Paulding.com

WHERE HAVE ALL THE PEOPLE GONE...............

I am still popping in, I just don't have much to say.

I mean, I haven't been posting much.

(a lot of people think I have nothing to say when I do post a lot, so I thought I would clarify)

I wish you would start posting again, your very

funny and seem like a very nice person.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Then don't open the trucking thread. I always wondered what kind of cruel people would post those awful comments on Tripps FB page, now I know of at least one. What do you get off of it? Do you

meh.

.........they're riding 4 wheelers on other peoples property and shooting at neighbor kids. :wacko:

I would guess Spring Break slowed it a bit. Personally, I've been up really late doing paperwork after working in shop all day so I've been unable to gab like I love to do. Luckily my secretary starts tomorrow, so I'll be able to spend some evenings blabbing my big mouth again with you fine folks....don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing for yall...but at least it'll make me happier. I miss you guys! :wub:

Wow, your getting a secretary! Business must

be great, I'm happy for you.

Glad you'll be posting more. I love it when you

starting getting all philosophical and stuff! I've

actually learned a lot from your posts. :) You also

help me see things in a different light on more

than a few occasions . :)

I got a job. But I don't have any fun drama anyway.

Your posts never fail to crack me up. Remember

The one about rednecks all hopped up on pixie

sticks and Mountain Dew? You owe me a puter

screen for that gem. That's not the actual quote

but it's pretty damn close! Loved it!!

I'm glad you didn't let the man behind the curtain run you off :rofl:

Me too! What fun would this place be without

all of the colorful personalities!

Ok, to all of you I just kissed up to, just put the

check in the mail! Lol

I really mean it though :)

Boy does he have you fooled!!!

Just kidding, he is a good dude. Kinda funny lookin', but a good guy. :yahoo:

He is a very nice person I know him personally. Now that just ruined his reputation, or whatever was left of it.

I'm glad you didn't let the man behind the curtain run you off :rofl:

Thats why I came back with Heftys in hand. And because you posted that damn pic of leaving again blah blah blah. The man behind the curtain can never win, he has to maintain this site and doenst have enough time to watch me 100 percent of the time. And he loves me too much to let me go again. Pubby has a man crush on me, I just know it. :rofl:

Your posts never fail to crack me up. RememberThe one about rednecks all hopped up on pixiesticks and Mountain Dew? You owe me a puterscreen for that gem. That's not the actual quotebut it's pretty damn close! Loved it!!Me too! What fun would this place be without all of the colorful personalities!Ok, to all of you I just kissed up to, just put thecheck in the mail! LolI really mean it though :)

They get thinner by the day. :rofl:

Then some loud mouthed out of towner appeared to bitch about his bad car deal at the local ripoffs and started to upset the little man hiding behind the computer. He was losing control of these misfits; these ignorant out of touch misfits. After all, they dont know how to place a comma in a sentence or even write a three part thesis statement. So the little man was torn between melting and growing glaciers and hate for the loud mouth who really burned his biscuits. The little man was losing control and he had to do something....buying a gun to ward off the loud mouth would not pass his liberal smell test, he had to do something so he took off his shirt and went into a wild-eyed trance staring at his computer screen. He wrote the most circular and wild haired rant on climate change that not one person could understand nor comprehend. His control of the board was his throne and no one could question this.....he was sweating and reached for his bottle of formula and took a drink, he needed a nap but he had to finish this rant on global warming, errrrrrrrrr climate change so he carried on, these ignorant people dont understand the world like the little man does. He took another drink of formula and continued to type.......next....

You misfits are supposed to add to the story and keep it going.....do I have to run this place?

I have been posting all along, it's just that my posts haven't been that noticeable or that memorable.

I enjoy pcom and all of those who make it up.

I did notice that all of those who I have known, as they say IRL, for several years, seem to be lightning rods on here.

But then again, I have caused a few bolts myself so who am I to throw stones.

I can say that there is no lady (or person of the female sex, just in case lady is not politically correct :) ) that I have any issue with on pcom.

Yep, that includes the Great and Powerful former member. :)

They get thinner by the day. :rofl:

According to my doctor, I am supposed to be, but am not.

Congrats to Pubby for his weight loss.

He is looking better every time I see him. :clapping:

• Like 1

Have you ever pulled up a really old thread and just looked at all the folks that used to be here, and wonder where they are and how they're doing? I have.

Sometimes I wonder but most of the time I don't care. I remember "back in the day" when getting on here was something done out of excitement maybe....now it's just something to do when there is absolutely nothing else to do. If I'm really tired and trying hard to stay awake to watch that Law & Order rerun from 10 years ago I'll come on here for a few. That's how it is for me anyway. Well that and I'm fond of my facebook. I don't have to deal with censorship or dictatorship on there :)

Though I do have to say that I met "gonefromhere" (who is so nice might I add) the other day and purchased that tiller I was after. Guess some good things can come out of this god forsaken place :lol:

He lost the weight so I would find him attractive. :yahoo:

Oh snap!

