Paulding.com

"Ear plugs" just my bill-paying humble opinion

When getting that or a neck tattoo, you have to realize that you ARE cutting out certain opportunities. Like it or not, people ARE judging and it IS going to keep you from landing certain jobs.

I have a niece who decided to rebel a few years back and get a wiccan pentagram neck tattoo that covers her neck, chest, and more.. and now she walks around clueless why she cannot get a job anywhere, why "nice" guys won't approach her, much less talk to her, and considers everyone else in the family "OVER-Judgmental". :blink: :blink: :blink:

I often wonder what they will do in the future when they dont want to wear them or they droop so far it takes a tube of Seal a Gasket to fill in the gaps. But I dont judge people by the way they look, I judge them by their character. There have been a few of these lobe people that I tend to like. One thing I like about them is they have the self esteem to wear something out of the ordinary and dont care what others think. That is a great character trait.

• Like 2

I don't like the look but if somebody does, it's their choice and it has no bearing on what type of person they are or how they do their job.

[/quote

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! :good: :clapping: :drinks: My youngest daughter has 27 tattoos, I think that's right, and she is one of the best people I know. She is often judged because of it, but the next time you call Paulding County 911, she could very well be the one saving you life or your loved ones life and she's darn good at her job. I DO NOT love tattoos or piercings and certainly not gauged ears, but those things don't make the person, their heart does and people who choose different adornments for their own body need to make a living too. It infuriates me when people assume that a tattoo or some other odd external choice makes you a thug or somehow a lesser person. 'Oh, it's your choice, but just not around me'. It's narrow minded and presumptuous.

As long as you do your job and act like a decent human being, who cares? He!!, I've seen some pretty ugly people in my time with no tattoos, but you look past it and go on and treat people with courtesy until they deserve otherwise.

• Like 3

Well I grew up in the 70's and I remember my older brother asking my dad to use the car for a date. My dad told him to get a hair cut and he could use the car. My brother piped up and said Jesus had long hair...dad said that's why he walked every where he went!

• Like 2

Well I grew up in the 70's and I remember my older brother asking my dad to use the car for a date. My dad told him to get a hair cut and he could use the car. My brother piped up and said Jesus had long hair...dad said that's why he walked every where he went!

Hilarious, something my Dad would have come up with too. Long hair was the reason no one got a job back then. I do agree with the neck tattoo comments though. I find it very hard to have a serious discussion with someone who would tattoo something on their neck. There is a difference in having a tattoo on your arm that says Mom and a tattoo on the neck of a Pot Leaf.

In the future I suggest you ask for a server without outlandish body piercings. The servers have a choice in how they wish to decorate their bodies and you have a choice to not be groced out while you eat. The manager has a choice in selecting servers that will appeal to the clientele he wishes to attract.

Yes, servers certainly have the right to "decorate their bodies" (your words, not mine), they also should expect they they are in a customer service business where they are the first line in service. You are correct in discerning that management has the right to select servers that will appeal to the clientele he wishes to attract - this was a family restaurant with small children, not the Varsity. This restaurant averages about $12-30 per plate, so I guess I was expecting better. BTW, The server with the plugs in their ears, also had a tattoo on their serving forearm of a pair of women's legs in high heels coming out of a martini glass...he served that to my 7 year old...nice!

P.S. It's spelled "grossed out", not groced out...

I have tattoos and it doesn't mean I'm less of a person. However, it does mean that I abide by the policy of the company that says they must be covered while on facility campus. Thus, I wear long sleeves or a lab coat at all times.

The way I handle my phobia regarding people like this, is to go somewhere else to eat. I leave the people with strange ideas to themselves. The world is not as small as the, "This Is Small World," thinkers think it is. drinks.gif

You couldn't be more correct!!! I will and do take my $$money$$ elsewhere!!

You couldn't be more correct!!! I will and do take my $money$ elsewhere!!

555065_587199237957279_1841387599_n.jpg

You and your horrible first world problems...

:ninja:

People are pathetic.

• Like 5

Do not care what some one else does with their body but I do find these extreme tats and piercings to be idiotic. Not saying they are wrong and I am right but personally I do not understand the purpose. I have to believe it is lack of self esteem and a cry for attention ( look at me). I do not think anyone with these body alterations should be shocked if some people take offense and their job prospects are limited. JMO

• Like 1

Do not care what some one else does with their body but I do find these extreme tats and piercings to be idiotic. Not saying they are wrong and I am right but personally I do not understand the purpose. I have to believe it is lack of self esteem and a cry for attention ( look at me). I do not think anyone with these body alterations should be shocked if some people take offense and their job prospects are limited. JMO

Wrong.

• Like 1

I laughed at a cartoon I saw the other day.

2) old guys were sitting in rockers on the porch of the nursing home holding their canes.

One guy says to the other one "tonight I hope we are playing guess what that tattoo used to be".

So very wrong.

I'm not a fan, but I don't have to wear them.

I mostly don't give a flip what others do or look like.......and it brings a lot of peace to my life.

Amen to that!

My ol man has a tattoo around his neck and one across his throat. He's been employed with the same company for 17 years. To each their own.

With a neck tattoo, I'm guessing he must have low self esteem with a look at me attitude. It's the only think that makes sense. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :blink: :blink: NOT!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

With a neck tattoo, I'm guessing he must have low self esteem with a look at me attitude. It's the only think that makes sense. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :blink: :blink: NOT!!!!!!!!!!

The throat tattoo is a DNR. He's had it for almost 40 years. Around his neck is barbed wire. Again, its been there for nearly 40 years.

I don't think self esteem is an issue...

The throat tattoo is a DNR. He's had it for almost 40 years. Around his neck is barbed wire. Again, its been there for nearly 40 years.

