Paulding.com

Riding your 4 wheeler

I believe there is a place out in the Cedartown/Rockmart area that is a park with trails for 4 wheelers and dirt bikes. You can also camp there. However, there are fees involved, but it would be cheaper than buying your own land or an annual lease on hunting property. I wish I could think of the name of it for you but maybe someone else on here will remember it.

This is something else that Paulding County could use.

There is enough unused land in this county that someone should open up a dirt track for bikes and another one for 4 wheelers.

This is something else that Paulding County could use.

There is enough unused land in this county that someone should open up a dirt track for bikes and another one for 4 wheelers.

Very true about the "unused land" but, the liability insurance would probably be so expensive and might not generate enough income to cover the insurance, salaries, upkeep, maintainance and all of the other things that come into play when you are running a business such as this.

• Like 1

ON YOUR "OWN" PROPERTY. Power lines are private property and NOT late at night. We hear them in our s/d as late as 3 am. No kidding.

Mrs.G, you wrote what I have been thinking. I have never understood why folks buy 4 wheelers and they do not have a place to ride them.They are not made to ride on pavement, in subdivisions, or to ride on other peoples property.

• Like 2

Top Trails in Anniston is good and only $5 per person. Durhamtown is good too but expensive. My favorite place is Prentice Cooper (Chattanooga) . Its free but parts of it are closed for Turkey nesting and hunting in April. Check the website for dates. Pretty rock cliffs overlooking the Tennessee

River and miles and miles of trails.

Mrs.G, you wrote what I have been thinking. I have never understood why folks buy 4 wheelers and they do not have a place to ride them.They are not made to ride on pavement, in subdivisions, or to ride on other peoples property.

Just an FYI: Riding ATV's or dirt bikes on public roads, in subdivisions or on another person's property without the property owner's permission, are all ILLEGAL acts in Paulding County. An adult who allows their child to do these things is also doing so illegally. These actions can be reported to the Sheriff's Office non-emergency number. 770-445-2117

Just an FYI: Riding ATV's or dirt bikes on public roads, in subdivisions or on another person's property without the property owner's permission, are all ILLEGAL acts in Paulding County. An adult who allows their child to do these things is also doing so illegally. These actions can be reported to the Sheriff's Office non-emergency number. 770-445-2117

MsGaStorm, I am very aware that is is illegal. I own 2 that I ride on "MY PROPERTY" here, I also have 200 acres in Middle GA. that I ride on. I would have never bought them HOPING to find a place to ride them or trespassing on someone's property to ride.I am no ones keeper, Teenagers are the ones riding on the power line right of way and when those kids get hurt or killed on them then the parents will have to live with it, as well as the property owner that owns the property where they were riding or trespassing illegally.There are business' that they can be rode at like the ones recommended. That is where they need to be if they do not own property to ride.

We are constantly running people off our property on four wheelers. Two subdivisions back up against our property and people just assume since it is wooded and our sons ride on it they can to. Most of the time it is grown men not kids that we run off. If you want to own four wheelers don't buy a house in a subdivision buy something with some acreage and ride on your own property. We didn't own four wheelers until after we bought this property 15 years ago.

I dont know if its "kosher" or not, but behind the 278 Movie Theater and that cement company, (Metromont Road) there is quite a bit of raw land that people are always riding on. I have seen pickups parked in there quite often! Its wide open, no subdivisions around, and very little traffic.

Why is it that so many people with 4 wheelers and dirt bikes think they can ride where ever they please, even on other peoples property? 2 weeks ago there were several teens riding dirt bikes and 4 wheelers into our cul-de-sac and then racing through front yards to turn around, including ours. We nipped that in the bud real quick. I don't care if you have wheels under your a$$ and have no place to ride, stay out of my yard.

This post isn't directed at the OP in any way, just an observation.

I dont know if its "kosher" or not, but behind the 278 Movie Theater and that cement company, (Metromont Road) there is quite a bit of raw land that people are always riding on. I have seen pickups parked in there quite often! Its wide open, no subdivisions around, and very little traffic.

RIDE THERE AND GO TO JAIL! WE HAVE HAD IT WITH THE NOISE, THE DUST AND THE DUMBASSES THAT THINK IT IS OKAY TO RIDE ON PROPERTY THEY DON'T OWN.

PAULDING COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE IS READY TO RESPOND TO OUR PHONE CALLS.

ALSO, THE GA ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION DIVISION IS WANTING TO TALK TO SOME OF THESE PEOPLE ABOUT SILTING A COUPLE OF LAKES.

SO BY ALL MEANS, COME ON DOWN. :angry2:

• Like 2

RIDE THERE AND GO TO JAIL! WE HAVE HAD IT WITH THE NOISE, THE DUST AND THE DUMBASSES THAT THINK IT IS OKAY TO RIDE ON PROPERTY THEY DON'T OWN.

ALSO, THE GA ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION DIVISION IS WANTING TO TALK TO SOME OF THESE PEOPLE ABOUT SILTING A COUPLE OF LAKES.

we were out riding saturday, on our motorcycle (street not dirt) and rode by there and I was surprised top see the 4-wheelers riding there. my husband said if they get caught they will be going to jail. but there were trucks/trailers parked every were so they were not trying to hide.

we have 4 wheelers, my husband uses for hunting, I also ride one on our property. riding on the pavement is bad for the tires :pardon:

we were out riding saturday, on our motorcycle (street not dirt) and rode by there and I was surprised top see the 4-wheelers riding there. my husband said if they get caught they will be going to jail. but there were trucks/trailers parked every were so they were not trying to hide.

we have 4 wheelers, my husband uses for hunting, I also ride one on our property. riding on the pavement is bad for the tires :pardon:

And to the idiot that said "there are no subdivisions around there." What the hell difference does it make whether it is a subdivision or one house on 50 acres?