We miss you too Subby. :wub:

You're too sweet!! Thanks! :blush:

Have you ever pulled up a really old thread and just looked at all the folks that used to be here, and wonder where they are and how they're doing? I have.

Yes. I'm relatively new compared to those peeps, but remember Psycomom, Soapmom, Liberty Lady, Lumak, Raiders Rock, Unionmom... (I'm still in touch with the last three) but these are the ones off the top of my head.

MrsHoward still stops by here i think... Jlh101010101010101 doesn't really post that i know of... MeWhoElse...Madea....

Lots of folks now have xxxxxxx as their names now, though.

Oscar (but she shows up a guest?) QOSTA (is that right?)

you either have to pay to post or they wont let you say a resturaunt sucks an use the name of it cause its to sensitive an that is just your opinion... well steak an shake said they would send me free milkshake coupons to come back their an I have yet to recieve them.

you either have to pay to post or they wont let you say a resturaunt sucks an use the name of it cause its to sensitive an that is just your opinion... well steak an shake said they would send me free milkshake coupons to come back their an I have yet to recieve them.

Garesident:

Yes, we have rules and I can see from your post you don't quite understand them.

First, I don't care if you want to say a restaurant offers the greatest cuisine on earth, if THEY aren't a paying member, their trade name is not allowed in the title of a topic. It may be silly but the ability to be titled means the topic is going to be high in a google search if it is here.

Whether the member is paid or not makes no difference.

Our problem with the this or that business sucks, ripped you off or any number of things is that we've had instances where one competitor trashed another competitor because they figured they would benefit from trashing their competition.

As a general rule ... and a few things like low health dept. score is an exception ... we shunt posts and topics critical of businesses off to the covert condescension topic not to hide it from the visitors - THE PASSWORD IS: ON - but because we don't want it cataloged on google. Why?

Because if the business is a paulding.com business member, the title would likely have the business's name in the title and it would definitely be at or near the top of google search and it would be like we're punishing our paying members. However, it is not fair to protect just our business members so we try to move them all there.

But know that just because you have chosen to purchase a membership doesn't give you the right to trash someone.

The second reason we are sensitive in this realm is because we offer a certain level of anonymity to posters but be aware, it the anonymity we offer can be pierced by a subpoena (provided we don't choose to fight the subpoena.)

The key thing to remember is that nothing on Gods' green earth, including a membership here, gives anyone the right to lie about another person or business but generally if you tell the truth - you know comments like: the fries had way too much salt on them for my taste, the mayonnaise was served in a side dish and it looked to be half clear and half white and I was afraid to use it. Do say, my feet seemed to stick to the floor as I went toward the bathroom which was not up to my standards but don't say, the waitress was a pig and must roll on the floor after spitting on the food. (Why? It is a fact that no pig is a waitress; they don't have the skills and I've never seen one in a restaurant much less one rolling around on the floor and since pigs aren't in restaurants except as food, they don't spit on food.)

Finally, if a business does post a sale or some other 'advertisement' don't come in and rain on their parade. Don't do it. Start your own topic citing your objections instead. We double-bullet for violating this rule (raining on a business member's parade.)

pubby

Sometimes I wonder but most of the time I don't care. I remember "back in the day" when getting on here was something done out of excitement maybe....now it's just something to do when there is absolutely nothing else to do. If I'm really tired and trying hard to stay awake to watch that Law & Order rerun from 10 years ago I'll come on here for a few. That's how it is for me anyway. Well that and I'm fond of my facebook. I don't have to deal with censorship or dictatorship on there :)

Though I do have to say that I met "gonefromhere" (who is so nice might I add) the other day and purchased that tiller I was after. Guess some good things can come out of this god forsaken place :lol:

Oh snap!

Agree. This place has become........insignificant.

As much as I lovw checking in....it has.

Agree. This place has become........insignificant.

As much as I lovw checking in....it has.

Agreed...so why don't WE all pitch in and make it what it was? As far as business, it's terrific...but I do miss a lot of stuff. Heck, I'm member 40 (initially) and that was so many years ago, I've been through 3 wives wince then! :lol: (only 2 women, the first was the 3rd)....anyhoo..all you guys have to do is bring up something and let's all blab together. I promise to be more available and stir pots, be nice, be stinky, what ever it takes....or my best talent...Make YOU think!! ;)

• Like 2

I'm not gonna beat up on pubby. Facebook has made it tough on forums. I am a mod or admin on two forums and we've felt the shift to Facebook as well.

Personally, I still prefer the forum format. But a lot of people are Facebook junkies.

I'm not gonna beat up on pubby. Facebook has made it tough on forums. I am a mod or admin on two forums and we've felt the shift to Facebook as well.

Personally, I still prefer the forum format. But a lot of people are Facebook junkies.

