Paulding.com

Judith Ann Holdeman, age 69, of Hiram, GA, passed away Thursday, April 4, 2013. She was born in Elkhart, IN, on November 26, 1943, to Freida Mercella Barrett and the late, Roderick Vernon Sawyer and was preceded in death by her husband, William Lewis Holdeman. Mrs. Holdeman worked for Cobb General Hospital in the mailroom for 23 years and also was a service operator and installer for Lifeline Services. She was a member of the Order of the Eastern Star and Bethel United Methodist Church. Mrs. Holdeman was an avid bird watcher.

Survivors include her son & daughter-in-law, Brian Holdeman & wife, Sherry of Douglasville, GA; daughter & son-in-law, Christina Linn Head & husband, Dale of Rydal, GA; mother, Freida Mercella Barrett of Elkhart, IN; sister & brother-in-law, Nancy Kay Bennett & husband, Michael of Leesburg, IN; six grandchildren; nieces and nephews.

The family will receive friends on Saturday, April 6, 2013, at Clark Funeral Home, from 6:00 PM until 8:00 PM. A memorial service will be held on Monday, April 8, 2013, at 2:00 PM, from Bethel United Methodist Church, with Reverend Chris Branscomb officiating.

In lieu of flowers, please make donations to: Bethel United Methodist Church Building Fund, 1444 Bethel Church Road, Hiram, GA 30141.

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA, is in charge of arrangements.

(www.samclarkfuneralhome.com)

I so hate to hear about this! I was best friends with her daughter growing up from 3rd grade all through high school. We have kept in touch here and there from time to time. I am glad I saw this post..I will make it a point to go by the funeral home and pay my respects. I loved Mrs. Judy..always treated me with such kindness. RIP Mrs. Judy

Dearest Sweet Cousin, I was so glad I found Judy working at Cobb Hospital and to know she cruised my Dad's drive in when she was a teen. What a small world we live in when we just open up to people. Rest in very peaceful sleep. No more sorrow, no more pain.

Love,

Karen E.