Pass the word, the property on Poole / Roper Road is NOT a place you want to be riding in the dirt. We are going to be sending you to jail! Try me.

• Like 1

I am very sorry that's why I said I wasn't sure if that area was kosher or not. I myself do not own or ride and therefore I guess I wil plead ignorance . Please accept m.y apologies

• Like 1

I am very sorry that's why I said I wasn't sure if that area was kosher or not. I myself do not own or ride and therefore I guess I wil plead ignorance . Please accept m.y apologies

Sorry. I was a little rough. Actually I was an ass. All of us have become quite frustrated with the mess the developer left here. What is more frustrating is that they knew they had no potential buyers, they were just trying to settle a debt with a grading company so they destroyed the area and left it a mess.

It is illegal to ride on that property and we have had some people locked up, as have my neighbors. And now that it is summer and we like to sit outside and enjoy the quiet outdoors, I will be calling the PCSO. I just spent Easter evening listening to some nimrod going around and around on his 4 wheeler. I will not do it any longer.

• Like 1

Sorry. I was a little rough. Actually I was an ass. All of us have become quite frustrated with the mess the developer left here. What is more frustrating is that they knew they had no potential buyers, they were just trying to settle a debt with a grading company so they destroyed the area and left it a mess.

It is illegal to ride on that property and we have had some people locked up, as have my neighbors. And now that it is summer and we like to sit outside and enjoy the quiet outdoors, I will be calling the PCSO. I just spent Easter evening listening to some nimrod going around and around on his 4 wheeler. I will not do it any longer.

good.gifgood.gifgood.gifclapping.gif

We came by here this evening about 6 and saw at least 6 4-wheelers, 7-8 dirt bikes and 4 or 5 pick up trucks there. From the looks of the dirt and mud appeared they had been there for a while and I didn't see any law anywhere around.

The OP just asked where he could ride. Dayum!

Trust me, I don't think the OP tucks his tail and runs.

Probably doesn't figure it's worth fighting over.

No wonder so many don't feel comfortable posting

or asking simple questions.

• Like 1

We came by here this evening about 6 and saw at least 6 4-wheelers, 7-8 dirt bikes and 4 or 5 pick up trucks there. From the looks of the dirt and mud appeared they had been there for a while and I didn't see any law anywhere around.

They stayed up on the upper end yesterday and today. Has a couple of screamers down on my end this evening, Started to have his goofy ass locked up but I was busy.

I used to trail ride a good bit and ran into dirt bikes every once in a while. Sorry, but they did not show any concern that I was on a 1100 pound animal that thought for sure that these little snot nosed teenagers were going to eat them alive. This happened more than once and when I tell you they presented a potentially dangerous situation, trust me, they had absolutely no regard for anybody's safety. Therefore, I have nothing but bad feelings for them.

Btw, I rode National Park trails where dirt bikes were not allowed. Saw lots of kids with the parents on the trails. Way to teach your kids the right thing to do! :angry: :angry:

Maybe if you saw what could happen to a person after a horse wreck.......you would have some courtesy, never mind what you are doing is illegal.

I am not disagreeing with a lot of the comments regarding the subject of riding in undesignated areas. I just don't understand why this thread was used,not by all, to vent your frustrations. The OP simply asked where he could legally ride. I would also like to add that all kids who ride are not snot nosed brats who have total disregard for the law. There are plenty of parents who teach their kids the rules. I don't like blanket statements, it's just not fair. Granted there are plenty of adults who do think they're above the law and can do as they please. The kids learn it from their ignorant parents who are too damn lazy to parent.

Again, don't get why Animals simple question caused such a stir.

Edited by dana

I am not disagreeing with a lot of the comments regarding the subject of riding in undesignated areas. I just don't understand why this thread was used,not by all, to vent your frustrations. The OP simply asked where he could legally ride. I would also like to add that all kids who ride are not snot nosed brats who have total disregard for the law. There are plenty of parents who teach their kids the rules. I don't like blanket statements, it's just not fair. Granted there are plenty of adults who do think they're above the law and can do as they please. The kids learn it from their ignorant parents who are too damn lazy to parent.

Again, don't get why Animals simple question caused such a stir.

Why are some folks sticklers for making sure every comment is a direct response to the question? Is it really a bad thing to expand the conversation as long as it pertains to the original subject?

You are the only one I see complaining about this.

Why are some folks sticklers for making sure every comment is a direct response to the question? Is it really a bad thing to expand the conversation as long as it pertains to the original subject?

You are the only one I see complaining about this.

I'm not a stickler for making sure every comment doesn't stray from the main topic. I don't want to argue with anyone at all. I was stating an observation I made. I had an opinion, I expressed it. I already said I agree with a lot of the comments about the irresponsible owners of these very dangerous Four wheelers and annoying they can be. To answer your question, no, it's not a bad idea to expand on the conversation. I appreciate the way you asked the question in a respectful manner instead of attacking me. You make a valid point.

Hope you have a good day. :)

Edited by dana