Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
ThirdSeason

To Serve and Protect

I stand corrected. However, I still suspect that the OP did something to draw attention to himself.

I agree.

https://mvd.dor.ga.gov/vincheck/VinCheck.aspx

How can one check to see if their information has been uploaded to the database and if it is current?

Proof of Insurance and Financial Responsibility

Insurance Card

Although insurance cards are no longer valid as sole proofs of insurance for any vehicle other than those that are self-insured or under the International Registration Plan (IRP) or a fleet policy, the state still requires carriers to issue them and owners to keep them in their vehicles at all times.

Still you have what is legally right and morally right. Do you put a two year old child out on the street in 40 degree weather a mile from their home ? Would a ride to their house have killed the officer ? You know it is their tax dollars that pays his salary I mean it was a case of not having an insurance card for god's sake !

And could the OP have meant to say GEICS (Georgia Electronic Insurance Compliance System) instead of GCIS (Georgia Career Information System)?

https://mvd.dor.ga.gov/vincheck/VinCheck.aspx

Proof of Insurance and Financial Responsibility

Insurance Card

Although insurance cards are no longer valid as sole proofs of insurance for any vehicle other than those that are self-insured or under the International Registration Plan (IRP) or a fleet policy, the state still requires carriers to issue them and owners to keep them in their vehicles at all times.

Thank you, S&D's Nana

I've been around a lot of cops. I've seen a lot of cops at work. I've never seen one who put a child on the side of the road in 40 degree weather.

Where do you draw the line on crime? It's "just" an insurance card. It's "just" speeding. It's "just" abusing a child. It's "just" murdering a homeless person. A crime is a crime is a crime. Enforce them all or take them off the books!

Still you have what is legally right and morally right. Do you put a two year old child out on the street in 40 degree weather a mile from their home ? Would a ride to their house have killed the officer ? You know it is their tax dollars that pays his salary I mean it was a case of not having an insurance card for god's sake !

That was my only concern when I saw it posted on facebook...of course that pic was shared over 500 times in a matter of minutes .....like wild fire...UNREAL....Then BAM...it was gone....UMMMMMMM

I've been around a lot of cops. I've seen a lot of cops at work. I've never seen one who put a child on the side of the road in 40 degree weather.

Where do you draw the line on crime? It's "just" an insurance card. It's "just" speeding. It's "just" abusing a child. It's "just" murdering a homeless person. A crime is a crime is a crime. Enforce them all or take them off the books!

Who said anything about not enforcing the law ? I'm saying throwing a 2 year old to the curb in the dead of night in 40 degree weather is not my idea of Protecting and Serving . Obviously your one of those people that give the cops an automatic pass on everything. Bet you were rooting for the cops in the Rodney King beating.

Who said anything about not enforcing the law ? I'm saying throwing a 2 year old to the curb in the dead of night in 40 degree weather is not my idea of Protecting and Serving . Obviously your one of those people that give the cops an automatic pass on everything. Bet you were rooting for the cops in the Rodney King beating.

I always enjoy a public beating, especially a violent and brutal one where the victim is in obvious fear for their life. It reminds me of how good I have it.

My paternal great-grandfather was a revenue agent. My paternal grandfather was a revenue agent. One of my paternal uncles was a police officer. My father was a sworn deputy when needed (Cobb County was too small to have a paid police force back then). I have several cousins who are state troopers. I have a good friend who is a 25 year LEO. I don't give cops an automatic pass. I do expect them to enforce and abide by the laws that our elected officials have passed.

However, I do know that they don't "throw" a two year old to the curb in 40 degree weather. They also don't repeatedly tell someone that they will be hauled into jail unless that person gets verbally or physically abusive with them.

I suspect that the only reason the OP didn't get taken to jail (or his wife/daughter/SO/whatever didn't get taken to jail as well) was BECAUSE of the kid. Real mature showing your ass to a cop with a two year old around.

I always enjoy a public beating, especially a violent and brutal one where the victim is in obvious fear for their life. It reminds me of how good I have it.

And from you I would expect nothing else, for some their moral compass always points back to themselves. spiteful.gif

My paternal great-grandfather was a revenue agent. My paternal grandfather was a revenue agent. One of my paternal uncles was a police officer. My father was a sworn deputy when needed (Cobb County was too small to have a paid police force back then). I have several cousins who are state troopers. I have a good friend who is a 25 year LEO. .

That explains your eternal biases to all things law enforcement.

So I believe in enforcing the law. Sue me.

I forgot to mention the other members of my family. The car thief. The drug addicts. The child molester.

