Paulding.com

We don't order Pizza that often, maybe once a year. It was bound to happen......

I have noticed that many items are shrinking in size and the cost is going up, at the same time. Check out the following

OJ used to be 64 ozs, now ist's 59 o.zs

Mayo used to be 32 ozs, now 30 ozs

Sugar used to be 5 lbs, now it's 4 lbs (most of them)

Tuna used to be 6.5 ozs cans, now it's 5 or 5.5 ozs

Butter used to be 16 oz tub, now it's 15 oz tub

Potatoes, the 10 lb bag, now some are 8 lbs

Lunch size candy bars, that used to be 10 in a pack, went to 8 in a pack, now they are 6 in a pack.

Even the Oreo cookies are in a smaller package :cray:

• Like 1

We don't order Pizza that often, maybe once a year. It was bound to happen......

I have noticed that many items are shrinking in size and the cost is going up, at the same time. Check out the following

OJ used to be 64 ozs, now ist's 59 o.zs

Mayo used to be 32 ozs, now 30 ozs

Sugar used to be 5 lbs, now it's 4 lbs (most of them)

Tuna used to be 6.5 ozs cans, now it's 5 or 5.5 ozs

Butter used to be 16 oz tub, now it's 15 oz tub

Potatoes, the 10 lb bag, now some are 8 lbs

Lunch size candy bars, that used to be 10 in a pack, went to 8 in a pack, now they are 6 in a pack.

Even the Oreo cookies are in a smaller package :cray:

You forgot the ice cream. Blue Bell is the only brand that is still a true half gallon, but they're also the most expensive unles you hit a good sale.

And buying in "bulk" doesn't help as much as it used to. The packages at the wholesale clubs are smaller as well. And many of the prices went up. This is the reason that despite

"price matching", I still end up studying the ads and make 3 lists for various stops on errand-day!

• Like 1

Candy bars in general have decreased in size. All about a half ounce less. Everything does seem to be getting smaller. Noticed the usual suspects years ago, ice cream and pizzas, along with most other items on the shelves. But hey the economy has recovered, so it must be a conspiracy from the top executives to make more money. Oh yeah even though the recession is over still can't figure out why I wonder when I will get paid twice on the same day.

Yep, toilet paper is now more fluffy but less sheets. Paper towels are cut smaller to make it seem like there are more sheets. Things have less in them but still cost the same...

But that's not real, it just floors me that you bunch of negative assholes can't see things for what they are. The good times are here, the economy is great, people have great jobs (as long as you have the correct college degree), lay offs aren't real, there's not a homeless problem, all these made up accusations are just Republican/Tea Party/Conservative/Racist/Progress Hating Propagandist making all this stuff up. You people are nothing but a bunch of ignorant, uneducated dumb asses who need to just take your medications and shut the truck up... Now somebody post the damn chart!!! *** rolling eyes sarcastically***

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

• Like 3

Yep, toilet paper is now more fluffy but less sheets. Paper towels are cut smaller to make it seem like there are more sheets. Things have less in them but still cost the same...

But that's not real, it just floors me that you bunch of negative assholes can't see things for what they are. The good times are here, the economy is great, people have great jobs (as long as you have the correct college degree), lay offs aren't real, there's not a homeless problem, all these made up accusations are just Republican/Tea Party/Conservative/Racist/Progress Hating Propagandist making all this stuff up. You people are nothing but a bunch of ignorant, uneducated dumb asses who need to just take your medications and shut the truck up... Now somebody post the damn chart!!! *** rolling eyes sarcastically***

Have you ever seen the movie "They Live" starring Rowdy Roddy Piper? Your post reminds me of that movie for some reason. They want to keep us blind!!!:rofl:

Here! Here!

You'll have to wait on the chart until Eddie gets up :rofl:

Not just pizza. Also clothes. And no, it's not me. I ordered an IDENTICAL pair of shoes as the ones I had on. Identical. Same style number, same size, everything was the same. Except they don't fit because they're too small. WTF??? I have shirts that are made the same, same manufacturer, purchased two years apart. The newer ones just simply don't fit unless they are at least one if not two sizes larger. How can an XL shirt fit and a XXXL be barely large enough when they are the same STYLE shirt by the SAME manufacturer?

Tuna is no longer a 7 1/2 oz can. Really messes with you when you're using an older cookbook that calls for a 7 1/2 oz can of tuna. And most "pounds" of anything food related are now 12 oz or less. 5 pound bags of sugar are 4 pounds.

Has the size of a "large" pizza changed?

I don't order a lot of pizza but I have noticed that the so called large size is about the size of what I remember a medium pizza use to be.

Has the size of a "large" pizza changed?

I don't order a lot of pizza but I have noticed that the so called large size is about the size of what I remember a medium pizza use to be.

:lol: Saw the topic title and was almost afraid to open, :blush:

HERE'S THE CHART!!! HERE'S THE CHART!!! EVERYTHING IN THIS ECONOMY IS COOKIES AND ICE CREAM!!! SEE!!! IT'S HERE IN THE CHART!!!!

Irrelavant_zpsca46a8be.jpg

Some of us, on P.com, can look at a chart and still not see the percentages represented.

Use the word butter instead of wealth, however, and they might be able to figure out how much to put on a pancake, Thoughts!

Some of us, on P.com, can look at a chart and still not see the percentages represented.

Use the word butter instead of wealth, however, and they might be able to figure out how much to put on a pancake, Thoughts!

But my charts are better!!! Mine more accurately represents the total irrelevance of the subject!!!

But my charts are better!!! Mine more accurately represents the total irrelevance of the subject!!!

The subject is very relevant, Thoughts!

It shows the results of the last five year increase in the size of the pocketbook that the top 5% carries.

Edited by The Postman

Not all things are getting smaller. It seems to me that the portions in restaurants are getting bigger and bigger. There are no normal hamburgers at places such as Ruby Tuesdays or Long Horn anymore, they're all gigantic. It's ridiculous, but people seem to feel obliged to eat everything on their plate regardless of the portion. We bring food home almost every time we go out and have another meal for the price of one. And people actually wonder why America is obese.