Paulding.com

New Cuban restaurant

I havent been on here in a while and got to reading the thread about the new restaurant Cuban Delights and it intrigued me and I needed to go to Tractor Supply anyway and I typically choose drive throughs over going in but for some reason I decided to go in and Im so glad I did. First off, if the food was lousy, I wouldnt regret my visit because I got to meet the owner Sam who is quite honestly the nicest man Ive met in a very long time. I really enjoyed our conversation!! Secondly, the food was AMAZING! I have never had Cuban food and I got the cuban sandwich and it was outstanding, the flavors were balanced perfectly. I had never had an empanadas and I got the white cheese...FANTASTIC!! The flavor and texture of the bread was great! I also wanted to add they now have Guanabana or "Soursop". Its a frozen fruit drink and it was so refreshing and delicious! Click on the link and check out the health benefits of this fruit! So, I just wanted to share my experience with everyone and help support this local business and I hope he thrives!!! Go check them out!!! :good:

Edited by ♥GaLinemansWife♥

I am SO very glad that you tried and liked it.

I met Sam last Friday on his opening day and I feel like I have known him forever......

Great man and awesome food.

I am drinking a Soursop drink now...yumm.

I am SO very glad that you tried and liked it.

I met Sam last Friday on his opening day and I feel like I have known him forever......

Great man and awesome food.

I am drinking a Soursop drink now...yumm.

So what does Soursop taste like? I looked it up and saw what it was, but how does it taste? Do you buy it by the drink or the bottle?

TIA

So what does Soursop taste like? I looked it up and saw what it was, but how does it taste? Do you buy it by the drink or the bottle?

TIA

I really have no description.

It is from a blended fruit pulp so they make it fresh.

Maybe it is a cross between a granny smith apple and a honeydew melon......that is the best that I can think of. I enjoyed it.

I had another drink the other day that they have that is made from passion fruit...that was really good.

I went there today for lunch. I had the chrizo cuban sandwich. This sandwich was excellent!! The french fries were hand cut and cooked just right. Most fries that are hand cut seem to be cooked too long and dark. These were lightly brown perfect!! Sam the owner is a true to life people person. I got to meet his whole family. Guys there is no need to drive to marietta or Atlanta. We have the best cuban food right here at home in paulding county.

Sorry, this is the first chance I've had to post since last night. The food there was excellent! The owner was there and he is a very knowledgable person on his food. We ordered a mountain of food and everybody ended up eating everybody else's food rather than what we ordered, it was all good. I took a few pics of the place and the staff, the art on the walls were a nice touch, not just random stuff thrown up. I liked the place a lot, it's definitely something different, and that's what we need around here is something different...

I don't post on here much, but when I saw there was a Cuban joint nearby, I had to go try a Cuban sandwich. Having eaten authentic Cuban food while working in Florida, I didn't get my hopes up. I met the owner, super nice guy and I can tell you, he makes it like the Cuban's do. The sandwiches were great, the blackberry cobbler was also great! I'll definitely be going back for more.

I don't post on here much, but when I saw there was a Cuban joint nearby, I had to go try a Cuban sandwich. Having eaten authentic Cuban food while working in Florida, I didn't get my hopes up. I met the owner, super nice guy and I can tell you, he makes it like the Cuban's do. The sandwiches were great, the blackberry cobbler was also great! I'll definitely be going back for more.

:drinks: Sam is great.

Try their empanadas and quisillo too.........good stuff.

We went tonight and loved everything we got. We tried the Cuban sandwiches, beef and queso empanadas and the plantains. All of it was delicious! We also enjoyed speaking with Sam, even my kids commented on how friendly he was!

Ok are they real Cubans and if so do they have there green cards?

I usually only come on here to read topics for the past few years, but I had to make an account after reading this (hence the name). I honestly hope you're joking. Even if you are joking this has to be one of the most ignorant things posted on here ever, and that's including the thread of that family trying to slander the name of the deputy who was doing his job properly and had their car towed for not following basic law.

Do you ask this about Chinese buffets, mexican restaurants, landscapers, etc? You made yourself look like a real clown. Were you by chance at that KKK rally in Memphis this weekend?

Also, I have eaten at this restaurant twice after accidentally finding it. Great food. The guy at the counter is super friendly. I tried to purchase a gift card for someone but since they had just opened he instead gave me a thing to give for a free sandwich. That is even better and made me feel really good that he did that. Now whenever I am in Hiram and need a quick, yet delicious sandwich, I'm heading here.