That explains your eternal biases to all things law enforcement.

So I believe in enforcing the law. Sue me.

I forgot to mention the other members of my family. The car thief. The drug addicts. The child molester.

Just to set the record straight. I have the up most respect for our police officers they have a tough job and are due our support. But that does not mean they can't make a mistake or abuse their authority. In every barrel you always have some good apples and some bad apples.

And of course their are always two sides to every story, we have only heard one side in this post.

• Like 1

Actually there are usually three sides to every story, one side being the truth and the other two sides being the participants version of the truth.pardon.gif

Just to set the record straight. I have the up most respect for our police officers they have a tough job and are due our support. But that does not mean they can't make a mistake or abuse their authority. In every barrel you always have some good apples and some bad apples.

And of course their are always two sides to every story, we have only heard one side in this post.

• Like 2

How was he wasting taxpayers money and his time when he was enforcing the law and getting a law breaker off the street? Believe me, just because the insurance lapse has been reported to the state, it doesn't mean people stop driving. It just means they drive until they get stopped. When they get caught, they complain about the fact that the officer did his/her job. It sounds like this person's insurance lapse showed up on the system where it was supposed to and this officer just happened to check on their tag, for whatever reason. It really sounds like the system worked.

good.gifgood.gif To the officer!

People who's insurance has lapsed are automatically reported to the authorities. This officer was wasting taxpayers money and his time on duty. pardon.gif

You read it on the internet so it must true..... :lol:

something sounds a little strange with the OP's story, like it's only from one side. The shooting on Nebo road comes to mind...

• Like 1

How was he wasting taxpayers money and his time when he was enforcing the law and getting a law breaker off the street? Believe me, just because the insurance lapse has been reported to the state, it doesn't mean people stop driving. It just means they drive until they get stopped. When they get caught, they complain about the fact that the officer did his/her job. It sounds like this person's insurance lapse showed up on the system where it was supposed to and this officer just happened to check on their tag, for whatever reason. It really sounds like the system worked.

good.gifgood.gif To the officer!

Enforcing a law that is already being enforced by the insurance companies themselves is a double standard, S & D's N. and unnecessary time wasting BS! drinks.gif

The insurance companies report that the premium hasn't been paid but they do nothing to get the offenders off the street. They don't even have that authority. I really can't see my insurance agent telling someone they can't drive because they didn't pay their insurance and then calling a wrecker to tow their vehicle. That's the job of the police/sheriff's department.

Enforcing a law that is already being enforced by the insurance companies themselves is a double standard, S & D's N. and unnecessary time wasting BS! drinks.gif

With everything the OP has done such as deleting his posts, changing his screen name after 5 posts, removing the story from FB, and adding to his first post that he is a 'Barbie girl', I'm hard pressed to believe anything he says, especially about the abandonment of a 2 year old on the side of a dark, cold road. Sorry, that's just me.

And who is Lindsey? Are we supposed to know her/him?

Edited by momof 3
  • Like 2

With everything the OP has done such as deleting his posts, changing his screen name after 5 posts, removing the story from FB, and adding that to his first post that he is a 'Barbie girl', I'm hard pressed to believe anything they say, especially about the abandonment of a 2 year old on the side of a dark, cold road. Sorry, that's just me.

nope, me too.

People who's insurance has lapsed are automatically reported to the authorities. This officer was wasting taxpayers money and his time on duty. pardon.gif

It's reported to the state.

The states uses the report to make the tag invalid because of lack of insurance.

The state does NOT report this to local law enforcement.

Law enforcement would have absolutely no way of knowing if the insurance is valid or not, until they ran it.

He ran it and it came back invalid. The driver had no way to prove they have valid insurance.

The officer made the arrest/confiscation with the information he/she had at the time.

He was well justified.

• Like 1

You have no idea what you are talking about. If a insurance company reports someone for a policy lapse the state suspends the vehicle registration. That does nothing to keep the vehicle off of the roadway and has nothing to do with the criminal charge of driving such vehicle. Uninsured vehicles are a hazard to every other motorist who shares the roadway and it benefits us all whent they are taken off the street.

As for the original post, the state database showed no insurance. The driver could not produce a valid insurance card which leads a reasonable person to believe the car does not have insurance. When the car was purchased or registered has no bearing on the issue. It is very common for people to insure a car to get it registered and then let it lapse.

Also, the officer did not need another separate offense to stop the vehicle because the lack of insurance is enough investigate. It was a completely proper stop and that is based only off the person with the complaints story. Citing the driver and towing the vehicle was the only option by law, the officer would have been a moron to let that vehicle drive away. Sounds like he did his job to me, just because someone does not like something does not mean it isn't right.

