Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
MissSophie

Tires, help!

SIL got a flat tire on his way through here to work. Took it to Walmart. The lug nuts were not put on correctly and they bolts are stripped. Walmart won't touch it. Who has the ability around here to handle that situation. He can get it towed.

TIA

SIL got a flat tire on his way through here to work. Took it to Walmart. The lug nuts were not put on correctly and they bolts are stripped. Walmart won't touch it. Who has the ability around here to handle that situation. He can get it towed.

TIA

They were probably put on with an impact wrench and whoever did it just let it hammer on them.

Any good tire shop should be able to handle this.

DO NOT allow them to re-thread the studs... they need to be replaced.

Replace ALL the studs and lug nuts that were affected.

And be sure to keep all receipts and make Wal-Mart pay for it.

Vic Williams, D&A Tire, or any of the larger retail tire shops should be able to handle this with no problem...

... or any reputable mechanic can do this also.

OEM Studs and lug nuts usually are in the $2-$5/each range.

...and for the future... NEVER let a shop put your wheels back on a vehicle with an impact wrench,

unless they use torque sticks (which most don't). They need to be hand torqued to the proper specs.

If they are not, they can gall and stretch the studs, which weakens them.

Edited by Nitro

Took it to Walmart. The lug nuts were not put on correctly and they bolts are stripped. Walmart won't touch it.

Just to clarify, they took it to wal-mart after the flat?

Were the tires originally put on by Wal-mart?

Department store based tire/auto centers, IMO, are a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

They won't admit, much less fix, any issue they may have caused, nor will they try to rectify someone else's screw ups.

Best to take it to a "tire store" that actually stands behind their work.

My opinion of course.

Just to clarify, they took it to wal-mart after the flat?

Were the tires originally put on by Wal-mart?

Department store based tire/auto centers, IMO, are a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

They won't admit, much less fix, any issue they may have caused, nor will they try to rectify someone else's screw ups.

Best to take it to a "tire store" that actually stands behind their work.

My opinion of course.

The tire went flat very close to Walmart so drove it in there because they have tires. Once they checked out what the last place did, they did not want to put on a new tire.

BTW, this happened at 4:00 a.m. with a wind chill in the 20's; went to closest place

Edited by MissSophie

W/M on Dallas Hwy. refused to look at my SIL's flat because They said that they weren't the factory sizes. It turned out it was a cut valve stem.

Dallas Tire. I highly recommend them. After a few bad experiences with Walmart and discount tire, we tried them, we will never go anywhere else for tires.

Dallas Tire. I highly recommend them. After a few bad experiences with Walmart and discount tire, we tried them, we will never go anywhere else for tires.

Love the guys at Dallas Tire. When my son wasted to of his find after being run off the road they gave me two wheela and two tires to use while we waited for new Maxxis rims from California. They didn't know me. They just went out of their way to help not knowing if they were going to get a sale or not.

When the rims came in I bought four new tires from them for his Scion.

Great people.

We get all our tires from Orr Tire Services, on Highway 92 in Acworth. My husband has been buying tires from them for over 20 years and she has never done us wrong.

Always explains things, anwers all our questions about tires and we have gotten some great deals from them. No we are not employees, family etc. We are just customers who won't buy tires anyplace else.

Orr Tire Services, Acworth, GA 30102

Edited by PUBBY
please no street addresses or telephone numbers for non-business members. Contact poster for contact details.

Been going to Dallas tire for some time now and highly recommend them for tires and alignment.

I am SO HAPPY to hear the great comments about Dallas Tire! My hubby works there and has been there for almost 20 years!!!

Thank you for the recommendation!!

• Like 1

We also love Dallas tire, those guys are great and have good prices.We buy all our tires from them and have for years.

TIA

This is the reason I don't have my cars worked on at stores or car washes.

You get what you pay for.

A friend has a sign in his office "We don't mind others selling their stuff for less, they know what their stuff is worth".

Edited by mojo413

Quality Service Tire down 278 near Goldmine! Great folks.

I tried using this business to buy four new tires for my husband's car last year, then again two months ago when I need four new tires for my van. After leaving several messages over several days both times, I even PM'd and comment on one of their threads advertising their tires, but eventually, I gave up and went elsewhere. I never recieved a call back nor have I ever recieved a live person when I called, either last year or this one.

The most recent time I needed tires, I ended up at a national chain store with three letters in it. They were awesome. All four installed and I was out of there in 90 mins. for a price I felt was fair. I was happy with them, surprisingly, but I prefer to support local, independant businesses, even when it's a little more. I didn't try Dallas Tire this time but I will be calling them next time based on this thread.