I usually only come on here to read topics for the past few years, but I had to make an account after reading this (hence the name). I honestly hope you're joking. Even if you are joking this has to be one of the most ignorant things posted on here ever, and that's including the thread of that family trying to slander the name of the deputy who was doing his job properly and had their car towed for not following basic law.

Do you ask this about Chinese buffets, mexican restaurants, landscapers, etc? You made yourself look like a real clown. Were you by chance at that KKK rally in Memphis this weekend?

Also, I have eaten at this restaurant twice after accidentally finding it. Great food. The guy at the counter is super friendly. I tried to purchase a gift card for someone but since they had just opened he instead gave me a thing to give for a free sandwich. That is even better and made me feel really good that he did that. Now whenever I am in Hiram and need a quick, yet delicious sandwich, I'm heading here.

Well said.......

I have only known Sam for a week and already consider him a friend.......he is an awesome guy and I do not care where he is from. (Tho I do believe he was born and bread in the states). Many people in Paulding could take lessons on manners and kindness from him.

Great first post!

Welcome to PCOM :)

I usually only come on here to read topics for the past few years, but I had to make an account after reading this (hence the name). I honestly hope you're joking. Even if you are joking this has to be one of the most ignorant things posted on here ever, and that's including the thread of that family trying to slander the name of the deputy who was doing his job properly and had their car towed for not following basic law.Do you ask this about Chinese buffets, mexican restaurants, landscapers, etc? You made yourself look like a real clown. Were you by chance at that KKK rally in Memphis this weekend?Also, I have eaten at this restaurant twice after accidentally finding it. Great food. The guy at the counter is super friendly. I tried to purchase a gift card for someone but since they had just opened he instead gave me a thing to give for a free sandwich. That is even better and made me feel really good that he did that. Now whenever I am in Hiram and need a quick, yet delicious sandwich, I'm heading here.

I TOLD y'all the Chupacabra was REAL!!!!!!

Welcome to P.com!!!

Greetings welcome to P.Comm,thanks for your first comment and I am so lucky it was at me.Well I hope you give your two cents more often now that you broke your cherry and no longer a virgin.:clapping:

Edited by Animal
  • Like 1

Sam is from the US, he has family in Paulding.

His wife is of cuban descent, she is a very sweet lady and Sam is a very nice man.

All of that is great, but the main thing, the most important thing, the thing that really means something is......the food is good.

PS I am all for getting the illegal people out of the country and back where they came from, except those who I like or who can cook great food. They get a pass.

That's as honest as I get.

Greetings welcome to P.Comm,thanks for your first comment and I am so lucky it was at me.Well I hope you give your two cents more often now that you broke your cherry and no longer a virgin.:clapping:

I like the passive-aggressive reply trying to tarp over your bigotry. Nice touch.

Hi This Is Yami,

I am the owner of the new restaurant "Cuban Deligths". First of all, I want to thank EVERYBODY for posting such wonderful things about our little place. We are so glad that all of you like our food. That is a blessing for me and my family. That nice guy that all of you are talking about is.. my husband.. His name is Sam, and he is from Florida, so he knows what cuban food is all about. I am from from Venezuela, and a legal citizen. My carribeaan origins and Sam's history makes us a good cooking team. We have been living in Hiram for many years with our two little angels: Sebastian and Isabel. This story begins one day when couldnt find a good cuban place near by, thats how we came by with this idea. We are just a paulding family cooking homemade cuban food for all you. We cook our food from the scratch, in the same way we cook for our family at home, nothing frozen or processed, everything natural, thats why our flavors are so different and tasty.

We really appreciate your support, and we thank God for giving us the opportunity to start this little place, in which you can find excellent food, authentic recipes and cooking, refreshing enviroment.. just a little piece from Florida and the caribbean..for all of you.

We have no restaurant experience we just decided to do this. If you have any costructive feeedback it is more than welcome, because we are learning aws we go, and correcting mistakes in a timely manner.

Good bless you all and we hope to see you in our place frequently...

• Like 5

We will probably be going again this week!

Also, FTR, I asked if he was Cuban in another thread, but that is only because I've never had Cuban food not made by/in an establishment not owned by a Cuban and it still be good. I was only curious, and couldn't care less otherwise. That is all. Carry on.

• Like 2

I TOLD y'all the Chupacabra was REAL!!!!!!

