Paulding.com

Cleanse/detox/juice

No I haven't I e been working out hard and steadily for a good 6 months I've lost about 15 lbs since lady summer and have 5-10 more I'd like to lose before our big vaca this summer!

Cleansing is so big right now they are so expensive !!!

I understand wanting to do a clense, I've done them before, but you also need to add probiotics daily. You'll really be able to tell a difference. It will keep the bacteria in your guts balanced and it really does cut down on the bloating and gas. That's all bloating is.

And drink lots of water.

I also read this on WIKI:

Drinking extra virgin olive oil helps to stop bloating.[

Are probiotics a vitamin that can be found at any drug store?

Probiotics are not vitamins. It is bacteria or flora, good bacteria that your gut needs to be balanced and healthy.

I've always eaten yogurt for over 40 years and I've always kept Acidophilus on hand for when I had to take an antibiotic, because antibiotics not only kill bad bacteria but the good bacteria as well.

I've been using probiotics since December when I had some issues with my stomach. It's just been the last few years probiotics have become popular and more people have become aware of them.

Probiotics is just a fancy name for what I've been doing all along.

From WEB MD:

Probiotics are organisms such as bacteria or yeast that are believed to improve health. They are available in supplements and foods. The idea of taking live bacteria or yeast may seem strange at first. After all, we take antibiotics to fight bacteria. But our bodies naturally teem with such organisms.

The digestive system is home to more than 500 different types of bacteria. They help keep the intestines healthy and assist in digesting food. They are also believed to help the immune system.

How Do Probiotics Work?

Researchers believe that some digestive disorders happen when the balance of friendly bacteria in the intestines becomes disturbed. This can happen after an infection or after taking antibiotics. Intestinal problems can also arise when the lining of the intestines is damaged. Taking probiotics may help.

“Probiotics can improve intestinal function and maintain the integrity of the lining of the intestines,” says Stefano Guandalini, MD, professor of pediatrics and gastroenterology at the University of Chicago Medical Center. These friendly organisms may also help fight bacteria that cause diarrhea.

From WIKI:

Lactic acid bacteria (LAB) and bifidobacteria are the most common types of microbes used as probiotics, but certain yeasts and bacilli may also be used. Probiotics are commonly consumed as part of fermented foods with specially added active live cultures, such as in yogurt, soy yogurt, or as dietary supplements.

I watched a movie recently that may really benefit you....it's called "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead"....it's a documentary about juicing and fasting. I'm not really overweight but have heard a lot about this juicing craze so I checked it out. I found the movie incredibly motivational and informative. Given what you've described your situation to be, def check it out.

Looks like it's actually available for free on Hulu here

mrnn