You are correct sir. As much as I do not agree with Pubby and as much as he hates my friggin guts I have to be honest about it all. Pubby probably only runs off a few people (because we violate his rules and its his business and his living), a pittance to what Facebook has dragged away from here. Before it was MySpace and that site didnt seem to have the same affect because it seemed to be deemed a teenager site. Facebook has brought in everyone from the little kids to us older crowd. Personally I prefer fighting with Pubby. :blink:

Edited by DiehardKy

you too, I had surgery on my right hand last Tuesday. Life is tough when you are a righty and having to use the lefty.LOL

Sure is. Haven't been able to use mine well since surgery in December and again in February. Hope you do well. I still enjoy P.com and will continue to visit. Just glad to be alive to do that!

You are correct sir. As much as I do not agree with Pubby and as much as he hates my friggin guts I have to be honest about it all. Pubby probably only runs off a few people (because we violate his rules and its his business and his living), a pittance to what Facebook has dragged away from here. Before it was MySpace and that site didnt seem to have the same affect because it seemed to be deemed a teenager site. Facebook has brought in everyone from the little kids to us older crowd. Personally I prefer fighting with Pubby. :blink:

That's like trying to teach a pig to play the violin. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I use Facebook to keep up with my childhood friends and my hobbies and family, etc.

I like P.com for the local news and happenings.

It has been pretty peaceful the past few weeks since a certain poster has either died, given up his moronic posting compulsions, been banned, or is in rehab from his Drambuie addiction. I'm hoping for the banned. 8)

• Like 1

I use Facebook to keep up with my childhood friends and my hobbies and family, etc.

It has been pretty peaceful the past few weeks since a certain poster has either died, given up his moronic posting compulsions, been banned, or is in rehab from his Drambuie addiction. I'm hoping for the banned. 8)

I don't understand, Pubby is still here. :yahoo: (joking)

Funny, I didn't even realize he hasn't been around until you just mentioned it. Perhaps that's because I don't troll him and get my knickers in a wad over everything he posts. Life is too short for that crap.

• Like 2

I think many are still here and lurking.

Some, how many I don't know, are possibly still licking their wounds, and trying to repair their egos after the elections. With 3+ years of hearing how the POTUS was going to be tossed out by a landslide, I guess the humble pie has been more than they could digest.

I miss some of the bantering and debating....reasonable conversations.

I don't miss the name calling and spinning off topic just because they could.

Over the years I have found p.com to occupy an appropriate niche for the community.

Too bad Pubby does not have the budget to have full time reporters on the scene.

It would be nice to have the BOC meetings on film on here for those who don't get cable channel 16, with commentary and explanations.

Maybe even some investigative reporting digging into why the BOC does some of the things they do.....like what real estate agent they use when buying property for the county that does not even require a real estate agent ?

Or why certain individuals are appointed to various boards who turn out to be friends or relatives of friends without much in the way of qualifications.

But on the buying and selling, I have found p.com to be a great source. We have many household/yard items we have purchased on p.com that have been some great deals. And we have sold quite a bit of stuff as well. No complaints there at all.

I found the best lawnmower mechanic in the world on p.com....thank you Subby.

Septic service, appliance repair, accountants, HVAC, and the list goes on. I basically ONLY use p.com advertisers, and I know many others who do the same.

For those my age, the obituaries are relevant, and allows for making plans sooner when a friend, or member of their family has passed, and offer condolences.

I miss keeping up with Miss Jessie, and seeing her presence in Hiram. Maybe Paulette can have her "shopping cart bill" repealed now that Miss Jessie is no longer a threat to her.

Feelip picked up the last 25# of the duck livers shipped to me by mistake last winter. One of his in laws from the Balkan region is going to make some sort of sausage or other stuff using them.

Carpenter Bee trap anyone ? I have 12-15 cut out that just need gluing and bradding together.

And several of the larger Bat Colony Houses.

Varigated Hosta, Thrift, Crimson Star Hibiscus, and perrenial herbs....we have plenty of all for sale or barter. Looking for maters and pepper plants.

Is p.com as popular now as it was several years ago?

Who knows?

There are not as many posts, but also not as many trolls with non-sensical topics.

Personnally, I think most of the "lost" posters, were those who rigidly classify themselves with the "you are either with us, or against us", and have moved on leaving the field open for those who don't paint themselves so black and white, leaving some room to take a more moderate position.

And p.com has introduced us to many other people that we have become friends with.

Can't be all bad. Thank you Pubby for what you do.

• Like 1

I remember when P.com was a great source about local news, gossip, local politics and taking up causes for animals. I first posted about a dog I caught a woman trying to abandon. She ended up doing so at the Comet trail. The dog was found and we named her Cinderella. A lot of people here helped with this poor sick dog. She found a good home through a rescue, via The Pauding Animal shelter.

Then there was Lily, the half dead mamma dog found with her pups. We banded together and had many auctions and fundraisers for Lily's vet bills. I think those are my favorite memories here, when people pulled together for a great cause instead of bickering.

I wouldn't bet on that.