Welcome to P.com!!!

Greta first Monday morning laugh! I believe you now!

I have got to try this restaurant, sounds amazing.

Maybe I'll get hubby to take me for his birthday tonight, lol!

Hi This Is Yami,

I am the owner of the new restaurant "Cuban Deligths". First of all, I want to thank EVERYBODY for posting such wonderful things about our little place. We are so glad that all of you like our food. That is a blessing for me and my family. That nice guy that all of you are talking about is.. my husband.. His name is Sam, and he is from Florida, so he knows what cuban food is all about. I am from from Venezuela, and a legal citizen. My carribeaan origins and Sam's history makes us a good cooking team. We have been living in Hiram for many years with our two little angels: Sebastian and Isabel. This story begins one day when couldnt find a good cuban place near by, thats how we came by with this idea. We are just a paulding family cooking homemade cuban food for all you. We cook our food from the scratch, in the same way we cook for our family at home, nothing frozen or processed, everything natural, thats why our flavors are so different and tasty.

We really appreciate your support, and we thank God for giving us the opportunity to start this little place, in which you can find excellent food, authentic recipes and cooking, refreshing enviroment.. just a little piece from Florida and the caribbean..for all of you.

We have no restaurant experience we just decided to do this. If you have any costructive feeedback it is more than welcome, because we are learning aws we go, and correcting mistakes in a timely manner.

Good bless you all and we hope to see you in our place frequently...

WELCOME To PC and glad you decided to open your restaurant here, we were due for something new and different.

Can't wait to try your restaurant.!!!!

Edited by dana

We got food from there last night. I got the Cuban sandwich, hubby got the Media Noche sandwich, also got fried plantains, coconut rice and 2 empanadas (beef and queso). The sandwiches were awesome! To me the coconut rice could have used more coconut flavor, the empanadas tasted good but wish they had more filling in them and the plantains were fine. I also had the soursop drink and it was good. We will definitely be back for their sandwiches. Sam is a VERY nice guy!

• Like 1

We got food from there last night. I got the Cuban sandwich, hubby got the Media Noche sandwich, also got fried plantains, coconut rice and 2 empanadas (beef and queso). The sandwiches were awesome! To me the coconut rice could have used more coconut flavor, the empanadas tasted good but wish they had more filling in them and the plantains were fine. I also had the soursop drink and it was good. We will definitely be back for their sandwiches. Sam is a VERY nice guy!

I am fixing the coconut rice as we speak, more flavor coming. The cookerswe are using are very different from the one we use at the house. I have made three batches today to get the right flavor. I have instructed my staff to use more filing in the empanadas also. Thank you for the constructive advice. We do listen and do our best.

• Like 10

I am fixing the coconut rice as we speak, more flavor coming. The cookerswe are using are very different from the one we use at the house. I have made three batches today to get the right flavor. I have instructed my staff to use more filing in the empanadas also. Thank you for the constructive advice. We do listen and do our best.

:drinks:

Cuban Delights has real potential, but it has to be more consistent.

Firstly, Sam is a great guy. You can tell he loves what he does. His Cuban mojo mayo creation is incredible and definitely an awesome addition to the menu.

The first time the wife and I went the media noche was great! It was a healthy looking sandwich and prepared with slices of mojo pork. My wife had a piece of the sandwich and mentioned how good it was. We also had some fried yuca and sweet plantains. Also very good. All the food came hot to the table. We were ready to come back!

Last night we were kind of disappointed. We both ordered media noche's this time and both the sandwiches were thin and disappointing. There was no sliced mojo pork on the media noche this time? There was was just bits and pieces of pork scattered on the sandwich. The media noche sandwich literally fell apart as you were eating it. It was prepared correctly the first time we where there. We also ordered fried yuca and sweet plantains. Everything was kind of cold as well. The Yuca was great, but cold. The plantains needed to be cooked just a little longer to come out softer. Once again Sam's mojo mayo was great and he was friendly, but it was the only things we really liked this time.

I would also recommend Cuban Delights consider adding Cuban white rice with black beans to the menu. This is a staple of a Cuban diet. :)

My wife and I want to love this place. Having grown up in South Florida and being a Cuban American, I was excited about Cuban delights the first time we were there. Last night, not so much. I don't want this review to come across as overly critical. Maybe some of these things I mentioned can be addressed to make the restaurant better. We are willing to give it another try, but the food preparation has to be more consistent.