Paulding.com

Wdwinfo and mousesavers.com. both give you the current discounts and offer helpful advice. Check the novice forums. Magic Kingdom, EPCOT and Hollywood Studios are full day. Parks. Animal Kingdom is a half day. Fast Pass s a must. Disney groups their resorts into Value, Moderate and Deluxe. I think you get your most bang for your buck at the moderates or the two lower Deluxe. Those are the Animal kingdom and Wilderness Lodges. If you intend on getting a meal plan you need to start planning your meals at least 3 months out.

Planning our first Disney trip for kids 7 and 10. What's the best park to visit? Best places to stay and eat? Are the package deals worth it? Where I may find discounts?

We stayed at the Palms Villas on Parkway Blvd. http://www.thepalmsh...om/specials.php Its near the Radisson. They are very reasonable and have kitchens (no oven but stove and fridge etc.) They can sleep up to 6 and do not charge for extra people up to 8. Its very near Disney off of HWY 192. I would book it straight thru them, its cheaper. They have a great free breakfast every morning and a nice pool and hot tub. Pool is open till 11 pm. The hotel has free parking, its included so thats a big deal in Orlando. This is not the top notch hotel but it serves the purpose and is safe and clean. Also there is a supermarket by the Palms Villas that has the best Rotisserie Chicken that comes with black beans and rice for 9.99, feeds about 4 people. We did that one night and loved it. Say hello to the woman from Israel working behind the counter who cooks the chicken. Eating in the park is really not all that expensive but it adds up. I suggest if you do eat in the park find the place that has free refills on drinks, there is one in Hollywood Studios. Save your cup and go back and refill later. Drinks do get expensive. Meals are around 8 to 10 dollars in the parks. They have kids meals that are about half that.

If you stay in the Disney Hotels you will pay more but if you drive to the parks from an outside hotel its 14 dollars a day to park and that parking is good for all day at Disney Parks (Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom). I would get a park hopper so you can move around and see other things if one park is too crowded. Personally I think the best Park is Animal Kingdom. Great rides and play grounds for the little ones and its rarely overcrowded. Magic Kingdom is open till 1AM in the morning so we would leave the other parks that close at 9 or 10 and go back to Magic Kingdom to ride things at night when the crowd is gone.

Have a great vacation!

Edited by DiehardKy

Definitely do Magic Kingdom--that's where all the magic is, the classic rides. If able, get the Parkhopper option on your tickets so you can visit multiple parks. You NEED to do the Fast Pass at most rides. Fast Pass is free and you use your park entrance ticket, scan it at the ride's kiosk and get a printed receipt of what time frame to return to that ride and almost walk right on the ride. Plan a full day at Magic Kingdom then half day at Animal Kingdom (go straight to the African Safari first thing when the park opens--it's amazing) then half day at Epcot, and maybe most of a day at MGM Studios (I think it's now called Hollywood Studios). There's a free area outside the parks, just off I-4 called Downtown Disney with lots of shops and restaurants and fun things to see--check out the Lego store for the kids. Food in the parks is rather expensive, but if it's the first visit then you have to eat at least one meal in the park just for the experience. Enjoy!

We used Jill at Enchanting Memories Travel here in Dallas when we went a couple of years ago. She took care of booking everything and it was a few hundred dollars cheaper going through her. Travel Agents usually can save you some money and their services are free. Took alot of the stress off of me! Here's her FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Enchanting-Memories-Travel/121374872837

• Like 1

Definitely do Magic Kingdom--that's where all the magic is, the classic rides. If able, get the Parkhopper option on your tickets so you can visit multiple parks. You NEED to do the Fast Pass at most rides. Fast Pass is free and you use your park entrance ticket, scan it at the ride's kiosk and get a printed receipt of what time frame to return to that ride and almost walk right on the ride. Plan a full day at Magic Kingdom then half day at Animal Kingdom (go straight to the African Safari first thing when the park opens--it's amazing) then half day at Epcot, and maybe most of a day at MGM Studios (I think it's now called Hollywood Studios). There's a free area outside the parks, just off I-4 called Downtown Disney with lots of shops and restaurants and fun things to see--check out the Lego store for the kids. Food in the parks is rather expensive, but if it's the first visit then you have to eat at least one meal in the park just for the experience. Enjoy!

Yes, do not walk around all day like we did before we found out what the Fast Pass is. I thought you had to pay for head of the line like at some amusement parks. Not the case, Fast Pass is the best way to ride. We did it for Space Mountain and my daughter walked right on and right back off the ride, took about 10 minutes tops to ride and meet back with us.

Thank you all :)

We will be going to Downtown Disney! Thanks for pointing that out.

We have stayed at several different levels of hotels in Disney; The sports one (value) was nice and served the purpose, especially with kids. We used the Park hopper pass, so we could go to the different parks anytime. For kids your age, Magic Kingdom is a must. Our teens liked Epcot and Animal Kingdom.

I just found time to check the place out. Yes, that is a HUGE savings for us, would cut our lodging price in half. Thanks!

You are welcome. We saved quite a bit staying there. Made the trip more fun when you dont spend all your life savings and you can plan to do more with the extra cash. Have fun!

First of all stay in the park. All of the resorts are great, and you get to use the busses. The best value resort is Pop-Century because they do not share busses with any of the other resorts. You also get the extended hours for the parks. Magic Kingdom is open until 3 am a couple of night a week and the other parks stay open til like 11 or 12 on the extended hours. Get a hopper pass so you can do what you want. If you get too tired you can leave and return as many times as you like.

Have fun and enjoy planning your vacation

The water parks are a lot of fun too.

I agree staying in the park has it's perks. We stayed at All Star Music and enjoyed it. Whatever you do I'm sure you'll have a great time. What time of year are you going? I was there between Christmas and New Years. It was super crowded but we still had an awesome time.

Definitely stay on property if you can, so you can go back to the room in the afternoons and take a break. We love to go back and lounge around the pool. Afternoons are the hottest times and busiest times in the parks. Then you can back in the evening as a lot of people are heading out, which is especially good if there are evening extra magic hours.

Keep your eyes on disney's website for information about their new ticketing and fastpass systems. There just installed a new RFID system which is going to allow you to do some sort of online fastpass reservation. I haven't seen the details on it yet.

If you need some help planning, my sister-in-law specializes in disney vacations - Nki Rakowitz, owner of Care Travel - (785) 537-8444