Paulding.com

Facebook Photo Raid

I'm interested to see what people's opinion on this story is. Personally, I think this is going a little too far.

Family's Home Raided over Facebook Photo of Child's Rifle

By Todd Starnes

New Jersey police and Dept. of Children and Families officials raided the home of a firearms instructor and demanded to see his guns after he posted a Facebook photo of his 11-year-old son holding a rifle.

“Someone called family services about the photo,” said Evan Nappen, an attorney representing Shawn Moore. “It led to an incredible, heavy-handed raid on his house. They wanted to see his gun safe, his guns and search his house. They even threatened to take his kids.”

Moore was not arrested or charged.

I'm interested to see what people's opinion on this story is. Personally, I think this is going a little too far.

Family's Home Raided over Facebook Photo of Child's Rifle

By Todd Starnes

New Jersey police and Dept. of Children and Families officials raided the home of a firearms instructor and demanded to see his guns after he posted a Facebook photo of his 11-year-old son holding a rifle.

“Someone called family services about the photo,” said Evan Nappen, an attorney representing Shawn Moore. “It led to an incredible, heavy-handed raid on his house. They wanted to see his gun safe, his guns and search his house. They even threatened to take his kids.”

Moore was not arrested or charged.

It's going WAY too far.

If that would have happened at my house, they would have been told to get the hell off my property and got

the door slammed in their face. If they didn't remove themselves from my property, they would have been arrested for trespassing. If they had tried to force their way in, someone would have been shot.

Well what I really like and think was a smart move on the father's part was that he had his lawyer on the phone and handed it to the police while they were at his house. The lawyer told the police that if they don't have a warrant, they're not coming in the house and that it violates his 4 th amendment rights. Bravo.

• Like 1

VERY smart move by the homeowner. In a different story I read, the LE were very polite and it was clear they were only there in support of the DFCS worker. When he told them to leave, they did.

The report I heard said that they had held the man up at his door for over an hour, arguing back and forth.

We have almost the same pic of 5th grader on his 10 b'day, but the rifle he is holding is a more traditional Ruger 10/22. This entire dust up over a proud little kid, is BEYOND RIDICULOUS!!!!!! This dad handled it just like he should have.

• Like 2

These people need to get a life!!!! Here is my 5 yo Grandson, with his 22 Jimminy Cricket that he got last Christmas. My 10 yo Grandson got a 243 super short mag, I have no idea what that is but, he typed it for me. He also has 410 shotgun and a 22 long rifle.

I don't have a picture of the 10 yo shooting his gun.

Noah Shooting his gun 011213.jpg

• Like 1

The report I heard said that they had held the man up at his door for over an hour, arguing back and forth.

It wasn't in the story I read, but I can believe it, esp. if the DFCS worker were pushing the issue. I loved that she wouldn't give her name (in the story I read) and never came back with a warrant.

It wasn't in the story I read, but I can believe it, esp. if the DFCS worker were pushing the issue. I loved that she wouldn't give her name (in the story I read) and never came back with a warrant.

I would take DFCS to court and ask for sanctions.

• Like 1