but at least until the go off into the world on their own I will be an unapologetic nosey parent. I might not be popular, but I will do my best to get them to adulthood in one piece.

THANK YOU, EXACTLY!!!! :clapping: Both my girls arrived into adulthood practically unscathed because I was the crazy parent who was always involved. But because of that, my house was always filled with teens, but I knew where they were and what they were doing. I'm the Mom, that's my job.

Edited by momof 3

unfortunely Cell phones are the "New Parent/babysitter." the sad part is teens can lie to thier parents and the parents have to believe them too.a cell phone does not tell the parent where they are. When I went somewhere as a teen I had to leave a Landline phone number and my parents called too and made sure I was there.Thank you mom and dad.

unfortunely Cell phones are the "New Parent/babysitter." the sad part is teens can lie to thier parents and the parents have to believe them too.a cell phone does not tell the parent where they are. When I went somewhere as a teen I had to leave a Landline phone number and my parents called too and made sure I was there.Thank you mom and dad.

Their is a program that can be installed on a cell phone that will give you the location of the phone. If I were raising a kid these days it would be on their phone.

Their is a program that can be installed on a cell phone that will give you the location of the phone. If I were raising a kid these days it would be on their phone.

I do not have teens, all of mine are grown but if I was a parent raising a teen then I would invest my money into this program.

I do not have teens, all of mine are grown but if I was a parent raising a teen then I would invest my money into this program.

Some phones can be tracked at no charge. iPhones, for example, can be tracked through iCloud.

Cellphones can be tracked on icloud or through your provider. Some don't give you an exact location, but an area depending on signal strength.

However a lady I talked to recently said that she would check in with her daughter, and say that her daughter told her she was at the basketball games she would tell her daughter to take a picture of her in front of the scoreboard to prove it. I thought that was a great idea. Trust but verify.

Cellphones can be tracked on icloud or through your provider. Some don't give you an exact location, but an area depending on signal strength.

However a lady I talked to recently said that she would check in with her daughter, and say that her daughter told her she was at the basketball games she would tell her daughter to take a picture of her in front of the scoreboard to prove it. I thought that was a great idea. Trust but verify.

How do these kids that are 14, 15 and 16 get to where they are going without an adult? My girls weren't allowed to ride with other teens and they didn't have cars of their own. I've heard so many parents say things like, 'Well, everybody is doing it' or 'You have to let them grow up'. Horse pucky!! The only thing a young teens needs to do is to be supervised by a responsible adult, hopefully a parent. I think that there are so many parents who are relieved when they don't have to fool with their own kids and they are happy when another kid or anyone else gives them a ride or has the party at any other house besides their own. Laziness as a parent contributes to the downfall of some teenagers and it's a da%n shame.

• Like 1

How do these kids that are 14, 15 and 16 get to where they are going without an adult? My girls weren't allowed to ride with other teens and they didn't have cars of their own. I've heard so many parents say things like, 'Well, everybody is doing it' or 'You have to let them grow up'. Horse pucky!! The only thing a young teens needs to do is to be supervised by a responsible adult, hopefully a parent. I think that there are so many parents who are relieved when they don't have to fool with their own kids and they are happy when another kid or anyone else gives them a ride or has the party at any other house besides their own. Laziness as a parent contributes to the downfall of some teenagers and it's a da%n shame.

Mom, some kids run loose and some do not. My daughter is not allowed to run loose but when I was a kid my parents let me go camp out with friends in someone's backyard or here or there. My first drink was somewhere in the 7th grade, I was 12, that same year I smoked my first joint. It didnt stop till somewhere around age 40. I was a tween in the 70s. Personally I think kids are looked out for more these days than in my day. I agree with you, watch what your kids are doing or they will do what I did. Got my first DUI at age 18 which I am not proud of either. Really I think parents are doing a better job now than they did before. Underage drinking is no longer tolerated in my neighborhood where it was not even mentioned at my court appearance when I was 18 and the drinking age was 21. So we are going in the right direction with drinking and smoking I think but maybe I am just blinded by my old age.

Agreed, natch. ;)

THANK YOU, EXACTLY!!!! :clapping: Both my girls arrived into adulthood practically unscathed because I was the crazy parent who was always involved. But because of that, my house was always filled with teens, but I knew where they were and what they were doing. I'm the Mom, that's my job.

Same here, but I'm the divorced dad. My kids have a terrific mother, but it seems the attraction of live music and "real time" Karaoke is quite a force for them. ;) It's great to see them have fun without all the lurid junk that goes on elsewhere, and that they are under my supervision all the while. :)

Same here, but I'm the divorced dad. My kids have a terrific mother, but it seems the attraction of live music and "real time" Karaoke is quite a force for them. ;) It's great to see them have fun without all the lurid junk that goes on elsewhere, and that they are under my supervision all the while. :)

Added that they like to be home with you and are proud that you are their dad or they wouldn't invite their friends over. Way to go!!! :good: :clapping:

Added that they like to be home with you and are proud that you are their dad or they wouldn't invite their friends over. Way to go!!! :good: :clapping:

It will always be considered a blessing to me that they do like being here a lot. :blush:

That was a sweet thing to say, and probably made my night. Thank you!