Edited by Ugadawgs98

It's reported to the state.

The states uses the report to make the tag invalid because of lack of insurance.

The state does NOT report this to local law enforcement.

Law enforcement would have absolutely no way of knowing if the insurance is valid or not, until they ran it.

He ran it and it came back invalid. The driver had no way to prove they have valid insurance.

The officer made the arrest/confiscation with the information he/she had at the time.

He was well justified.

I think the behavior of the OP may have compounded the problem 10 fold. 2 weeks ago my SIL and daughter were stopped because the deputy said that they had no valid ins either. SIL had his current ins ID card, registration and drivers license on the ready. They deputy told them that the data base isn't always correct, let them go and my daughter checked when they got home, there was in fact NO PROBLEM. But if either of them had have acted like a fool toward the deputy, circumstances could have been very different.

• Like 7

You have no idea what you are talking about. If a insurance company reports someone for a policy lapse the state suspends the vehicle registration. That does nothing to keep the vehicle off of the roadway and has nothing to do with the criminal charge of driving such vehicle. Uninsured vehicles are a hazard to every other motorist who shares the roadway and it benefits us all whent they are taken off the street.

As for the original post....let me get this straight. The state database showed no insurance, the driver could not produce a valid insurance card which leads a reasonable person to believe the car does not have insurance. Citing the driver and towing the vehicle was the only option by law, the officer would have been a moron to let that vehicle drive away. Sounds like he did his job to me. Just because someone does not like something does not mean it isn't right.

True dat.

The words 'whine puss' keep dancing through my head, I wonder why? HHHMMMMMMM!?!?!

I love this!!!

I'm so happy to know it's not just me who sees it that way.

You have no idea what you are talking about. If a insurance company reports someone for a policy lapse the state suspends the vehicle registration. That does nothing to keep the vehicle off of the roadway and has nothing to do with the criminal charge of driving such vehicle. Uninsured vehicles are a hazard to every other motorist who shares the roadway and it benefits us all when they are taken off the street.

As for the original post, the state database showed no insurance. The driver could not produce a valid insurance card which leads a reasonable person to believe the car does not have insurance. When the car was purchased or registered has no bearing on the issue. It is very common for people to insure a car to get it registered and then let it lapse.

Also, the officer did not need another separate offense to stop the vehicle because the lack of insurance is enough investigate. It was a completely proper stop and that is based only off the person with the complaints story. Citing the driver and towing the vehicle was the only option by law, the officer would have been a moron to let that vehicle drive away. Sounds like he did his job to me, just because someone does not like something does not mean it isn't right.

What did the LEO do to keep the vehicle off the roadway? You can drive a car without insurance. So calling in was what the LEO should have done. Having no insurance card means nothing. Even if you had insurance at one time and you let your policy expire the insurance company, by law, has to notify the division of licensing that you no longer have insurance and that if you do not show that you have new insurance, you can have your license suspended.

If a person lets his/her insurance lapse they cannot get a new registration until they serve out the length of time they did without insurance.

case liink

Edited by The Postman

Since we only have one person's side of it, let's just assume that the LEO did what he was supposed to do and the insurance company did what they were supposed to do. The only one who didn't was the OP.

What did the LEO do to keep the vehicle off the roadway? You can drive a car without insurance. So calling in was what the LEO should have done. Having no insurance card means nothing. Even if you had insurance at one time and you let your policy expire the insurance company, by law, has to notify the division of licensing that you no longer have insurance and that if you do not show that you have new insurance, you can have your license suspended.

If a person lets his/her insurance lapse they cannot get a new registration until they serve out the length of time they did without insurance.

case liink

Since we only have one person's side of it, let's just assume that the LEO did what he was supposed to do and the insurance company did what they were supposed to do. The only one who didn't was the OP.

The LEO did what he was supposed to do, by calling in, an insurance card don't mean sheeze. drinks.gif

case liink

The officer did what he was supposed to do......had the vehicle towed.

If the picture that was posted on FB that went along with the story, it was NOT dark outside. It looked to be late afternoon.

• Like 3

You noticed that, too?

If the picture that was posted on FB that went along with the story, it was NOT dark outside. It looked to be late afternoon.

case liink

What? That makes no sense. You can't drive a car without insurance, it is a crime. I thought everyone knew that, apparently not. What the DMV does is separate from any criminal consiquences.

Edited by Ugadawgs98