Agreed! The 'low self esteem' explanation for people to try to understand why OTHER people get tattoos, is such a broad brush assumption. 'You MUST have low self esteem to do THAT to your body'. What hogwash!!

My daughter has more self esteem than any ten people I know put together and you can't throw a rock at her and not hit a tattoo. ASSUMING.........we all know where that gets us.

• Like 1

Agreed! The 'low self esteem' explanation for people to try to understand why OTHER people get tattoos, is such a broad brush assumption. 'You MUST have low self esteem to do THAT to your body'. What hogwash!!

My daughter has more self esteem than any ten people I know put together and you can't throw a rock at her and not hit a tattoo. ASSUMING.........we all know where that gets us.

She sounds lovely. As I stated I could care less if someone has a tire iron hanging in their nose but don't get pissed if other people find it offensive. I have assumed nothing just questioning why the self mutilation? By the way I said it is just my opinion in response to the original topic so you "bullies" back off before they ban the reply button.

She sounds lovely. As I stated I could care less if someone has a tire iron hanging in their nose but don't get pissed if other people find it offensive. I have assumed nothing just questioning why the self mutilation? By the way I said it is just my opinion in response to the original topic so you "bullies" back off before they ban the reply button.

I think I look at tattoos differently than piercings or ear gauging. I didn't want her or my other daughter to get tattoos, AT ALL, but she and her sister have talked about it and wanted them since they were 5 years old. Hubby and I don't have tattoos so I never really got where their love for them came from.

I did put my foot down, HARD, when she came home with 'earrings' that were a teensy, tiny bit bigger than regular earrings. I knew where it was headed and I told her, 'Nope, no way, no how. You want tattoos, fine. Pick an 'art' and go with it, but you can't do both. Sorry, chica'. Luckily, she realized I was serious and there wasn't a problem.

I do tend to get vehement when people think all tattooed people are 'off' somehow. I'm about as straight laced as they come and I've had to change my own attitude simply because my girls chose body art and they aren't in the slacker club. It's funny how things come back and bite you on the behind.

Bullies, really?

Self mutilation...again, your opinion. Adornment yes, mutilation, no.

I'm HEAVILY tattooed. I am not a child. I'll be 47 this year.

I'm highly literate, and I don't have a 'look at me' attitude. As a matter of fact most folks are visibly shocked to find I am tattooed at all. Unless I want you to see them, you won't.

It's never interfered with my employment, or my ability to interact with the 'non-inked' public.

I am an artist, and I see the body (my body) as a canvas. It's deeply personal and has nothing to do with whether you like it or not.

Don't make assumptions about people you do not know.

Bullies, really?

Self mutilation...again, your opinion. Adornment yes, mutilation, no.

I'm HEAVILY tattooed. I am not a child. I'll be 47 this year.

I'm highly literate, and I don't have a 'look at me' attitude. As a matter of fact most folks are visibly shocked to find I am tattooed at all. Unless I want you to see them, you won't.

It's never interfered with my employment, or my ability to interact with the 'non-inked' public.

I am an artist, and I see the body (my body) as a canvas. It's deeply personal and has nothing to do with whether you like it or not.

Don't make assumptions about people you do not know.

I am glad I stumbled upon this thread. I have learned a lot about myself through these posts. Besides the educational goals I have reached, 20 plus successful years in my field, in a professional atmosphere mind you, I have many faults. I have low self esteem and I like to self mutilate myself, due to my tattoos and piercings. I no longer wear the 12 gauge piercings, which are not "plugs", but yes I do have numerous self mutilating tattoos. They are not of anything "debil" related, but more heritage. Yes I am aware that in the business world my tattoos are not acceptable, which is why I wear long sleeves, which is normal for my job anyway. I never regret getting my tattoos, even on a 98 degree day. Everyone has a view, an opinion and a few orifices, to each their own. I don't really like a few styles of clothes or aspects of certain cultures, but I live and let live. There are far too many important things happening in this world and my daily life than to raise my BP one point for someone's or body jewelry.

As far as a server and their piercings, tattoos etc. I've commented on this issue with my wife and kids on numerous occasions. When it comes to an individual selling me an item, serving me dinner, treating me medically, teaching my kids, etc. I could care less if they are black, gay, female, short, tall, orange hair, piercings, tattoos, I really don't give a F. Just give me really good service, respect,good pricing, honesty and that's all I expect. I've received terrible service from people who were as clean cut as your Washington politician. Which reminds me, those jackasses prove that clean cut does not guarantee integrity. I'm not a bully, just calling it as I see it.

By the way, there are some people who could use some tattoos, to cover up that ugly heart of theirs. Start looking into others hearts and the way they treat you. Stop judging.

• Like 8

Yes, servers certainly have the right to "decorate their bodies" (your words, not mine), they also should expect they they are in a customer service business where they are the first line in service. You are correct in discerning that management has the right to select servers that will appeal to the clientele he wishes to attract - this was a family restaurant with small children, not the Varsity. This restaurant averages about $12-30 per plate, so I guess I was expecting better. BTW, The server with the plugs in their ears, also had a tattoo on their serving forearm of a pair of women's legs in high heels coming out of a martini glass...he served that to my 7 year old...nice!

P.S. It's spelled "grossed out", not groced out...

Even with my misspelling it seems you still understood my intention.

I have tattoos and it doesn't mean I'm less of a person. However, it does mean that I abide by the policy of the company that says they must be covered while on facility campus. Thus, I wear long sleeves or a lab coat at all times.

[/quote

ZC.

Tattoos don't make you "less of a person", but calling someone dishonest, then not apologize does makes you "less of a person".

• Like 2

I'm not going to say where my tattoo is but sometimes it says USA and other times it says United State of America. :ninja: