Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
em1973

No contract cell phone company

So i have been with this company for 2+ years, enrolled in auto refill for that long at $45 a month unlimited text, talk, web........this company now has the kiosk to purchase phone sim cards and such, green in logo. Anyhow, two months ago my phone was cut off, remember enrolled in auto refill, so i called of course was told we had insufficiant funds when they tried to take out payment well i am looking at bank account for the day she says this supposedly happened, and yep funds WERE available, then she blames it on my bank. I spoke with manager who apologized, of course took my money to reactivate and that was it. Well angry as i was i asked why i was not getting offered an incentive, so she says she can put my service end date at a later day, yea what good does that do............NONE. Was reassured was in auto refill, last month comes money taken out all is good. Well here we go, today go to use my phone and yep you guessed it cut off.....no warning either time. So use hubys prepaid phone to call, yes eating up his minutes, to argue with this customer service person who only wants me to pay and go about his business AND tells me its a glitch on my part or my banks part, ha, lets blame the customer for your fault. Nope, i asked to speak to a manager, i am pissed off to no end, he tells me to hold, yea for over and hour I did hold......wow really pissed now. hang up, call back (after hubby is telling me f them and find someone else) immediatly tell the guy i want a manager NOW, do not put me on hold again, NOW!!!! He says ok hold one moment......then hangs up on me!! Unreal!!!!!!!! So of course I email them a very pleasent meassage, (ha yea right)....then get on their fb page and in all caps write a really nice loving post, for ALL to see!!!! Someone from this company tells me i need to do this at this link, ok......go to it and it tells me i cant file this complaint because this email has been deleted from there side.....unbleieveable!!! Now this guy has asked me to message him personally.....made it very clear I WILL be getting a new service tomorrow.......I have NO phone, for school to get in touch with me, my MIL who is in nursing home and the rest of my family.......I wish i could say who this company is on here so you all would know and i would NOT recommend them.....seems loosing a 2+ year, loyal, payed on time customer who has spoke highly of them and even got them more customers they would care a bit more!!!

OK sorry vet over!!!

SO............any suggestions on non contract phone services, need coverage out here in Union!! thanks

I would rethink making the decision to let someone refill thier pockets with my money automatically taken out of my account. Just sayin'

• Like 2

I've been with metro pcs for 7 years. (customer, not employee) No contract, pay online or in store. Unlimited monthly minutes/texts/internet on my plan ($40 a month). They have plans ranging from $25 to $50 a month depending on usage needs. You do need a Metro phone, but can buy a used one in store or online and they will turn it on for a fee of about $20 (no fee if you buy it from them, either new or used).

Hope this helps!

I have a Sprint prepay phone. It's iWireless and you can get them at Kroger.

I've been happy with it.

Really? you have web access?? how much a month??

I have a Sprint prepay phone. It's iWireless and you can get them at Kroger.

I've been happy with it.

I'm with sprint now and my contract has ended. I was thinking Straight Talk, but I want to keep the phone I have since nothing is wrong with it. Do you get the same coverage and call quality with their prepay as you do with a contract? $95 a month (contract) is a bit steep and I want something less expensive.

I'm with sprint now and my contract has ended. I was thinking Straight Talk, but I want to keep the phone I have since nothing is wrong with it. Do you get the same coverage and call quality with their prepay as you do with a contract? $95 a month (contract) is a bit steep and I want something less expensive.

yes you will the phone, that was cut off, is through sprint.....but im reading other reviews where straight talk has cut peoples phones off even though they have paid....i dont know if you will be able to keep phone cause you would need a sim card so if your phone has no sim card you wouldnt be able to use them. im thinking boost, they have a plan for $50 and you pay on time for so many months they knock $5 off till you get to like $35 a month, and from what i, understanding, depending on phone you get is the tower/company (sprint, att, verizon) you bing off of....

BTW guys, im the op i just have 2 computers and for some reason coudlnt log in as happy2bme on this one........idk what i did wrong

yes you will the phone, that was cut off, is through sprint.....but im reading other reviews where straight talk has cut peoples phones off even though they have paid....i dont know if you will be able to keep phone cause you would need a sim card so if your phone has no sim card you wouldnt be able to use them. im thinking boost, they have a plan for $50 and you pay on time for so many months they knock $5 off till you get to like $35 a month, and from what i, understanding, depending on phone you get is the tower/company (sprint, att, verizon) you bing off of....

BTW guys, im the op i just have 2 computers and for some reason coudlnt log in as happy2bme on this one........idk what i did wrong

To go with ST I would need another phone, my Evo does not have a SIM card. If the Sprint prepay is just as good as the contract, then I would like to go that route and keep my Sprint phone and use their prepay plan.

She does. I think for unlimited everything it was $50 a month, but she only does unlimited text now. She rarely talks on it and if she surfs, she is usually hooked to our wireless network. I think she is paying $30 now.

