Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
jlewi

Permit needed?

Do I need to get a permit to replace a storage building 12 x 26 that was crushed by a tree in the last storm.

Thanks

Do I need to get a permit to replace a storage building 12 x 26 that was crushed by a tree in the last storm.

Thanks

In most counties, if it's a a pre-built with no permanent foundation, they don't require you too.

I don't know about Paulding.

Your best bet would be to wait until Monday morning and call the permit office; (770) 443-7571.

In most counties, if it's a a pre-built with no permanent foundation, they don't require you too.

I don't know about Paulding.

Your best bet would be to wait until Monday morning and call the permit office; (770) 443-7571.

Thanks for the info

the last time i was at the permit office about 5 years ago, they had a "$1000 rule" --- if it cost more than that to purchase it or build it (shed or pole barn or carport, etc, that is not attached to the home) then you must have a permit

• Like 1

I don't know about a permit being required, but i do remember something in the paulding county zoning restrictions in reference to accessory buildings and setbacks from the property lines and the maximum size being 1,000 square feet per acre of land, etc

sorry i could not help with the permit question though......

• Like 1

I was told that as long as it didn't have a slap you didn't need a permit. This was last week.

But, next week is a new week, so who knows? :pardon:

I was in the tag office today and stopped by the permit office on the way out and verified the current "rules" ---

Any accessory structure that is not attached to the house must have a permit if it is bigger than 10x10, whether it is built on site or purchased and delivered. Meaning a 10x10 would not need a permit, but a 10x12 or larger would require a basic permit. If it has lights or plumbing, etc, then additional permits will be needed

I was in the tag office today and stopped by the permit office on the way out and verified the current "rules" ---

Any accessory structure that is not attached to the house must have a permit if it is bigger than 10x10, whether it is built on site or purchased and delivered. Meaning a 10x10 would not need a permit, but a 10x12 or larger would require a basic permit. If it has lights or plumbing, etc, then additional permits will be needed

Thank you so much. :)

I wouldnt get a stinkin permit I built a whole garage without one few years ago they gona tax you for it anyway then tell you your home isnt worth anything

I wouldnt get a stinkin permit I built a whole garage without one few years ago they gona tax you for it anyway then tell you your home isnt worth anything

As i have found out the hard way, all it takes is one nosy neighbor and a phone call ..... the marshals office will be out there and you will have tickets/fines and the permit fee is then doubled from $150 to $300, and you may have to tear it down too if they inspector cannot see the foundation footings, or the framing, etc

And how much are the permits?

A permit for a trucked in building if it's over 10 X 10?

And then do they tax you for that building?

What a racket.

As i have found out the hard way, all it takes is one nosy neighbor and a phone call ..... the marshals office will be out there and you will have tickets/fines and the permit fee is then doubled from $150 to $300, and you may have to tear it down too if they inspector cannot see the foundation footings, or the framing, etc

Yep, you're interfering with the county and their money. One friend of mine was actually told by code enforcment that they HAD to have a permit to replace their front door and door frame. It's unreal sometimes. My FIL was actually turned in by his garbage collector one year when he was building a small barn in the property...

There was a time when adding a storage building added value to the property therefore it was taxed. These days ya put a shed out back and your value goes down.....