• Like 1

My step mom has Net10. When my dad was alive I was paying his every month and he got 750 minutes for $25. I had it auto enrolled and it came out of my checking account every month. My S-M pays $45 or $50 and has unlimited everything...she is auto enrolled and is billed the same thing every month. They were with Verizon...but was paying $170 a month for 2 phones. They just couldn't afford it. I offered to pay it for them..but said no.. But they did switch last summer to Net10 and I was able to pay for their bills without them knowing.... lol when my S-M found out that it wasn't coming out of her account she called them and they told her it was coming out of her daughters account she changed it on me... LOL So now I just mail her a $50 every month...she will call and yell at me...but I don't care! I like doing for her...she took great care of my daddy when he was sick...it's the least I could do! :drinks:

• Like 1

She does. I think for unlimited everything it was $50 a month, but she only does unlimited text now. She rarely talks on it and if she surfs, she is usually hooked to our wireless network. I think she is paying $30 now.

Thanks, Papi, I will look into that plan.

Our 2 youngest use Virgin Mobile. They get 250 mins. per month, unlimited text and web. My daughter pays $25/month. She has had her account for about 2 years so she is grandfathered in at that price My son pays $35 a month. He just got his new account in September. They both have smartphones. Nothing extravagant, just normal run of the mill smartphones. We paid $40 each for them while on sale at BestBuy.com or OfficeMax.com, can't remember which. They have better reception than Hubs and I do with Boost.

LOL So now I just mail her a $50 every month...she will call and yell at me...but I don't care! I like doing for her...she took great care of my daddy when he was sick...it's the least I could do! :drinks:

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Here are the two best plans at the moment.

1) MetroPCS http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1184570/

2) TracFone http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1255021/

The TracFone will offer triple minutes and cost only $6.66 a month. My wife needs to call me once to twice a day and she uses that for this purpose.

MetroPCS is perfect for unlimited talk/text. $25 a month. Can't beat it.

Hope this helps...

To go with ST I would need another phone, my Evo does not have a SIM card. If the Sprint prepay is just as good as the contract, then I would like to go that route and keep my Sprint phone and use their prepay plan.

i looked a sprint prepay and if i were you i would do that......you can keep your phone then.....hubby and i have decided that when taxes come back i can get the phone i really want and will change from straigh talk, i swallowed my pride and paid for this month cause i just dont have the money to get another phone and service now. Plus bday is soon so my new phone will be present!! and change service, very excited about that but not happy with myself about paying them this month, mom says gotta do what ya gotta do sometimes and move on!!

We've been with Straight Talk for years with no issues.In fact,the few times we've needed customer service,we've been very pleased.

Really? you have web access?? how much a month??

Yep.

Being at home I don't get a lot of calls on my cell. I mostly text and surf web so I'm on the $25 plan.

And you can link your Kroger plus card and earn minutes when you buy groceries. :)

Here's the link:

http://iwirelesshome.com/shop/plans

What he said! :lol:

That is really odd. My moms phone, my bfs phone and my phone (all straightalk, all same android model) all 3 pay dates are the same. We werent able to pay right away and it normally will shut off at midnight. Not this time. We still had service for a few days (almost a month for my mom) only the caller ID was not working. Other than this one time (which wasnt really a problem to still have service lol) we have not had any problems with them and have been with them for about 1 1/2 years. And my BIL just bought a straightalk sims card for his att iphone today. For some reason he got a 470 area code tho!?

That is really odd. My moms phone, my bfs phone and my phone (all straightalk, all same android model) all 3 pay dates are the same. We werent able to pay right away and it normally will shut off at midnight. Not this time. We still had service for a few days (almost a month for my mom) only the caller ID was not working. Other than this one time (which wasnt really a problem to still have service lol) we have not had any problems with them and have been with them for about 1 1/2 years. And my BIL just bought a straightalk sims card for his att iphone today. For some reason he got a 470 area code tho!?

Thats the new area code around this area. I purchased my mom an ATT gophone, and she got the 470 area code, I just called them and asked for a 770 or 678 area code and they switched it with no problems.

Just talked with a friend who was having trouble with their phone from straight talk and they sent them a new phone.......now why wouldnt they offer me ANYTHING for my troubles?? I dont know whats going on with this company

Just talked with a friend who was having trouble with their phone from straight talk and they sent them a new phone.......now why wouldnt they offer me ANYTHING for my troubles?? I dont know whats going on with this company

Sometimes it depends on the interaction itself.

We've had straight talk for several years, and never had any problem. Ours is a monthly debit. They usually email me a few days before to let us know they are fixin' to debit.

We've had straight talk for several years, and never had any problem. Ours is a monthly debit. They usually email me a few days before to let us know they are fixin' to debit.

yep..........up until 3 months ago i would get a text, i just dont get it, never had a problem till then

Often that is the case.

While i do agree and if you knew me youd know that i am very laid back and normally dont ever say anything.....now i was very nice (at first) both times this happened. Now when i was told it was my fault, well i was not as nice......my friend said he was cussing them out and he got this new phone. He said the number he has is directly to a manager,of course i got someone, all times, that was very hard to understand what they were saying

I honestly tried to be nice and tolerant and such.....but i reached a point where it was no longer possible for me

While i do agree and if you knew me youd know that i am very laid back and normally dont ever say anything.....now i was very nice (at first) both times this happened. Now when i was told it was my fault, well i was not as nice......my friend said he was cussing them out and he got this new phone. He said the number he has is directly to a manager,of course i got someone, all times, that was very hard to understand what they were saying

I honestly tried to be nice and tolerant and such.....but i reached a point where it was no longer possible for me

I understand 100%. My husband makes me deal with all customer service issues.